-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Howard University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Honestly, even if no one responds, they have probably seen your email. I sent them something and got no confirmation but they had it in my file on interview day.if you already sent it and got confirmation that they added it I wouldn't send it again.. but if no one responds then it couldn't hurt to send it to more people until someone responds
They’ll be interviewing until like mid-April so it’s not over yet!I submitted my secondary 9/5 and received the 'complete' email on 9/8. So I've been waiting patiently for almost 6
months to hear back from them 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They recently told you that?They’ll be interviewing until like mid-April so it’s not over yet!
YesThey recently told you that?
Accepted on Friday as well via email. Interviewed late January.
Best of luck to everyone else this cycle. Hang tight, you can do this!
Best of luck to everyone else this cycle. Hang tight, you can do this!
I just took a look at last year's application stats and Howard U had 8988 Applicants/ 301 Interviews/ 112 Matriculants. I didn't realize how many applicants that were applying here. This year is probably going to be around 10,000 applicants.
For those already accepted, any news on financial aid and/or award info?
I didn't get any financial aid/award info, and I'm pretty sure they said we won't receive that until after we commit to the schoolFor those already accepted, any news on financial aid and/or award info?
Lol Even a month after we pay the $400 deposit fee?I didn't get any financial aid/award info, and I'm pretty sure they said we won't receive that until after we commit to the school
I have an interview on March 28th! Does anyone know the chances of getting in after that? I'm not sure how many spots will still be available.
Congrats! when did you hear from Howard? When did you submit? Stats?I have an interview on March 28th! Does anyone know the chances of getting in after that? I'm not sure how many spots will still be available.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! I just found out I was one of the people who they sent an invite to earlier in the cycle but never got it 
Congrats! How did you realize that? LolII today! I just found out I was one of the people who they sent an invite to earlier in the cycle but never got it![]()
Someone called me and asked if I was still interested because I never responded to the emails they sent! I just about died and was resurrected to tell her yes I was still very interested lol she said it was probably because of the email address I was usingCongrats! How did you realize that? Lol
+1Accepted about a month ago but since then heard nothing else like date, cost, housing ect anyone know any info
Jeeeeze now thats a story.....! Now I will not only be refreshing my email, but making sure I am getting calls and answering every one of them!Someone called me and asked if I was still interested because I never responded to the emails they sent! I just about died and was resurrected to tell her yes I was still very interested lol she said it was probably because of the email address I was using
Congrats to the recently accepted folks! I'm just hoping for a late II at this point.
There's a really good chance! I don't remember the numbers they gave us in late January, but there were still a lot more slots they needed to fill. Maybe a little less than half.Congrats to the recently accepted folks! I'm just hoping for a late II at this point.
D
deleted649998
Did you have a communication status update on your portal for the invite you missed? That is literally my biggest fear right now lolII today! I just found out I was one of the people who they sent an invite to earlier in the cycle but never got it![]()
For those wondering... I interviewed recently and We were told that they extended acceptances beyond the class limit and waiting for people to respond to either reject or accept before they send additional II’s and acceptances.
No I still have not had any changes in the communication status tab. I don’t think they really update that portal after you submit your secondaryDid you have a communication status update on your portal for the invite you missed? That is literally my biggest fear right now lol
Did you have a communication status update on your portal for the invite you missed? That is literally my biggest fear right now lol
No I still have not had any changes in the communication status tab. I don’t think they really update that portal after you submit your secondary
they don't update it at all (at least for me), mine still says interview not scheduled yet and I was accepted last week
I’m interviewing on the last Tuesday in March (3/27). I’m not sure if it’s full though because it was my first choice out of the 3 they gave me and I got it so it’s possible there is still space that day (this is my own speculation though)Does anyone know if Tuesday spots are full for interviews in March? For people who recently got an II I’ve seen they were offered Wednesday spots, but Howard says they interview Tues/Weds. just trying to see if March is full already.
Okay wow, so they have already handed out more than 300 acceptances?For those wondering... I interviewed recently and We were told that they extended acceptances beyond the class limit and waiting for people to respond to either reject or accept before they send additional II’s and acceptances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was physical mailWas it physical mail or an email?
II today! I just found out I was one of the people who they sent an invite to earlier in the cycle but never got it![]()
My god this post has now made me very paranoid. What if this has happened to me, somebody else, or 20 other people... . Anybody think it's worth calling at this point to check? If so, any advice on what to say? Hahahaha oh my god!
For those wondering... I interviewed recently and We were told that they extended acceptances beyond the class limit and waiting for people to respond to either reject or accept before they send additional II’s and acceptances.
Alright that's calming because I kept staring their Admission Timetable at work.
If that’s the case, that’s not reassuring at all lmfaoOkay wow, so they have already handed out more than 300 acceptances?
I’m like do better Howard smh.Right?? I'm like well dang...
That doesn’t seem right... they normally only extend 250 acceptances out of 300 interviews so I’m assuming they mean they already handed out more than the class size limit which is ~120Okay wow, so they have already handed out more than 300 acceptances?
They accept 83% of students who interview? Is that normal?!That doesn’t seem right... they normally only extend 250 acceptances out of 300 interviews so I’m assuming they mean they already handed out more than the class size limit which is ~120
This also doesn’t seem right because like they’ve been silent for months. It’s like they accepted all these people and forgot they still had people to interview January-MarchThat doesn’t seem right... they normally only extend 250 acceptances out of 300 interviews so I’m assuming they mean they already handed out more than the class size limit which is ~120
I agree....l think last year they interviewed in April so that post doesn't seem to line up with previous cyclesThis also doesn’t seem right because like they’ve been silent for months. It’s like they accepted all these people and forgot they still had people to interview January-March
I’m just going to tell myself they’re disorganized lol.I agree....l think last year they interviewed in April so that post doesn't seem to line up with previous cycles
It sounds like the portal never gets updatedI’m just going to tell myself they’re disorganized lol.
Definitely not normal but the general thought is if they interview you, they want you ( Picking only 300 out of an application pool of over 5,000). I think around 230 are outright acceptances and they rest could be from waitlist.They accept 83% of students who interview? Is that normal?!
I’m just going to tell myself they’re disorganized lol.
Sadly, I've heard this before about HU and their adcoms.
As a current undergrad student at HU, I can confirm that HU is disorganized at times. I still love this place though.Sadly, I've heard this before about HU and their adcoms.
For those wondering... I interviewed recently and We were told that they extended acceptances beyond the class limit and waiting for people to respond to either reject or accept before they send additional II’s and acceptances.
Wow! I have a small shred of hope left for an II but this doesn't sound good.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew from my acceptance. Best of luck to the rest of y'all still waiting for an interview/acceptance!!
If I want to track my application, can I cal them? if yes, with whom should I talk? director, ... ?[/QUOTE
Try the number on at the bottom on the secondary email. If that doesn’t go through call the general medical school number (not admissions) and ask to be transferred, I’ve found that this works best.
What were your stats the first time around?I'm a reapplicant and it took a long time for me to get my secondary from Howard last time, but now it's been almost 2 months... But I see that other people are having the same problem so I'll try calling today! It's the last MD secondary I've been waiting on.
Just wondering, how has your process be going? my science gpa is around that as well, and im trying to decid eif i should apply this upcoming cycle.My sGPA is 2.94, does anyone know if I have a chance at Howard? Has anyone gotten an II or acceptance with anything lower than a sGPA of 3.0?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K