2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to KC campus!! 9/19 interview at Joplin, LM 68. So excited, really fell in love with the school after interview day :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to KC campus!! 9/19 interview at Joplin, LM 68. So excited, really fell in love with the school after interview day :clap:
oh snap 9/18 and 9/19! there may be hope for the 9/23 crew to here by friday

I'm really hoping that the massive 9/23 Joplin group (that I was in) doesn't bog down the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOO WAY. I’m so happy! I got accepted to the Kansas City campus. Interviewed 9/19 @ Joplin. Chose “no preference” on my primary. I thought my interview went absolutely horribly.

I'm really hoping that the massive 9/23 Joplin group (that I was in) doesn't bog down the process.
ugh you're right I forgot about that. I thought my interview went incredibly well, best out of all of them, and I'm really hoping for good news

Reactions: 1 user
NOOOO WAY. I’m so happy! I got accepted to the Kansas City campus. Interviewed 9/19 @ Joplin. Chose “no preference” on my primary. I thought my interview went absolutely horribly.
What makes you say this?

What makes you say this?

My interviewer was definitely hard to read and he asked more thought-provoking questions compared to what the other students were asked. I was definitely waiting for a waitlist/rejection, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Members don't see this ad :)
My only options on the portal were 8am or 10am. I chose 10am, what about you?
Hey folks I got II today too! The email lied in my junk box and I almost missed it!
I will be interviewing at Joplin in November but good luck to you guys!

I've heard that it takes a lot to be straight-up rejected here.

Edit: If the acceptance gods are watching, I knocked on wood.

So, your assessment is that many post-interviewees, if not accepted, are being wait listed. I guess that could be a very large numbers then.

I am wondering how does it impact and/or play into those folks who have yet to be interviewed in Feb

So, your assessment is that many post-interviewees, if not accepted, are being wait listed. I guess that could be a very large numbers then.

I am wondering how does it impact and/or play into those folks who have yet to be interviewed in Feb
Keep in mind that this school has a relatively high post-interview acceptance rate. My interviewer told me that they don't interview for waitlist spots, but your chances of acceptance will be lower in February. That's not to say you don't still have a good a chance, but such is the nature of this type of admissions process.

Thanks so much! Yeah they said in their website to let them know 5 days in advance if you need accommodations, so I would hope they won't offer that if they intend to blacklist you if you ask for it.
Head of time shouldn't hurt you at all

4 weeks since 9/27 interview...:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone think that theres any way to try and move the interview up? The earliest I could get was Feb and i got the interview in september.

Does anyone think that theres any way to try and move the interview up? The earliest I could get was Feb and i got the interview in september.
That's hella wierd, I got mine in september and got a September interview

I know they probably need 4-6 weeks to process and decide on each candidate, but I hate being held on the ledge for this long.

The same thing happened to me, and I emailed them about 2 weeks ago. They haven’t wrote me back :(

The same thing happened to me, and I emailed them about 2 weeks ago. They haven’t wrote me back :(
Some have posted about having luck checking and rechecking the interview scheduling tab on their portal, as earlier dates will open up as applicants withdraw or decline their invitation.

Some have posted about having luck checking and rechecking the interview scheduling tab on their portal, as earlier dates will open up as applicants withdraw or decline their invitation.
yeah i tried to do that but it doesnt look like theres a way to even look on the portal?

Is it recommended to send in thank you letters to this school after the interview?

I'm not saying it helps at all, I'm just saying that the schools I sent a thank you note to last year I either got accepted right away or pulled from the wait list in the spring.

Correlation =/= Causation

It definitely won't hurt you. Unless you like... ya know... call them a big fat dummy head or something in your thank you. That might get you a red flag on your file.

I'm not saying it helps at all, I'm just saying that the schools I sent a thank you note to last year I either got accepted right away or pulled from the wait list in the spring.

It definitely won't hurt you. Unless you like... ya know... call them a big fat dummy head or something in your thank you. That might get you a red flag on your file.

You’re a big fat dummy head do I get in trouble for that?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Quick, does anyone know how to recall an email in Gmail?

You’re a big fat dummy head do I get in trouble for that?

ImageUploadedBySDN1509200335.167167.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
How close were you all to receiving an II or rejection to the 6 week mark? Nov. 1 will be 6 weeks, and I'm wondering if I should reach out to admissions if I do not hear from them by then.

How close were you all to receiving an II or rejection to the 6 week mark? Nov. 1 will be 6 weeks, and I'm wondering if I should reach out to admissions if I do not hear from them by then.
I got II like 5 weeks after complete

II today, scheduled interview for 11/14. Complete 10/6. Very excited!

I am going to withdraw my II. Hope one of you gets it :)

II today for 11/14! Completed on 10/25 so was surprised to hear back so fast. I am so excited!!!