-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Mercer University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So that makes 5 people that applied ED and haven't heard anything yet. I have two other friends that haven't heard, as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have they already made final decisions by the end of the committee meeting?
I got called by my second interviewer about 5 minutes ago so there is still a chance you could get called tonight.So that makes 5 people that applied ED and haven't heard anything yet. I have two other friends that haven't heard, as well.
Sweet, and one of my other friends got a call and he is accepted!
Still nothing Kyle?Nothing for me yet 🙁
Same. One other still hasn't heard that I personally know.
Good luck y'all. I really hope you all hear from them with good news! I know the wait SUCKS, I personally felt like throwing up. But just stay positive! I hope we all end up being classmates!
Me and another friend still haven't heard anything. Tried calling Mercer in Savannah and Macon. No one is answering.
Congrats! Do you know which campus you want to go to?Hey everyone still waiting!! It is still possible, I just got my call 20 minutes ago 🙂 I'm so excited and look forwarding to meet all of you! Just keep your hopes up, I know that was a restless night for me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you know which campus you want to go to?
I'm actually not 100% set on one yet! I interviewed in Macon, and I loved everything about it, but I'm a little closer to Savannah and will be touring there soon to make a final decision! How about you!?
I also interviewed in Macon and loved it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing the Savannah campus because I just like that area more. I'm also going to try to schedule a tour once my classes calm down some but I'm gonna go ahead and choose Savannah anywayI'm actually not 100% set on one yet! I interviewed in Macon, and I loved everything about it, but I'm a little closer to Savannah and will be touring there soon to make a final decision! How about you!?
Nope. Portal hasn't changed and no official acceptance email has been received on my endCongrats again everyone! And those still waiting, you got this!!
Have you guys been able to pay your deposit on the portal yet?
Got the official email thismorning, as well! I haven't been able to pay a deposit in portal and the status hasn't changed. I think they're still busy finalizing acceptances.
Congratulations!!!Got the official email thismorning, as well! I haven't been able to pay a deposit in portal and the status hasn't changed. I think they're still busy finalizing acceptances.
Congratulations, What is your mcat/gpa ?Got the official email thismorning, as well! I haven't been able to pay a deposit in portal and the status hasn't changed. I think they're still busy finalizing acceptances.
I just made one real quick, if there is another one out there already let me know and I'll delete this one.
If not, and you got accepted, you know what to do!
Actually, SDN won't let me post the link until I have 10 posts....
So, just search: Mercer University School of Medicine Class of 2022
If not, and you got accepted, you know what to do!
Actually, SDN won't let me post the link until I have 10 posts....
So, just search: Mercer University School of Medicine Class of 2022
Deferred to RD with 3.6 sGPA and 514 MCAT, lots of ECs, thought the interviews went great
So depressed.
Sorry to hear that, you have great stats, MCG should be a good fit, I am sure there is a spot for you somewhere!
And here is post number Link: www.facebook.com/groups/1503989589684181/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The committee meets the third Wednesday of every month. September's meeting was for early decision only so the first RD calls should be going out the night of October 18th or the morning of the 19th.For RD applicants, has anyone been accepted after an interview yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back after your interview?
Recently interviewed here and it was fairly laid back for me! I just wanted to warn that one person in my group experienced a very difficult interviewer who gave A LOT of push back on every answer she gave, and in turn her Interview was extremely difficult. So I’m just putting this out there so you can be prepared for a difficult interview regardless of how comfortable they try to make it seem. Best of luck!!
Based on the luck of my life, I feel like I will get that only difficult slot lol.Recently interviewed here and it was fairly laid back for me! I just wanted to warn that one person in my group experienced a very difficult interviewer who gave A LOT of push back on every answer she gave, and in turn her Interview was extremely difficult. So I’m just putting this out there so you can be prepared for a difficult interview regardless of how comfortable they try to make it seem. Best of luck!!
Lol I’m hoping not for your sake! Good luck!Based on the luck of my life, I feel like I will get that only difficult slot lol.
So, I just found out that medical students are required to stay on campus for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of medical school. What about medical students w/ families? Any Mercer Medical students out there who may know the answer to this?
Housing & Residence Life
Housing & Residence Life
That is incorrect. Especially because I'm Savannah you can't live on campus lol you can live where ever you wantSo, I just found out that medical students are required to stay on campus for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of medical school. What about medical students w/ families? Any Mercer Medical students out there who may know the answer to this?
