2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you must be the most insecure person to have to point out a typo. you're in school why not attend and leave us to suffer. You are so mean spirited for no reason. Is this how your ego is fed and you are the reason there are bullies in this world
Dear god I hope you grow out of this mentality.
You immediately start attacking anyone who proves you wrong or corrects you. If you want to be a medical professional, much less a medical student, you are going to have to work with people who call you out for being wrong, or otherwise have different lines of thinking from you. You're going to be wrong sometimes, you're going to be right sometimes. Get over yourself, no one is attacking/bullying you, realize its an opportunity to grow.
 
Thinking of withdrawing from my acceptance at Drexel. Do I simply just withdraw my application from the portal or do I have to email them? And does anyone know how the refund for the deposit works? Will it be automatic.

Sincerely hope someone on here will be able to take my spot!
 
Interviews are obviously over, and I would just like some closure on my file. Is it appropriate to withdraw our application since we haven't received an official rejection? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did most people hear back around the 8 week mark? They gave us a time frame but not too sure when I should expect anything from early march
 
Did most people hear back around the 8 week mark? They gave us a time frame but not too sure when I should expect anything from early march
I was past the 10 week mark when I withdrew pre-decision, and according to last year's thread, some people waited as long as 12 weeks.
 
Also deferred and interviewed 3/8. Maybe they are waiting to see what happens after the 30th. Who knows
That's what I think too. I'm guessing Drexel isn't the top choice for a lot of people who are already holding seats in the class. Those students are waiting to hear back from other schools but are keeping their seat at Drexel as a safety. Even after April 30, people can hold seats but they'll lose their deposit ($100 is not a lot so I can imagine many students do this). If you look at the difference in MCAT scores from Accepted Students to Matriculated Students, there is a sizeable drop (I think like 3 points, with a big shift in the distribution of scores as well). This is because those students with higher stats are giving up their seats when they get other offers and the students from the deferred group/waitlist, with lower stats, take those seats and end up matriculating. I'm staying hopeful knowing that there is a lot of movement for this school in particular.

tl;dr - Hold on, the dawn is approaching...
 
Who knows? Maybe they are also reviewing people for a few more days. Deferral basically means that they wanted to put us up against everyone, right?
Maybe they have X number of seats to give out and they wanted to compare all of March dates like a kind of non rolling type thing. Especially since people had to rearrange and cancel due to storms and weather.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow what lol. That must be like the latest II of the cycle (that I know of at least). Congrats nevertheless 🙂 I'm assuming you weren't on pre-II hold here?

Yeah I never got the pre-hold email or any email from Drexel since I submitted my app in early August. To be honest, I thought my app was either dropped on the floor somewhere left forgotten, went straight to their Spam folder, or was feed to the Dragon mascot. 🤣
 
Withdrew post-II, pre-decision. Good luck everyone!!
Did you just withdraw your application from the secondary application / interview portal? Or did you e-mail admissions? I tried to withdraw my application from the secondary link but an error keeps showing up
 
Did you just withdraw your application from the secondary application / interview portal? Or did you e-mail admissions? I tried to withdraw my application from the secondary link but an error keeps showing up
I was able to withdraw from the secondary portal. But if that’s not working for you, I would email them 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed at the very end of January heard back yet? Going on 12 weeks without even a deferral...