2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else waiting to hear back post-II from November? I sent admissions an email asking about the timeline last Friday and have heard nothing since.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were any of you placed on pre-interview hold prior to receiving an II/rejection? And congrats to everyone who just received an II!!
 
Just placed on hold. It’s mid-February. How do they not know if they have interview slots open?

Already holding 2 acceptances so I probably won’t bothdr to interview if I’m offered, but no one lose faith in getting an interview yet!
 
Also got the pre II hold.

Did everyone on hold only find out through their portal? The email is listed under communication status but I cant find the email...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a "hold" email. Anyone know what the chances of getting an II/getting off the hold list are? Starting to apply to DO schools...
 
Do people with holds even get II? So far it seems like you've got a better chance if you're in the silent squad compared to receiving the hold email lol
 
Placed on hold several days ago, sent an update in reply to the email as a shot in the dark. We'll see what happens.
 
Is the 1:30 interview end time accurate? Im trying to book flights and dont wanna cut it too close.
It was relatively accurate for me. I remember a couple of people in my AM interview group ended later though because their interviewer was late from seeing an emergency patient.

EDIT: might be remembering it wrong based on ciestar's post below... I think they were late to the student interview actually, so they probably did end on time.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have a morning interview, yes. Your student interviewer is instructed to end the tour by 1:30.
It was relatively accurate for me. I remember a couple of people in my AM interview group ended later though because their interviewer was late from seeing an emergency patient.

EDIT: might be remembering it wrong based on ciestar's post below... I think they were late to the student interview actually, so they probably did end on time.
Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.
 
Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.

Yes, it is. You get lunch with a student and then they give you a tour. They do evaluate you.
 
Is the student interview the group interview? I head that they basically just interview you while giving you the tour and its not a formal interview.
As ciestar said, the student interview is the group interview. A group of 3-4 applicants are assigned to 1 med student. Super informal/chill interview over lunch and tour of the school - didn't even feel like it was an interview.