Housing & Residence Life
Oh, ok that's good to hear. lol. I read on their website--> Mercer University Residency Requirement: All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students are required to live on campus.-->and was like what?!?!?!That is incorrect. Especially because I'm Savannah you can't live on campus lol you can live where ever you want
That's probably for undergradOh, ok that's good to hear. lol. I read on their website--> Mercer University Residency Requirement: All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students are required to live on campus.-->and was like what?!?!?!
Recently interviewed for RD. For those that are wondering, we were told committee will call for first round of RD acceptances on October 18th with emails going out October 19th. They meet every third Wednesday of each month to send out RD acceptances from here on out.
Good luck to everyone who has interviewed and might hear back tomorrow!!! I heard they make phone call acceptances after business hours. Trying to send positive vibes to everyone (including myself) lol.
Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and to tell those who are still waiting (or have just begun to wait) that this game can be a long process, and not to give up hope. I, for example, interviewed in November and then had almost 6 months of total radio silence before getting in. Be patient with both the School of Medicine and with yourself; the vast majority of interviewees that I see stroll in are excellent candidates, which is to say, if you are fortunate enough to interview JUST BE YOURSELF. Even through AMCAS, medical schools all over can smell a quality candidate vs. someone who is full of it, and I'm not talking numbers, but rather experiences and yes, the personal statement. The interview is only there to see if you can mesh well enough with the crowd and go with the flow. Not that I'm disregarding the interview in the least. By being granted an interview, people (MDs, PhDs, deans, faculty etc.) that have seen many pre-meds successfully become transplant surgeons or radiologists etc., have given you a nod and said, yeah this pre-med can do that too let's see what they are like in person, so be proud.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.
Wow that was really nice and thoughtful! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I kind of needed that right bout now 🙂Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and to tell those who are still waiting (or have just begun to wait) that this game can be a long process, and not to give up hope. I, for example, interviewed in November and then had almost 6 months of total radio silence before getting in. Be patient with both the School of Medicine and with yourself; the vast majority of interviewees that I see stroll in are excellent candidates, which is to say, if you are fortunate enough to interview JUST BE YOURSELF. Even through AMCAS, medical schools all over can smell a quality candidate vs. someone who is full of it, and I'm not talking numbers, but rather experiences and yes, the personal statement. The interview is only there to see if you can mesh well enough with the crowd and go with the flow. Not that I'm disregarding the interview in the least. By being granted an interview, people (MDs, PhDs, deans, faculty etc.) that have seen many pre-meds successfully become transplant surgeons or radiologists etc., have given you a nod and said, yeah this pre-med can do that too let's see what they are like in person, so be proud.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.
Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far, and to tell those who are still waiting (or have just begun to wait) that this game can be a long process, and not to give up hope. I, for example, interviewed in November and then had almost 6 months of total radio silence before getting in. Be patient with both the School of Medicine and with yourself; the vast majority of interviewees that I see stroll in are excellent candidates, which is to say, if you are fortunate enough to interview JUST BE YOURSELF. Even through AMCAS, medical schools all over can smell a quality candidate vs. someone who is full of it, and I'm not talking numbers, but rather experiences and yes, the personal statement. The interview is only there to see if you can mesh well enough with the crowd and go with the flow. Not that I'm disregarding the interview in the least. By being granted an interview, people (MDs, PhDs, deans, faculty etc.) that have seen many pre-meds successfully become transplant surgeons or radiologists etc., have given you a nod and said, yeah this pre-med can do that too let's see what they are like in person, so be proud.
Of course I am here to answer as many questions as I can for anyone who has them. Only a small tincture of time has passed since I was in your shoes, and I vividly remember the anxiety and uncertainty that the admissions "game" can evoke. Please do not hesitate to ask here or PM me. Good luck to you all. You will succeed.
Thank you! This definitely calms my nerves for my upcoming interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goodluck to everyone who might hear back today! I just wanted to remind everyone not to compare themselves to anyone else. After I met the people I was interviewing with and heard their crazy major(s), shadowing/work experience, etc. I immediately doubted myself and thought there was NO way I would get in. Well, I was wrong and got the call a few weeks ago. So, just believe in yourself and try not to stress! It'll all be ok in the end!
Nothing on this end I’m going nutsssssAnybody got at news today???
Got called 🙂
Got called 🙂
What time??? Congrats!!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K