2017-2018 Howard University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think its just cGPA because I had below 3.0 science GPA and got an II. I'm in a master's program now though so I'm not sure how those new grades get factored in
Oh okay yeah I couldn’t remember exactly what they said I know at least one of them had to be at least 3.0.
 
Soooo by my research, the most recent II that went out was on Jan 29th for Feb 6/7/14. They HAVE to send out more IIs soon for the end of Feb/March 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone updated them more than once? I already updated them about 1.5 months ago but just had a paper accepted and some new stuff come up
 
I think its just cGPA because I had below 3.0 science GPA and got an II. I'm in a master's program now though so I'm not sure how those new grades get factored in
Ahh I see. Im planning to apply this upcoming cycle and my sGPA is a little under that :asshat:.. so I'm hoping to balance that with a strong MCAT.
 
Just got a II!! I am super excited and super nervous. Any advice? What is the format like? Are the interviews intense?
omg congrats!! you're the first person in almost a month lol, mind sharing stats and what days were offered for your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*stares longingly at Howard*

ttA8vWf.gif
 
Has anyone actually sent an in the area (ITA) email to Howard and they actually got a response? interview? acceptance?
I sent one and got a response via email about a month later. They said they added it to my file but they also said interviews are by invitation only. I ended up getting an interview invitation a couple weeks later for dates that I wouldn't be in DC, but I'm not sure if that was related to my ITA email.
 
They mentioned during my interview that they'll be spending time interviewing potential BS/MD applicants (Howard students who undergo 2 years of undergraduate before transferring to the medical school). That might account for why it's taking so long for people to receive interviews.
 
Has anyone that interviewed on 1/23 heard back yet? Also, is receiving a letter through mail a sure shot that you have been accepted?
 
Has anyone that interviewed on 1/23 heard back yet? Also, is receiving a letter through mail a sure shot that you have been accepted?
I interviewed 1/10 and still haven't heard back 🙁 did you get a letter in the mail?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that interviewed on 1/23 heard back yet? Also, is receiving a letter through mail a sure shot that you have been accepted?
I interviewed the 23rd and am still awaiting a response. I also got a background check e-mail today, but I thought it was for a different school, since I was waitlisted elsewhere
 
Has anyone tried to call the admissions office today and gotten through? I've been calling non-stop for the past 45 min.
Anyone know an alternative number?
 
I sent one and got a response via email about a month later. They said they added it to my file but they also said interviews are by invitation only. I ended up getting an interview invitation a couple weeks later for dates that I wouldn't be in DC, but I'm not sure if that was related to my ITA email.
Thank you! I am going to go ahead and email them!
 
I interviewed the 23rd and am still awaiting a response. I also got a background check e-mail today, but I thought it was for a different school, since I was waitlisted elsewhere
I spoke with them eariler today, they said the letters just shipped out yesterday due to delays.
 
Yeah for sure, send it to the the dean, admissons director, and admissions email until someone answers.
I sent mine just to admissions and got an email back saying that they added it to my file. Worth also sending to dean? getting desperate haha
 
I sent mine just to admissions and got an email back saying that they added it to my file. Worth also sending to dean? getting desperate haha
if you already sent it and got confirmation that they added it I wouldn't send it again.. but if no one responds then it couldn't hurt to send it to more people until someone responds
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad