-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Georgetown University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey! I have two interview questions:
1. What time did the interview day end?
2. Is there any point in carrying a resume with me for the interview day?
1. What time did the interview day end?
2. Is there any point in carrying a resume with me for the interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
21 II's?!?!? holy ****They changed it and now it ends at 3:30. They cut off part of the agenda.
Thanks!The interview day ended slightly before 4:30, and no, do not bring your resume.
They changed it and now it ends at 3:30. They cut off part of the agenda.
Oh really? Just curious, do you know which part was removed?
You guys that heard back today all interviewed in August?
Also curious to have this answered. Early September interviewee nervously waiting lol
I don't! The admissions coordinator just said, "Disregard what we said about ending later, that's nuts. We just removed part of the program so that the end time is kept at 3:30." I think they may have just moved things around. There's two interview groups and if you interview last, they have your "wrap up" during the time that you're hanging out and waiting, that way you can leave right after your interview and not have to do the wrap-up after.Oh really? Just curious, do you know which part was removed?
I don't! The admissions coordinator just said, "Disregard what we said about ending later, that's nuts. We just removed part of the program so that the end time is kept at 3:30." I think they may have just moved things around. There's two interview groups and if you interview last, they have your "wrap up" during the time that you're hanging out and waiting, that way you can leave right after your interview and not have to do the wrap-up after.
Ohhh okay, that makes sense. Yeah, there was a lot of down time in that part. I wish they had filled it with a second interview!
Also curious to have this answered. Early September interviewee nervously waiting lol
I was waitlisted. Interviewed 9/7.
I was waitlisted. Interviewed 9/7.
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the update! Also (to boost your spirit), Georgetown’s WL historically moves a lot compared to most schools so there’s always hope!
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the update! Also (to boost your spirit), Georgetown’s WL historically moves a lot compared to most schools so there’s always hope!
Thank you 🙂. It wasn't too much of a surprise since they basically told us that 9/10 people get waitlisted after the interview.
wait.. why? that doesn't sound fair at all.Thank you 🙂. It wasn't too much of a surprise since they basically told us that 9/10 people get waitlisted after the interview.
That number isn't accurate. According to what they told us, they review in batches of 80. 20 are accepted, 40 are waitlisted, and 20 are rejected. So, they waitlist 50% of people after the interview.
We must have been told different things
. At the end of the day when we had that pep talk, she looked around the room at the 12 of us and said, "Most of you are going to be waitlisted. 2 of you will be accepted and the rest will be waitlisted." So based on that, I should have said 8/10, lol. Your numbers seem more likely though. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is this mrs sullivan? haha. she told us that 1 of us will end up attending (out of 10), but didnt mention the waitlist statisticsWe must have been told different things. At the end of the day when we had that pep talk, she looked around the room at the 12 of us and said, "Most of you are going to be waitlisted. 2 of you will be accepted and the rest will be waitlisted." So based on that, I should have said 8/10, lol. Your numbers seem more likely though.
did anyone who interviewed mid september hear back yet?
And good ole Gtown coming in clutch with my first post II rejection.
Last edited:
is this mrs sullivan? haha. she told us that 1 of us will end up attending (out of 10), but didnt mention the waitlist statistics
Haha, yes! So yeah, maybe that's why I thought 9/10 initially.
Sept 7You guys that heard back today all interviewed in August?
Sept 7
Hey, same! Sending you a PM, haha.
did anyone who interviewed mid september hear back yet?
Last year the mid-Sept interviewees received their decision two weeks later. If trends continue we should hear back on 10/30.
Haha she said the same thing to us (about attending). Their post interview acceptance rate is like 30-40%, right? So it kinda makes sense that they’d accept more than 1 person per group.Haha, yes! So yeah, maybe that's why I thought 9/10 initially.
I think they review post interview in batches of 80, but they told me that there are no quotas (they could accept as many or reject as many as they want). Not sure this is accurate either.
did anyone who interviewed mid september hear back yet?
I interviewed in mid September, anxiously waiting to hear back! I sort of wasn't expecting to hear from them until maybe early November since they said their decision may take 8-10 weeks but it looks like people are hearing back on the shorter end of that if not a bit sooner. Fingers crossed

Just checking in here. Haven't heard from GT since completing ~8/3. Wondering if I still stand a chance! (3.84sgpa/3.82cgpa/511)
Just checking in here. Haven't heard from GT since completing ~8/3. Wondering if I still stand a chance! (3.84sgpa/3.82cgpa/511)
I legit have the same stats and complete 8/1 with no word since.
I legit have the same stats and complete 8/1 with no word since.
Best of luck to us both!
Complete since 7/14 and nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted 9/19
rejected today. complete 7/26. LM 72 (with a retake)
rejected complete 7/26
as an update to my previous post an hour ago (lol) Rejected 🙁 complete 7/14
Waitlisted. Interviewed about 1 month ago.
Also waitlisted with a mid-Sept interview
Is everyone hearing back via email? Also, has anyone that interviewed mid-September been accepted thus far?
Yes email
Rejected. LM 66. OOS. Complete 7/14. 🙁
Rejected, was complete 8/17 & LM 74
Rejected Lizzy M 67-69 complete 7/27
oh god, i was completed 8/16.. awaiting imminent rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected LizzyM ~76 complete late July.
This one stings a bit since I have some ties to the DC metro area and I felt like my application was centered around my community service experiences, which I thought was what they looked for.
Enough about my disappointment - Best of luck to those still remaining in the cycle!
This one stings a bit since I have some ties to the DC metro area and I felt like my application was centered around my community service experiences, which I thought was what they looked for.
Enough about my disappointment - Best of luck to those still remaining in the cycle!
Sorry to hear about the rejections!
Please fill out the rejection survey and share these links in other threads:
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: 2017-2018 Rejection Survey Data
Please fill out the rejection survey and share these links in other threads:
Link to survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey
Link to results: 2017-2018 Rejection Survey Data
Been complete since 7/25. After seeing all these rejections, I'm waiting for mine like COME AND GET ME GEORGETOWN
Last edited:
Anybody from the 9/28 crew hear anything yet? I know they said it would be a while, but I can't help refreshing my portal.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K