-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Howard University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The tentative start day for orientation is Wednesday, July 11th (the key word here is tentative). If the schedule is similar to previous years, this means that the white coat ceremony would be on Friday, July 20th.Anybody who got in know when the white coat ceremony is this year? Trying to plan life around a possible acceptance!
Thanks so much! Congrats on you acceptance!!! Do you happen to tentatively know when classes start!?The tentative start day for orientation is Wednesday, July 11th (the key word here is tentative). If the schedule is similar to previous years, this means that the white coat ceremony would be on Friday, July 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Wednesday, July 18th.Thanks so much! Congrats on you acceptance!!! Do you happen to tentatively know when classes start!?
D
deleted238468
Lol I'm pretty sure that's just the standard email they send. I got the same thing when I sent an update through e-mail. Also still hoping and waiting for an II.
Is it the email I have correct? [email protected]? Paranoid now that they never received my update since I didn't get that message.
its [email protected] you got the m and c mixed up. probably best to resend you emailIs it the email I have correct? [email protected]? Paranoid now that they never received my update since I didn't get that message.
Did any international students get an II at howard?
I am an International and waiting for that !
Interviewed early Feb, placed on "Strong Alternate Waitlist"..letter was stamped on March 1st. They also mentioned that students on this particular waitlist would hear back by May 7th (not sure how many different waitlists they have and). Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
Thanks! Do you mind sharing stats ?Interviewed early Feb, placed on "Strong Alternate Waitlist"..letter was stamped on March 1st. They also mentioned that students on this particular waitlist would hear back by May 7th (not sure how many different waitlists they have and if it will differ from others). Good luck to everyone!
Congrat!!! When do you complete your secondary?Interview invite! Good luck everyone
Edit: I'm an international student for those wondering
Congrats!! What dates were offered for your Interview?Interview invite! Good luck everyone
Edit: I'm an international student for those wondering
I completed it on oct 24Congrat!!! When do you complete your secondary?
Congrats! Stats?I completed it on oct 24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are definitely qualified 😀sgpa: 3.93 cgpa: 3.61 mcat: 511
So I updated them and this is the response I got... It feels like such a bitter rejection it hurts. Sorry I couldn't screen shot it on my computer
Hello,
Thank you for considering Howard University College of Medicine.
We have updated this information in your primary application.
Again, thank you for your interest. We wish you the best as you pursue your goal to study medicine.
April Hicks
Admissions Assistant
Howard University College of Medicine:
Office of Admissions
Gosh that is kinda harsh. They could have had a more neutral response. It’s like “thanks but no thanks good luck” sheesh
I sent in an update, got this response, and received a II a couple months later! So don’t put much thought into it.Gosh that is kinda harsh. They could have had a more neutral response. It’s like “thanks but no thanks good luck” sheesh
The tentative start day for orientation is Wednesday, July 11th (the key word here is tentative). If the schedule is similar to previous years, this means that the white coat ceremony would be on Friday, July 20th.
Just want to respond with what I heard from a staff member after my interview.
She said the tentative date is July 11th but the white coat would be July 17th and the start July 18th.
How correct that is would be anyone’s guess!
I was only offered one date, April 10th.Congrats!! What dates were offered for your Interview?
I got both! The email came on a Friday and the packet the next WednesdayFor everyone that already got accepted (Congrats!) did you guys get an email and a letter in the mail or did you just get the letter in the mail? Good luck to everyone applying!
I got both! The email came on a Friday and the packet the next Wednesday
Oh man, apparently they reviewed the February interviews last Thursday and I still haven’t gotten an email, so I’m slightly worried
Same! But I feel better knowing maybe no one else heard back yet!Oh man, apparently they reviewed the February interviews last Thursday and I still haven’t gotten an email, so I’m slightly worried
Congrats! when did you hear from Howard? When did you submit? Stats?
I heard from Howard on February 22nd, and I submitted my application in July! I have a 502 MCAT, 3.75 GPA, and 3.65 Science GPA. Over 1100 clinical hours, lots of research, a lot of leadership positions in undergrad!
For those of you who have interviewed/been accepted, would you be able to post the interview questions, or let us know how the interview goes? How we should prepare, etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah it waswas the interview blind?
why howard? why medicine? ethics quesitons related to cheating, and why should we pick you? some ask strengths and weaknesses, hobbies, etc.For those of you who have interviewed/been accepted, would you be able to post the interview questions, or let us know how the interview goes? How we should prepare, etc.
30 mins eachHow long are the interviews? 30 min? 1 hour?
minimum 25 minutes, but mine were at least 40 a piece.How long are the interviews? 30 min? 1 hour?
Anyone know if they will be sending out anymore IIs?
Anyone know if they will be sending out anymore IIs?
I think someone mentioned earlier that last year they extended II into April.
why howard? why medicine? ethics quesitons related to cheating, and why should we pick you? some ask strengths and weaknesses, hobbies, etc.
I went to the open house and some of the students that go there told us that they have blind interviews and that there are 2 interviews during the day?
This application season seems to be completely different from the previous years. It's hard to get accurate information from the authorities. I am anxiously waiting for my lucky day.I went to the open house and some of the students that go there told us that they have blind interviews and that there are 2 interviews during the day?
thats trueI went to the open house and some of the students that go there told us that they have blind interviews and that there are 2 interviews during the day?
How are the interviews separated, is it 2 back to back both with faculty?thats true
yeah it was back to backHow are the interviews separated, is it 2 back to back both with faculty?
One of the interviews is open and the other is closed file. I know this for sure because the interviewer opened my application right in front of me and asked questions. It was about 30 minutes each, both faculty. Neither was intense and both asked the expected interview questions (above) with some relevant follow upsHow long are the interviews? 30 min? 1 hour?
Hey everyone! I'm nearing my last full year at HOWARD!!! If you have any questions about Howard please let me know. Keep up the hope guys!!!
Got an II earlier this week!! Complete back in September.
Remaining interview dates:
3/27
3/28
4/3
Remaining interview dates:
3/27
3/28
4/3
Congrats on your II! do you mind sharing your stats? I’m a reapplication still patiently waiting and I completed back in August/SeptemberGot an II earlier this week!! Complete back in September.
Remaining interview dates:
3/27
3/28
4/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. They say theyll add it to your file. they get back to you pretty fastAnyone submitted an update letter? Are they receptive towards it?
Anybody interview Feb. 13 heard back yet?
Anybody interview Feb. 13 heard back yet?
I’m still waiting to hear back as well. I called them yesterday though and they told me it was spring break for the university which could be why it’s taking a while for the student post office to send the letters
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K