2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait listed . Does anyone know the rate they accept off of the wait list?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh maybe they're actually waiting at least 4 weeks this year haha. Idk if I can survive another 2 weeks of this!
i knowwwww, this is brutal! and for the last 2 years, everyone who interviewed in september heard back on the same dayyyyy. i keep refreshing my email

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone accepted! Interviewed on 9/19 at Joplin and I desperately want in! The waiting game is such a struggle for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from 9/23 hear anything back? And congrats to everyone who was accepted!

ACCEPTED TO KC!!! I'm beyond excited this was my top choice! Also interviewed 9/12.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone accepted today!!! :D interviewed 9/27 still no word

Accepted to KC. Can any student give their opinion on rotation sites? Is the KC one best? Is there any benefit to certain locations regarding residency prospects?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to KC. Can any student give their opinion on rotation sites? Is the KC one best? Is there any benefit to certain locations regarding residency prospects?
I think Joplin actually has the better sites. Residency prospect is about boards mostly so you want a school that will prepare you to do well. The KCU curriculum is almost notorious for this.

Does anyone who was interviewed feel up to ~hinting~ at questions they were asked?? I have an interview in two weeks and I am so panicked...
I think it really depends on the interviewer and how that interviewer is feeling when they interview you. Lots of people said it was conversational and they didn't ask the typical questions, whereas I only got the typical "why medicine, why do, why kcu, what would you do if you failed an exam" etc

Congrats to those accepted. Now, better start getting those Hep B shots!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y'all! Do any of you know how they pick what campus students will be placed if they put "no preference." I'm just wondering if there are different campus cultures or something that would lead admissions to place a student in one campus versus the other.

Interviewed Joplin 10/12, nice school, dystopian location

I got accepted to KC! Does anyone know if we choose our rotation sites days after we get the acceptance email like they do at AZCOM?
Furthermore, does anyone know the available rotation sites for the upcoming class?

I got accepted to KC! Does anyone know if we choose our rotation sites days after we get the acceptance email like they do at AZCOM?
Furthermore, does anyone know the available rotation sites for the upcoming class?
No you don't choose rotation sites until sometime second year and it's done based on what your student government decides. Whether it be a raffle or ranked. As for rotation sites they can change every year you won't know for sure until it's time to pick which sites have been added or dropped.

No you don't choose rotation sites until sometime second year and it's done based on what your student government decides. Whether it be a raffle or ranked. As for rotation sites they can change every year you won't know for sure until it's time to pick which sites have been added or dropped.

This is mostly accurate. Rotation locations and available slots for third year are announced in the fall of your second year. For example, sites and slot numbers will be announced to us in about 10 days. You than rank your locations and the school conducts a match. The student government gets involved with appeals for location preference based on certain criteria.

I could write a bunch more, but have a midterm in the morning. Feel free to reach out for the gory details that will absolutely change by the time you have to jump through those hoops.

This is mostly accurate. Rotation locations and available slots for third year are announced in the fall of your second year. For example, sites and slot numbers will be announced to us in about 10 days. You than rank your locations and the school conducts a match. The student government gets involved with appeals for location preference based on certain criteria.

I could write a bunch more, but have a midterm in the morning. Feel free to reach out for the gory details that will absolutely change by the time you have to jump through those hoops.

Do you feel confident that you will have a good clinical education, or is it more hit or miss?

Is there any one completed in September who already got II?
I am waiting so anxiously!

Was really hoping the September 28 interview group would hear back this week (s/p 2 weeks like during the past 2 years), but this is the first year they're actually coordinating between the two campuses I'm pretty sure. Last year interviews were only conducted at KC and students were placed at Joplin. Now they actually have 2 admissions "branches" that are coordinating this year. Buckling down for at least 2 more weeks lol.

Was really hoping the September 28 interview group would hear back this week (s/p 2 weeks like during the past 2 years), but this is the first year they're actually coordinating between the two campuses I'm pretty sure. Last year interviews were only conducted at KC and students were placed at Joplin. Now they actually have 2 admissions "branches" that are coordinating this year. Buckling down for at least 2 more weeks lol.
Hahah it may be a while, I was on Sept 19 and haven’t heard back yet

OMFG ACCEPTED!!!! ELATED!!!! KC CAMPUS!!!!

Interviewed 9/12 and chose to be open to "both campuses." But later I sent an email of intent for just the KC campus

Did you send an email to admissions after with your intent for KC?

I'm not understanding your question to be honest. I sent an email to admissions with my intent to KC.

I just didn't know you were able to do that is all! I am now leaning towards KC, but put down no preference. I'm interviewing at Joplin but didn't know if I should send them an email before hand or that I could even do that. Thanks for the info.

I just didn't know you were able to do that is all! I am now leaning towards KC, but put down no preference. I'm interviewing at Joplin but didn't know if I should send them an email before hand or that I could even do that. Thanks for the info.

Oh! Well, I would figure out why you are leaning toward KC. This would be a little trickier for you since you are interviewing at Joplin. I'll give you an example anyway though... I identify as LGBT, and I felt that I would fit in the city more. Hope that helps you. You would send this letter to admissions after your interview. Do some research online about the city of KC

I recall them saying it could take up to 6 weeks for the 9/28 interview group.

I recall them saying it could take up to 6 weeks for the 9/28 interview group.
Yeah I think they say 4-6 weeks for every interview group. Was just hoping this year would follow suit with years past where it was closer to 2 haha. Wishful thinking.

Yeah I think they say 4-6 weeks for every interview group. Was just hoping this year would follow suit with years past where it was closer to 2 haha. Wishful thinking.

Haha totally understand! Best of luck!

Has anyone tried to call admissions? I've been on the phone "at queue position one in the queue" for over an hour and 40 minutes. Do they just not accept phone calls? I know I called during business hours... It says to hold while they assist other callers, but I'm pretty sure this isn't happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile