You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Duke University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have there been any more PCLT calls today? Thanks!
Nothing here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing here.
When I received the call yesterday it was from a PCLT administrator and she mentioned that the physicians were unable to do the calls at that time and so she would be doing the PCLT calls on their behalf. She also mentioned I would receive a call later from the physician that interviewed me. So I’m not sure if the administrator did all the calls yesterday, but it seemed as if she was the one assigned to since the other PCLT staff were busy at the time.
When I received the call yesterday it was from a PCLT administrator and she mentioned that the physicians were unable to do the calls at that time and so she would be doing the PCLT calls on their behalf. She also mentioned I would receive a call later from the physician that interviewed me. So I’m not sure if the administrator did all the calls yesterday, but it seemed as if she was the one assigned to since the other PCLT staff were busy at the time.
Yeah I have come the conclusion that all acceptance calls were made yesterday. Don't have too much hope
I got my call yesterday at 1 PM - so happy! I was too excited to ask - what times are second look? I know the 16-18 but I don't know when we need to arrive/leave I was hoping someone here would know.
My caller said that there would be more information coming via email, but to expect getting to Duke early/mid afternoon on the 16th. I cannot remember when to depart, but I'll probably try to fly out later in the evening on the 18th anyways so I can spend some more time in Durham/chill with folks!
The email should give us a lot more clarity though (he seemed to think it would go out Monday)!
Were you able to see your acceptance letter through that? i am having trouble finding it.I got a link to make a duke account ID thing
Current student: I believe that merit is given with your admissions offer - I say 'believe' because I'm not 100% sure as I didn't get get any merit-based aid, but I feel like I've heard this from classmates. Need-based aid will come once you've submitted all the necessary forms.extremely fortunate to get an acceptance, absolutely love this school! does anyone know when duke will tell students if they get any merit aid (is it same time as the admissions offer) and/or whether duke is even the tiniest bit receptive to matching scholarship offers?
100% absolutely reach out to admissions with regards to matching need or merit-based scholarship offers. They are very receptive, and I say this from experience. It won't hurt, and if they're able, they will try to do their best.
I’m just wondering how they would know. The doctors making the calls out and about announcing they didn’t finish?
Completely possible that a faculty member mentioned it in passing to a current student. I don't know one way or another, but I could see it happening.You and me both. It doesn't seem to be something they would share with any medical student unless they were part of the committee. Not bringing up my hopes on it though.
Long story short - I know that the randomness of the calls is confusing and drawn out and it makes this long and painful process even more painful. I'm sorry, y'all.
I think I'm holding out hope because ~10 people claimed they got accepted, and I feel that if Duke accepted ~300 people on Friday, a lot more than 10 people would be posting.
Yeah, that makes sense actually. Thanks!Completely possible that a faculty member mentioned it in passing to a current student. I don't know one way or another, but I could see it happening.
Long story short - I know that the randomness of the calls is confusing and drawn out and it makes this long and painful process even more painful. I'm sorry, y'all.
I do wonder if the people that were supposed to get the call still got the email about the Duke ID a thing.
Here's a recap of some of the stuff that has been said on this thread for those who don't wanna comb through the last four or five pages:
- Some acceptance calls went out Friday. All of those who received calls also seem to have received an email.
- As of Friday, no one has received an email if they did not receive a call.*EDIT* there HAVE been people who received an email but no call.
- In past years, accepted students have received an email on Monday without receiving a call.
- Not all calls went out Friday, and more calls will go out Monday.
- Calls are made in a random order.
- All decisions will be released via email by the end of tomorrow (Monday), wait list, acceptance, or rejection
Last edited:
Can offer some insight here. Didn't get a call, got an acceptance email on Monday, got a call offering me a merit-based scholarship probably about a week later? Definitely was not with my admissions decision though. Hang in there, everyone.Current student: I believe that merit is given with your admissions offer - I say 'believe' because I'm not 100% sure as I didn't get get any merit-based aid, but I feel like I've heard this from classmates.
Pretty sure someone answered this already, but did anyone check last year’s thread to see an approximate time that e-mails were released on the following Monday (aka tomorrow)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty sure someone answered this already, but did anyone check last year’s thread to see an approximate time that e-mails were released on the following Monday (aka tomorrow)?
They were like from noon till 5. IDK why they staggered them, they drag it out to the bitter end.
Here's a recap of some of the stuff that has been said on this thread for those who don't wanna comb through the last four or five pages:
- Some acceptance calls went out Friday. All of those who received calls also seem to have received an email.
- As of Friday, no one has received an email if they did not receive a call.
- In past years, accepted students have received an email on Monday without receiving a call.
- Not all calls went out Friday, and more calls will go out Monday.
- Calls are made in a random order.
- All decisions will be released via email by the end of tomorrow (Monday), wait list, acceptance, or rejection
Just as an addition, I received a call and have NOT received an email yet. Just so that folks are aware!
Have many people gotten that OneLink Registration email? I got that, but no call, and when I follow the directions in the email I'm not linked to anything significant.
Here's a recap of some of the stuff that has been said on this thread for those who don't wanna comb through the last four or five pages:
- Some acceptance calls went out Friday. All of those who received calls also seem to have received an email.
- As of Friday, no one has received an email if they did not receive a call.
- In past years, accepted students have received an email on Monday without receiving a call.
- Not all calls went out Friday, and more calls will go out Monday.
- Calls are made in a random order.
- All decisions will be released via email by the end of tomorrow (Monday), wait list, acceptance, or rejection
I believe this person got an email but no call. I remember a second person earlier, as well.
I got a call but no email yet.
Here’s a link to the schedule for second look weekend:
Second-look Weekend | Duke School of Medicine
Here’s a link to the schedule for second look weekend:
Second-look Weekend | Duke School of Medicine
I got a call but no email yet.
