You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Drexel University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted! Interviewed 12/6. Deferred 2/12.
Just now?!?!?
Just now?!?!?
Got the email about 2 hours ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!Awesome!! Congrats !!🙂
I don't believe so? All I did was accept a waitlist position on 5/10, it didn't say anything about high priority.Were you on high priority wait list?
They have a high priority WL?Were you on high priority wait list?
My batchmate’s WL letter says highest priorityThey have a high priority WL?
Accepted today off the waitlist! Congrats to everyone else who waited it out haha
For people who paid the deposit, did it take a while for the portal to update that it was paid?
For people who paid the deposit, did it take a while for the portal to update that it was paid?
How much is the deposit?Accepted today off the waitlist! Congrats to everyone else who waited it out haha
For people who paid the deposit, did it take a while for the portal to update that it was paid?
Congrats! What are your stats?
3.65/510 (my undergrad is known for its grade deflation), OOS, female, ~1500 of hours of research when applied in June, ~200 clinical hours, and I have lived in 4 countries (makes me a bit different from the average applicant).
From 4/24 and haven't heard a thing...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently accepted off the waitlist. Can anyone comment on the curriculum for the pre clinical years? What does a typical week look like for a first year?
Thanks y'all
A newer change to the curriculum is that there are no regular lectures that you can attend in person. They are recorded.
From 4/24 and haven't heard a thing...
Same :/
Anyone know what the date is for new students to arrive for first day stuff? Is it mid/late July or August? Thx.
GL all WL’rs.
GL all WL’rs.
So I never got an email for waitlist. It just kinda popped up on a tab? Did anyone else have that happen?
Anyone know what the date is for new students to arrive for first day stuff? Is it mid/late July or August? Thx.
GL all WL’rs.
August 6th
Recently accepted off the waitlist. Can anyone comment on the curriculum for the pre clinical years? What does a typical week look like for a first year?
Thanks y'all
Monday’s are dedicated to the material for the week. Tuesday mornings are the case-based sessions, with Tuesday evening being various things throughout the year. Wednesday-Friday is most of the TBL, labs, and other activities.
So how long on average are you in mandatory activities per week?Monday’s are dedicated to the material for the week. Tuesday mornings are the case-based sessions, with Tuesday evening being various things throughout the year. Wednesday-Friday is most of the TBL, labs, and other activities.
Just received waitlist email:
Interviewed 3/23
Interviewed 3/23
Waitlisted this morning
Interviewed 4/24
Interviewed 4/24
So how long on average are you in mandatory activities per week?
It honestly varies week to week. But maybe 15 hours? I am not totally sure. I am an MS2 so i had the old curriculum. (And stuff like anatomy lab isn’t mandatory, but it obviously a good idea to go lol)
Can any M1/2 comment on if they like the case based learning sessions? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go here or another comparable school that has normal lecture. I feel like I won't like spending time in so many mandatory sessions. I like to self-study
Yeah, Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2022Not sure if this has already been asked... but is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any M1/2 comment on if they like the case based learning sessions? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go here or another comparable school that has normal lecture. I feel like I won't like spending time in so many mandatory sessions. I like to self-study
I was in IFM for first and second year and I did like the few case-based things we had. Nowhere near what PIL and the first years had, though. This is just how you apply some of the self-study stuff. And these only count for two hours a week of your time.
sinking into the deep WL depression..
I feel ya!
Thank you!
Could you possibly link it? Can’t find it
Could you possibly link it? Can’t find it
Yeah, Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2022
Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to all WL'rs!
Still in WL purgatory. Come thru drexel. I already started writing secondaries again.
My biggest fear is resubmitting apps only to be accepted of one of my waitlists like a week later. Bye bye $2000 I don't have. I mean it's still good because med school, but we put ourselves into enough debt trying to get in...
Edit: FYI today is graduation, so we likely won’t hear from admissions today 🙁
Last edited:
I have that too PLUS my lease is ending the end of july so I dont want to put a deposit and everything down and then break the lease cuz that $$$$. PLUS my partner is moving with me so he kinda needs more than a 2 week notice to move to a completely different state with me. With all that being said, its better than having to reapply altogether.My biggest fear is resubmitting apps only to be accepted of one of my waitlists like a week later. Bye bye $2000 I don't have. I mean it's still good because med school, but we put ourselves into enough debt trying to get in...
It honestly varies week to week. But maybe 15 hours? I am not totally sure. I am an MS2 so i had the old curriculum. (And stuff like anatomy lab isn’t mandatory, but it obviously a good idea to go lol)
15 is about right. That includes everything (cbl's, tbl's, gross lab, plus other occasional activities like practicing with standardized patients).
Has anybody sent an update/LOI? I have already sent updates along the cycle and dont have any more slots in my portal to submit updates. Should I send it directly to admissions?
They gave us an email and subject line to email significant updates to them in the waitlist tab on AMP.
Ok awesome. I hope the LOI helps a bit but I know MSAR says they have barely any WL movement which is slightly discouraging.They gave us an email and subject line to email significant updates to them in the waitlist tab on AMP.
Ok awesome. I hope the LOI helps a bit but I know MSAR says they have barely any WL movement which is slightly discouraging.
I've been told that they don't really care about letters of intent, so I'd save that for other WLs you might be on. A letter of interest can't hurt though
Yea, movement seems slow, but they tend to have later waitlist movement. Like I said before, typically they move WL in June/July. Also, in the past it seems like WL movement has favored SMP students since we took their M1 courses and are thus comparable to their med students. But who knows...things could be different this yearBooo. My other WL school doesnt take updates at all (pre II or post II) but they told me my rank. I would 100% take drexel over them tho even tho the school is 20k less a year. And the school has movement late also (June-August cuz they start late august) and Im already working on my new app. Would hate to dump a bunch of money into secondaries and signing a new lease then be accepted and lose all that money.I've been told that they don't really care about letters of intent, so I'd save that for other WLs you might be on. A letter of interest can't hurt thoughYea, movement seems slow, but they tend to have later waitlist movement. Like I said before, typically they move WL in June/July. Also, in the past it seems like WL movement has favored SMP students since we took their M1 courses and are thus comparable to their med students. But who knows...things could be different this year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
15 is about right. That includes everything (cbl's, tbl's, gross lab, plus other occasional activities like practicing with standardized patients).
Are exams lecture based or are they more NBME style questions? If so, when do you think we should purchase the first aid book?
Are exams lecture based or are they more NBME style questions? If so, when do you think we should purchase the first aid book?
Lots of NBME style questions based on lecture concepts, and some non-NBME style questions. Don't think that you necessarily need First Aid to study for class exams first year, but I'm sure some students use it. I've heard many people say to wait until summer after 1st year to buy it though because you'll have so many other resources to study. I would recommend getting Lipincott's review books for many of the classes. Those are very helpful, especially for Biochem (one of the biochem profs Dr. Ferrier wrote it).
Can any M1/2 comment on if they like the case based learning sessions? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go here or another comparable school that has normal lecture. I feel like I won't like spending time in so many mandatory sessions. I like to self-study
Current MS1
I will tell you why the case based learning sucks, it is the grading. It feels like whoever you get as a facilitator plays a huge role in the grade you get. Additionally, the independent case based quiz/test sucks because they like to keep grades relatively low on purpose (same as the group part), just to stress everyone out. Other than that, I have had a good time with the students because they can provide thoughts that you would not by yourself, but of course, this also depends on the students you get grouped with.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K