You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected. Complete 7/30. Noooooooooo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today. Thought I hit all of their "competitive" standards, but oh well. Good luck to all!
If you don't mind sharing, when were you complete?Rejected today. Thought I hit all of their "competitive" standards, but oh well. Good luck to all!
7/10
Did you guys receive an email or did you have to check the status? I completed mine 7/21 and still under review...
same ahhhRejected today. Thought I hit all of their "competitive" standards, but oh well. Good luck to all!
Not gonna lie. Everytime I see a "rejected" post, I check my phone to see if my status has changed.same ahhh
so much bloodshed from georgetown 
Rejected. Complete 8/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has the bloodbath of rejections ended temporarily? Only asking because it seemed to have ended right before my completion date (early August)
ditto. Any movement from anyone else since the bloodbath?Has the bloodbath of rejections ended temporarily? Only asking because it seemed to have ended right before my completion date (early August)
Oh man this bloodbath makes me not want to finish this secondary....![]()
And finally submitted this secondary. Honestly I don't see the point, but the only thing for certain is I will definitely not get in if I don't apply.
I’ve seen ppl from early August get rejected on here. Think you can safely say you made it through a couple of rounds.Has the bloodbath of rejections ended temporarily? Only asking because it seemed to have ended right before my completion date (early August)
I’ve seen ppl from early August get rejected on here. Think you can safely say you made it through a couple of rounds.
I appreciate your positivity! Hope you are right 🙂
Rejected a couple weeks ago! Now seeing I was one casualty of many. Lol. Best of luck to everyone else
II today via email. OOS, re-applicant. Lizzy M 68. I'll be at the November 8th interview date. Good luck everyone keep your heads up!
II today via email. OOS, re-applicant. Lizzy M 68. I'll be at the November 8th interview date. Good luck everyone keep your heads up!
Congrats! Complete date?
I was recently offered an interview invite from George Washington. Nevertheless, Georgetown is one of my top choices given its unique tracks and commitment to service. Is it worth sending an "In the Area" email to Georgetown letting them know that I will be in DC (I'm from the West Coast) within the timeframe of my GW interview. Or are these "In the Area" emails typically perceived badly..? Any input would be appreciated!
were u a reapplicant to georgetown? I've been sitting on there secondary for a while but don't know if ill send it in because im a reapplicant.II today via email. OOS, re-applicant. Lizzy M 68. I'll be at the November 8th interview date. Good luck everyone keep your heads up!
Thanks!
I was recently offered an interview invite from George Washington. Nevertheless, Georgetown is one of my top choices given its unique tracks and commitment to service. Is it worth sending an "In the Area" email to Georgetown letting them know that I will be in DC (I'm from the West Coast) within the timeframe of my GW interview. Or are these "In the Area" emails typically perceived badly..? Any input would be appreciated!
Call the admissions office and find out! I am in a similar situation with NYC schools, so I am sending them to any that are open to them.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Call the admissions office and find out! I am in a similar situation with NYC schools, so I am sending them to any that are open to them.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So just first call admissions office and ask if they are receptive to "In the Area" notices? Would it jeopardize my chances if I mention that I have an interview at another school in DC and would love to save the travel costs? Or does bringing up my GW interview show a lack of sincerity to Georgetown?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
were u a reapplicant to georgetown? I've been sitting on there secondary for a while but don't know if ill send it in because im a reapplicant.
Thanks!
Re-applicant here who got II. I would submit it!
So just first call admissions office and ask if they are receptive to "In the Area" notices? Would it jeopardize my chances if I mention that I have an interview at another school in DC and would love to save the travel costs? Or does bringing up my GW interview show a lack of sincerity to Georgetown?
Na haha they won’t penalize you for applying to multiple schools. I wouldn’t say specifically what school, but saying you’re traveling for an interview would be fine. If you’re unsure you could just leave out the fact that you’re traveling for interviews, but I really don’t think it matters.
II a few days ago! Complete at the end of July
I think last year they heard around end of October!! But isn't stopping me from refreshing my email every 15 seconds lolInterviewed mid-sept should I expect to hear back soon?
On last year's thread they heard Monday Oct 17th!I think last year they heard around end of October!! But isn't stopping me from refreshing my email every 15 seconds lol
I think that might've been for people interviewed in the end of august!! So mid September heard a couple weeks later but hopefully we hear back soon 🙂On last year's thread they heard Monday Oct 17th!
I interviewed in August so I'm at the edge of my chair right now hahaI think that might've been for people interviewed in the end of august!! So mid September heard a couple weeks later but hopefully we hear back soon 🙂
Same, same! Good luck 🙂I interviewed in August so I'm at the edge of my chair right now haha
Has anyone heard back yet? I’m so nervous hahahaSame, same! Good luck 🙂
I submitted my secondary 9/8 and still haven't heard back at all...is this a good or bad thing???
I haven't heard anything since I submitted on 8/15 but I'm not holding my breath
For me, since 7/30 silence.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Call from the dean earlier, this is insane....
Congrats!!! When did you interview?Accepted! Call from the dean earlier, this is insane....
08/31Congrats!!! When did you interview?
Accepted today, 10/17 on 10:18 AM Eastern time. I've never been so grateful in my life. I fell in love with the campus the minute I stepped foot on it, and it seems like a dream come true. Admissions is not about metrics, and I can testify to that firsthand. It is about finding a mutual fit between you and the School of Medicine you will eventually enroll in. "Hoya Saxa!"
Last edited:
Just now waitlisted. Looks like they are sending out decisions. Interviewed late August.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
