2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's going on with the Class of 2022 FB page? It looks like no one has been accepted into it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What's going on with the Class of 2022 FB page? It looks like no one has been accepted into it.
There’s literally 4 of us in the group apart from the admins.. I would start messaging them to let people in until they start answering and accepting

Members don't see this ad :)
you must be the most insecure person to have to point out a typo. you're in school why not attend and leave us to suffer. You are so mean spirited for no reason. Is this how your ego is fed and you are the reason there are bullies in this world
Dear god I hope you grow out of this mentality.
You immediately start attacking anyone who proves you wrong or corrects you. If you want to be a medical professional, much less a medical student, you are going to have to work with people who call you out for being wrong, or otherwise have different lines of thinking from you. You're going to be wrong sometimes, you're going to be right sometimes. Get over yourself, no one is attacking/bullying you, realize its an opportunity to grow.

Reactions: 4 users
Thinking of withdrawing from my acceptance at Drexel. Do I simply just withdraw my application from the portal or do I have to email them? And does anyone know how the refund for the deposit works? Will it be automatic.

Sincerely hope someone on here will be able to take my spot!

Just called today, was told the deferred list is not a waitlist and that updates will be sent if it is made one.

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to those on the WL!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews are obviously over, and I would just like some closure on my file. Is it appropriate to withdraw our application since we haven't received an official rejection? Thanks!

Interviews are obviously over, and I would just like some closure on my file. Is it appropriate to withdraw our application since we haven't received an official rejection? Thanks!

You can if you want, but it isn’t necessary.

Yeah the DUCOM scholarship! And no I just happened to go and look and it was there
Did you have to apply for it? I wasnt able to submit for scholarships because they havent met for our date yet so there hasnt been a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have to apply for it? I wasnt able to submit for scholarships because they havent met for our date yet so there hasnt been a decision.
I think the scholarship application might have done it but I’m not sure

Did most people hear back around the 8 week mark? They gave us a time frame but not too sure when I should expect anything from early march

Did most people hear back around the 8 week mark? They gave us a time frame but not too sure when I should expect anything from early march
I was past the 10 week mark when I withdrew pre-decision, and according to last year's thread, some people waited as long as 12 weeks.

Interviewed early March, received formal rejection today. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

when did you apply for scholarships?
did you receive a confirmation email after submitting the application?
I submitted it about 2 weeks ago, and nah they never sent me a confirmation that I turned in the application

Was just Deferred review. Not sure how they can deferr review this late in the cycle.

Was just Deferred review. Not sure how they can deferr review this late in the cycle.
Also deferred and interviewed 3/8. Maybe they are waiting to see what happens after the 30th. Who knows

Also deferred and interviewed 3/8. Maybe they are waiting to see what happens after the 30th. Who knows
That's what I think too. I'm guessing Drexel isn't the top choice for a lot of people who are already holding seats in the class. Those students are waiting to hear back from other schools but are keeping their seat at Drexel as a safety. Even after April 30, people can hold seats but they'll lose their deposit ($100 is not a lot so I can imagine many students do this). If you look at the difference in MCAT scores from Accepted Students to Matriculated Students, there is a sizeable drop (I think like 3 points, with a big shift in the distribution of scores as well). This is because those students with higher stats are giving up their seats when they get other offers and the students from the deferred group/waitlist, with lower stats, take those seats and end up matriculating. I'm staying hopeful knowing that there is a lot of movement for this school in particular.

tl;dr - Hold on, the dawn is approaching...

Who knows? Maybe they are also reviewing people for a few more days. Deferral basically means that they wanted to put us up against everyone, right?
Maybe they have X number of seats to give out and they wanted to compare all of March dates like a kind of non rolling type thing. Especially since people had to rearrange and cancel due to storms and weather.

My deferred email said that deferred =/=WL FWIW. Is it worth it to send them a letter before traffic day?

Just got an interview invite! I thought they were done interviewing.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an interview invite! I thought they were done interviewing.
Wow what lol. That must be like the latest II of the cycle (that I know of at least). Congrats nevertheless :) I'm assuming you weren't on pre-II hold here?

Wow what lol. That must be like the latest II of the cycle (that I know of at least). Congrats nevertheless :) I'm assuming you weren't on pre-II hold here?

Yeah I never got the pre-hold email or any email from Drexel since I submitted my app in early August. To be honest, I thought my app was either dropped on the floor somewhere left forgotten, went straight to their Spam folder, or was feed to the Dragon mascot. :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
And suddenly it all makes sense...
So those days that Drexel closed, they extended the interview dates to late April which now makes sense as to why they deferred people. Gunna be matched up to the the last few applicants for the handful of spots left.

Accepted!!!! It has been a long wait since my interview in September.

Does anyone know when they’ll be sending information on when school starts/registering for classes?

ACCEPTED!!!!
Deferred in November.
Lizzy M: 73

Withdrew post-II, pre-decision. Good luck everyone!!
Did you just withdraw your application from the secondary application / interview portal? Or did you e-mail admissions? I tried to withdraw my application from the secondary link but an error keeps showing up

Did you just withdraw your application from the secondary application / interview portal? Or did you e-mail admissions? I tried to withdraw my application from the secondary link but an error keeps showing up
I was able to withdraw from the secondary portal. But if that’s not working for you, I would email them :)

Has anyone who interviewed at the very end of January heard back yet? Going on 12 weeks without even a deferral...

How often does Drexel send out acceptances/ rejections in a month? Will there be any more contact before April 30?

Withdrew my acceptance. Wishing luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users