-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Drexel University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Smh putting us on hold in mid-February. Like yea take more time to review my app please it’s only been ~9 months.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on hold just now. Taking it as a rejection
Pre-II Hold gang too, calling ToD of my app here at 2/10/18
When were y’all complete? I’m complete in July with no response post secondaryPlaced on hold just now. Taking it as a rejection
Also July, silence until now.When were y’all complete? I’m complete in July with no response post secondary
Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
Placed on hold just now
Complete late JulyWhen were y’all complete? I’m complete in July with no response post secondary
D
deleted877508
Have they actually been rejecting people post-II yet, or just deferring folks?
Based on this thread, it appears as though they have just been deferring.... anyone feel free to correct me though. On a personal note, still awaiting a post interview decision (12/6)....Have they actually been rejecting people post-II yet, or just deferring folks?
they rejected some people post II earlier in the season
complete date? congrats!Just got an II! Earliest date was March 21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! Complete early August, was not placed on hold previously
II also today! complete early August.
A
AspiringDoc!
Were any of you placed on pre-interview hold prior to receiving an II/rejection? And congrats to everyone who just received an II!!
Complete 7/25! Was not previously placed on holdcomplete date? congrats!
If you don’t mind me asking, those were invited to interview, what are your stats? MCAT/GPA. Would be greatly appreciated.
I was not placed on hold before and I was complete mid SeptemberWere any of you placed on pre-interview hold prior to receiving an II/rejection? And congrats to everyone who just received an II!!
Just placed on hold. It’s mid-February. How do they not know if they have interview slots open?
Already holding 2 acceptances so I probably won’t bothdr to interview if I’m offered, but no one lose faith in getting an interview yet!
Already holding 2 acceptances so I probably won’t bothdr to interview if I’m offered, but no one lose faith in getting an interview yet!
Also got the pre II hold.
Did everyone on hold only find out through their portal? The email is listed under communication status but I cant find the email...
Did everyone on hold only find out through their portal? The email is listed under communication status but I cant find the email...
Got my email within the last 3 minutes.
So weird they are holding people.
Just give me the R
So weird they are holding people.
Just give me the R
Same happened to me (but back in October)Also got the pre II hold.
Did everyone on hold only find out through their portal? The email is listed under communication status but I cant find the email...
Will be withdrawing my II - good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we interview at the end of march, are we expected to get a response before april 30th?
I am nearly certain they are required to give you an answer by traffic day.
From what it seems like, pretty poor chances.. and starting??Just got a "hold" email. Anyone know what the chances of getting an II/getting off the hold list are? Starting to apply to DO schools...
A
AspiringDoc!
Been on hold since mid October, and haven't heard from them since thenJust got a "hold" email. Anyone know what the chances of getting an II/getting off the hold list are? Starting to apply to DO schools...
From what it seems like, pretty poor chances.. and starting??
Yup, had 6 MD interviews so far but no acceptances, so starting to get a little nervous
Yup, had 6 MD interviews so far but no acceptances, so starting to get a little nervous
Have some faith. I didn't get an acceptance until the 5th school I interviewed at, so I know what you're going through
Do people with holds even get II? So far it seems like you've got a better chance if you're in the silent squad compared to receiving the hold email lol
Silence since submitting in October and I'm a current Drexel undergrad... goodluck to everyone!
Anyone know what days Drexel likes to send out updates? PSU does the beginning/end of a month, is Drexel similar?
It was relatively accurate for me. I remember a couple of people in my AM interview group ended later though because their interviewer was late from seeing an emergency patient.Is the 1:30 interview end time accurate? Im trying to book flights and dont wanna cut it too close.
EDIT: might be remembering it wrong based on ciestar's post below... I think they were late to the student interview actually, so they probably did end on time.
Last edited:
Is the 1:30 interview end time accurate? Im trying to book flights and dont wanna cut it too close.
If you have a morning interview, yes. Your student interviewer is instructed to end the tour by 1:30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have a morning interview, yes. Your student interviewer is instructed to end the tour by 1:30.
Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.It was relatively accurate for me. I remember a couple of people in my AM interview group ended later though because their interviewer was late from seeing an emergency patient.
EDIT: might be remembering it wrong based on ciestar's post below... I think they were late to the student interview actually, so they probably did end on time.
Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.
Yes, it is. You get lunch with a student and then they give you a tour. They do evaluate you.
As ciestar said, the student interview is the group interview. A group of 3-4 applicants are assigned to 1 med student. Super informal/chill interview over lunch and tour of the school - didn't even feel like it was an interview.Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K