You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haven't heard back and completed around 8/4! Does that mean I'm likely in the maybe pile or is there a chance that theres an issue with my app thats causing a delay??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 getting anxious over here!!! Complete 8/1Haven't heard back and completed around 8/4! Does that mean I'm likely in the maybe pile or is there a chance that theres an issue with my app thats causing a delay??
Does anyone know when they start pulling people off the waitlist?
I think I remember them saying that most movement takes place April to May. I’m cringing at the thought of waiting another 6 months to hear back.
I think I remember them saying that most movement takes place April to May. I’m cringing at the thought of waiting another 6 months to hear back.
Complete 8/13..silence
ugh i know i can relateDoes anyone know when they start pulling people off the waitlist?
I think I remember them saying that most movement takes place April to May. I’m cringing at the thought of waiting another 6 months to hear back.
no guarantees but previous threads have shown a little movement after march
i think that overall though the most movement occurs after april 30 because people can no longer get their deposits refunded
also varies year to year tho i feel so fingers crossed
Complete 8/10, also silence
Been ghosting the forums for a while so I thought I'd join
Been ghosting the forums for a while so I thought I'd join

How would they reject those stats though? 🙁 makes no senseRejected today. Complete 08/04, 518 MCAT, 3.98 GPA
How would they reject those stats though? 🙁 makes no sense
GPA and MCAT are but two of many factors that are considered.
Not sure, maybe I didn't have enough volunteering for them? I had some but not a huge amount. I'm already accepted at Maryland so not too worried at this pointHow would they reject those stats though? 🙁 makes no sense
I live 30 mins away from this school and haven’t heard back, complete late Julyish.
Withdrew post-II after realizing I can't swing two flights out to California. 🙁 Best of luck to everyone!
Not sure, maybe I didn't have enough volunteering for them? I had some but not a huge amount. I'm already accepted at Maryland so not too worried at this point
are they really huge on volunteering?
are they really huge on volunteering?
I'd say it's important for them, given that it's a Jesuit school and the Jesuits are huuuuuge on service (I went to a Jesuit high school). However, someone once told that while a school may turn someone down for not having enough service, they will definitely turn you down if you have absolutely NO service, so as long as you have some I wouldn't count yourself out based on that. I didn't have a ton of service experiences, but I had an international service experience that was pretty lengthy and a lot of hours.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd say it's important for them, given that it's a Jesuit school and the Jesuits are huuuuuge on service (I went to a Jesuit high school). However, someone once told that while a school may turn someone down for not having enough service, they will definitely turn you down if you have absolutely NO service, so as long as you have some I wouldn't count yourself out based on that. I didn't have a ton of service experiences, but I had an international service experience that was pretty lengthy and a lot of hours.
I have a ton of volunteer service but the fact that it is a Jesuit school is kind of a turn off for me.
I have a ton of volunteer service but the fact that it is a Jesuit school is kind of a turn off for me.
Oh really? Why's that? I went to a Jesuit high school and a Catholic university under a different order, and I am neither Christian/Catholic nor very religious (if that's your concern). I never felt uncomfortable, unwelcome, etc.
Oh really? Why's that? I went to a Jesuit high school and a Catholic university under a different order, and I am neither Christian/Catholic nor very religious (if that's your concern). I never felt uncomfortable, unwelcome, etc.
I have very secular views and believe that religion should be as far away from our educational institutions as possible.
Regardless, I love the area and the school and would set these differences aside if given the opportunity.
Hi, when did you interview at Maryland? And, Congrats on your acceptance!Not sure, maybe I didn't have enough volunteering for them? I had some but not a huge amount. I'm already accepted at Maryland so not too worried at this point
I have very secular views and believe that religion should be as far away from our educational institutions as possible.
Regardless, I love the area and the school and would set these differences aside if given the opportunity.
FWIW, I've interviewed at both Loyola and Georgetown, and I haven't felt anything particularly religious at either campus.
Waitlisted yesterday here. From the threads of the last two years, there is no movement off the waitlist until March, with most of it in May. It's going to be a looooooong ride.
09/27, and thanks!Hi, when did you interview at Maryland? And, Congrats on your acceptance!
+1Been complete since 7/25. After seeing all these rejections, I'm waiting for mine like COME AND GET ME GEORGETOWN
Waitlisted yesterday here. From the threads of the last two years, there is no movement off the waitlist until March, with most of it in May. It's going to be a looooooong ride.
Interview date??
Rejected
sorry about the rejection. When were you complete?Rejected
Early augustsorry about the rejection. When were you complete?
9/11Interview date??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting... It has been "under review" since 7/20
Still waiting... It has been "under review" since 7/20
Been complete since 7/25. Based on the two previous year threads, our time is coming soon.
Rejected today. Complete 7/14
Uh oh. Do you think silence so far is good for us or they just have not gotten to our files yet?Been complete since 7/25. Based on the two previous year threads, our time is coming soon.
Application status is currently marked "Under review". Is this a step beyond complete?
I don't think so. Mine has always just said that (submitted and complete same day, 10/11)
Rejected pre-interview
Rejected pre-II. Completed 8/25
Rejected pre-II, MCAT 521, cGPA 3.98, sGPA 4.0. Eek...
Oh my! When were you complete?
8/17 - oh well, so it goes...Oh my! When were you complete?
I'm confused. Been complete most of my places since mid-July but still have yet to receive news from almost all of them-G'town included. I've seen many places I've applied to send both II's and rejections to applicants who have applied later than me.
Is this a good sign, bad sign, or somewhere in between?
517 MCAT/3.91 GPA.
Is this a good sign, bad sign, or somewhere in between?
517 MCAT/3.91 GPA.
Got hit with the guillotine this morning! Complete 7/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What day was your interview?Waitlisted and really thinking about withdrawing
9/27What day was your interview?
.
Last edited:
Uh oh. Do you think silence so far is good for us or they just have not gotten to our files yet?
Hard to say. It's either II or reject with them so I'd like to think there's still some hope if we've survived this long. But they probably just haven't gotten to us yet.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K