2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected

Members don't see this ad.

The blood flows from the halls of Georgetown, as applicant after applicant is culled. When will the bloodshed end? :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another fallen soldier. Lost the Georgetown battle but will win the admissions war :)

LizzyM: 70 OOS ORM Complete: Late August

Rejected today. Thought I hit all of their "competitive" standards, but oh well. Good luck to all!

Did you guys receive an email or did you have to check the status? I completed mine 7/21 and still under review...

Rejected today. Complete July 20th. Pretty bummed since I live in DC and have ties to the school/hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man this bloodbath makes me not want to finish this secondary.... :bang:

Reactions: 1 users
did anybody rsvp for the optional class thing? i cant remember if i rsvp'd and i dont have any emails indicating i was asked.

Has the bloodbath of rejections ended temporarily? Only asking because it seemed to have ended right before my completion date (early August)

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man this bloodbath makes me not want to finish this secondary.... :bang:

And finally submitted this secondary. Honestly I don't see the point, but the only thing for certain is I will definitely not get in if I don't apply.

Reactions: 6 users
Has the bloodbath of rejections ended temporarily? Only asking because it seemed to have ended right before my completion date (early August)
I’ve seen ppl from early August get rejected on here. Think you can safely say you made it through a couple of rounds.

Rejected a couple weeks ago! Now seeing I was one casualty of many. Lol. Best of luck to everyone else

II today via email. OOS, re-applicant. Lizzy M 68. I'll be at the November 8th interview date. Good luck everyone keep your heads up!

Reactions: 7 users
II today! LizzyM 70, OOS, complete 7/9. I will be at the October 19th interview (quick turnaround)!

Reactions: 8 users
It appears the bloodbath is over, and the adcom gods are now rewarding the congregation with IIs. Stoked to have a reason to visit DC tho.

I was recently offered an interview invite from George Washington. Nevertheless, Georgetown is one of my top choices given its unique tracks and commitment to service. Is it worth sending an "In the Area" email to Georgetown letting them know that I will be in DC (I'm from the West Coast) within the timeframe of my GW interview. Or are these "In the Area" emails typically perceived badly..? Any input would be appreciated!

II today via email. OOS, re-applicant. Lizzy M 68. I'll be at the November 8th interview date. Good luck everyone keep your heads up!
were u a reapplicant to georgetown? I've been sitting on there secondary for a while but don't know if ill send it in because im a reapplicant.

Thanks!

I was recently offered an interview invite from George Washington. Nevertheless, Georgetown is one of my top choices given its unique tracks and commitment to service. Is it worth sending an "In the Area" email to Georgetown letting them know that I will be in DC (I'm from the West Coast) within the timeframe of my GW interview. Or are these "In the Area" emails typically perceived badly..? Any input would be appreciated!

Call the admissions office and find out! I am in a similar situation with NYC schools, so I am sending them to any that are open to them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Call the admissions office and find out! I am in a similar situation with NYC schools, so I am sending them to any that are open to them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So just first call admissions office and ask if they are receptive to "In the Area" notices? Would it jeopardize my chances if I mention that I have an interview at another school in DC and would love to save the travel costs? Or does bringing up my GW interview show a lack of sincerity to Georgetown?

were u a reapplicant to georgetown? I've been sitting on there secondary for a while but don't know if ill send it in because im a reapplicant.

Thanks!

Re-applicant here who got II. I would submit it!

So just first call admissions office and ask if they are receptive to "In the Area" notices? Would it jeopardize my chances if I mention that I have an interview at another school in DC and would love to save the travel costs? Or does bringing up my GW interview show a lack of sincerity to Georgetown?

Na haha they won’t penalize you for applying to multiple schools. I wouldn’t say specifically what school, but saying you’re traveling for an interview would be fine. If you’re unsure you could just leave out the fact that you’re traveling for interviews, but I really don’t think it matters.

Interviewed mid-sept should I expect to hear back soon?

II a few days ago! Complete at the end of July

Reactions: 4 users
I think last year they heard around end of October!! But isn't stopping me from refreshing my email every 15 seconds lol
On last year's thread they heard Monday Oct 17th!

Reactions: 1 users
I think that might've been for people interviewed in the end of august!! So mid September heard a couple weeks later but hopefully we hear back soon :)
I interviewed in August so I'm at the edge of my chair right now haha

I submitted my secondary 9/8 and still haven't heard back at all...is this a good or bad thing???

For those of you who interviewed early on, I checked with them and they said it really does take a full 8-10 weeks to get back to us, so don't be flustered because you might not hear until the end of October- early November!

Silence from almost all schools from 7/27-8/15. GT on 8/3 and nada.

Looking at my emails, all I see is "Lyft™ $500 Bonus." Maybe I will have a great career with Lyft, hear nothing from Georgetown.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Call from the dean earlier, this is insane....

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today, 10/17 on 10:18 AM Eastern time. I've never been so grateful in my life. I fell in love with the campus the minute I stepped foot on it, and it seems like a dream come true. Admissions is not about metrics, and I can testify to that firsthand. It is about finding a mutual fit between you and the School of Medicine you will eventually enroll in. "Hoya Saxa!"

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Just now waitlisted. Looks like they are sending out decisions. Interviewed late August.