Here’s a link to the schedule for second look weekend:
Second-look Weekend | Duke School of Medicine
That looks like it's specific to MTSP
v nervous for tomorrow
comforting to know that tomorrow I will be able to accept the decision, w/e it may be, and move forward
comforting to know that tomorrow I will be able to accept the decision, w/e it may be, and move forward
Thoroughly agree.
On a similar note, For a school that seemed very receptive to feedback, I'm surprised they haven't realized how stressful the weekend of indecision is for its applicants.
If an accepted student could bring this up, I think it would go a long way for future classes' sanity. Knowing is better, and spreading out the calls over a weekend benefits nobody.
That looks like it's specific to MTSP
I think only the Thursday activities are specific to MSTP, and the activities listed for Friday-Sunday are for everyone.
Same!Just received the official acceptance email!
That looks like it's specific to MTSP
Yeah, this is correct! Friday through Sunday is the schedule for everyone. Guaranteed to be a good time.I think only the Thursday activities are specific to MSTP, and the activities listed for Friday-Sunday are for everyone.
Same!
Did you get a call Friday?
I'll talk with admissions about this and see what they say, as I know this was a problem last year, too! My guess is that they enjoy the personal touch of calling, but it's tough to standardize calling, especially when you have physicians w/ varying schedules.Thoroughly agree.
On a similar note, For a school that seemed very receptive to feedback, I'm surprised they haven't realized how stressful the weekend of indecision is for its applicants.
If an accepted student could bring this up, I think it would go a long way for future classes' sanity. Knowing is better, and spreading out the calls over a weekend benefits nobody.
Anyone know if emails are sent out in waves too? No email yet 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are talking about the schedule for the second look.Does that mean acceptances are definitely over If Fri-Sun is the timeline?
Yes, I received a call Friday evening. Applied and accepted to PCLT.Did you get a call Friday?
When did they update your Duke account with the financial aid offer?Can offer some insight here. Didn't get a call, got an acceptance email on Monday, got a call offering me a merit-based scholarship probably about a week later? Definitely was not with my admissions decision though. Hang in there, everyone.
Is it too much to even ask for a rejection email...jesus.
I called admissions and was told that all acceptance emails went out this morning and that waitlist/rejection emails can be expected this afternoon through tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
It was fun while it lasted. Wish they would have given all the emails out at once though, waiting over this period of time is torture.
How’s waitlist movement at Duke?
It was fun while it lasted. Wish they would have given all the emails out at once though, waiting over this period of time is torture.
How’s waitlist movement at Duke?
I don't think they took anyone from the WL for the past 2 years. Oh well... the thought of attending here was nice when it lasted.
I'm super bummed, but also pretty angry at how they handled this. I know adcoms read these pages. Duke I implore you to review your practices regarding releasing decisions. Telling applicants to expect decisions on February 22/23 then drawing it out for 5-6 days is disrespectful and causes undue stress. Do whatever you need to do to fix this, whether it means paying your people overtime to sit down and send emails, updating your computer system, or getting med students pizza and having them make a bunch of calls all at once. Please look into this. Hopefully theres some waitlist movement this year, congrats to everyone accepted.
I'm super bummed, but also pretty angry at how they handled this. I know adcoms read these pages. Duke I implore you to review your practices regarding releasing decisions. Telling applicants to expect decisions on February 22/23 then drawing it out for 5-6 days is disrespectful and causes undue stress. Do whatever you need to do to fix this, whether it means paying your people overtime to sit down and send emails, updating your computer system, or getting med students pizza and having them make a bunch of calls all at once. Please look into this. Hopefully theres some waitlist movement this year, congrats to everyone accepted.
It does make me feel a little better about not getting in because I’m frustrated instead of just sad LOL
But in all seriousness, I agree
Yeah I would fly in on Thursday! You'll be emailed more info about Second Look shortly. I should also add that you shouldn't feel bad if you're not able to attend. I wasn't able to make it last year.Should I plan to fly in on Thursday? I want to get tickets soon since they will just get more expensive.
There was very very limited waitlist movement last year.I don't think they took anyone from the WL for the past 2 years. Oh well... the thought of attending here was nice when it lasted.
Last edited:
I'm super bummed, but also pretty angry at how they handled this. I know adcoms read these pages. Duke I implore you to review your practices regarding releasing decisions. Telling applicants to expect decisions on February 22/23 then drawing it out for 5-6 days is disrespectful and causes undue stress. Do whatever you need to do to fix this, whether it means paying your people overtime to sit down and send emails, updating your computer system, or getting med students pizza and having them make a bunch of calls all at once. Please look into this. Hopefully theres some waitlist movement this year, congrats to everyone accepted.
While I agree with this on all accounts, at least it wasn’t as bad as the week-long Miracle Whipping, courtesy of Mayo.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone accepted! Does anyone have any insight on how we should proceed for financial aid? Will there be more emails to come with additional instructions? Or should we follow what was in our interview folders? Like they require a CSS profile to be completed--should I be doing that ASAP?
Congratulations to everyone accepted! Does anyone have any insight on how we should proceed for financial aid? Will there be more emails to come with additional instructions? Or should we follow what was in our interview folders? Like they require a CSS profile to be completed--should I be doing that ASAP?
This PowerPoint on their website goes through the process and says it's specific to 2018-19:
https://medschool.duke.edu/sites/me...attachments/med_fa_presentation_2018-2019.pdf
Still no rejection email...anyone else?
+1Still no rejection email...anyone else?
Nope, but I got two calls from telemarketers within the past hour that both made me want to throw my phone through the window.Still no rejection email...anyone else?
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
