2017-2018 Michigan State University (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey congrats, what were your stats? Canadian here as well.
LM 67.5, Research with publication, strong ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What I was told is to include anything that you didn't put in AACOMAS, aka things from before college (I added about 200 new hours of stuff from HS).

I re-entered everything. I am a re-applicant and last year's secondary specifically instructed to only put things that were additional to what was included in the AACOMAS application, but I didn't see that specifically noted this year.

OK now I am confused. Just got off the phone with the admissions office. They said to input all your clinical experiences from AACOMAS into your secondary

Can someone else call and confirm lol?

OK now I am confused. Just got off the phone with the admissions office. They said to input all your clinical experiences from AACOMAS into your secondary

I entered everything from AACOMAS into my secondary

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I would do what they tell you to do. The instructions on the secondary don't specifically say to only put additional things and the admissions office is saying to put everything so I would put everything. That's what I did and had my interview yesterday, so it certainly didn't hurt me.

Reactions: 1 user
I would do what they tell you to do. The instructions on the secondary don't specifically say to only put additional things and the admissions office is saying to put everything so I would put everything. That's what I did and had my interview yesterday, so it certainly didn't hurt me.

Meaning you got an interview invite or you interviewed already?

Any one else complete really early (I was complete 6/20) and my portal still says under review. Making me a little bit nervous and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Any one else complete really early (I was complete 6/20) and my portal still says under review. Making me a little bit nervous and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
+1

Same fam, but complete 7/5

Members don't see this ad :)
So I could be pretty dumb, but my portal only says that my application has been submitted. Where do you see where it's under review? Completed 6/24.

Last edited:
I also was complete on 7/3 and mine only says complete not under review.

everyone who has been interviewed thus far and is in state is in the omsp program. they do their interviews first every year because it is basically a direct med program and they give their deicisons by early august so dont freak out if your in-state and still waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
everyone who has been interviewed thus far and is in state is in the omsp program. they do their interviews first every year because it is basically a direct med program and they give their deicisons by early august so dont freak out if your in-state and still waiting.

Thanks for the information that makes me feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thanks a bunch

I'm not OMSP and there were a few people from other schools there this week as well. But I am a reapplicant, so they're familiar with my application.

What was the format of the interview? I know they do MMI but I'm not clear on if they do a traditional one as well. Also did you feel it was laid back?
Not sure I can comment on that, specifically, as we signed a confidentiality agreement, but the MMI part is only about an hour. The rest of it is a tour/information session kind of thing about MSUCOM. It is very laid back and all the interviewers are friendly and welcoming.

Not sure I can comment on that, specifically, as we signed a confidentiality agreement, but the MMI part is only about an hour. The rest of it is a tour/information session kind of thing about MSUCOM. It is very laid back and all the interviewers are friendly and welcoming.
When were you completed?

I finished my secondary 6/22 and still no word.

Has anyones status changes to under review? Mine still says complete only and I've been waiting for a while now. Mine still just says complete on 7/3

What was the format of the interview? I know they do MMI but I'm not clear on if they do a traditional one as well. Also did you feel it was laid back?

Current first-year here, but I found the interview last year to be pretty laid back. Then again, I felt all my MMI-format interviews were much easier than the non-MMI standard interviews, but some people think the opposite. There's not a whole lot you can do to prepare for MMIs, but I would find a mock MMI online (https://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/) (couple of helpful vids on YT too) just so it's not a complete surprise. What I did the day before the interview was a 30min-1hr mock MMI just so I wasn't rusty, plus I reread my primary/CV and secondary applications and personal statement. Remember, there are no 'right' or 'wrong' answers, but sometimes you can gleam from the scenario the type of response you should give/qualities you should demonstrate. If you're chosen for the interview, you have one foot through the door. So be yourself and carry yourself well and you will definitely get that acceptance!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyones status changes to under review? Mine still says complete only and I've been waiting for a while now. Mine still just says complete on 7/3

Same here. Submitted 7/19 and still says "complete."

Interview this morning!!!! I'm so excited. IS applicant, complete 6/20.

Reactions: 2 users
II, compete 6/21, IS went to msu

II this morning! Complete 7/20 Canadian

Also did ur guys status change to under review before u got the II? or just complete?

would everyone mind sharing their stats?

Most are in my sig but I will add I have about 2000 hours of experience as a volunteer autopsy technician and this is my second year applying, first year applying DO. My GPA doesn't really have any sort of trend upward or downward.

Also did ur guys status change to under review before u got the II? or just complete?

It was just complete I think last time I checked.

Interview! Canadian, 506 MCAT, cGPA 3.7+

completed 6/27. IS and still no love =(

II! 3.8 GPA 506 MCAT Canadian. Submitted my secondary yesterday (7/31) LOL

II today as well, completed 6/29. Man I thought this one would never come!

II! Agh, so excited! This is my first one!

(Complete 7/19)

Ain't over till it's over

Does anyone know if MSUCOM favors MSU Students??? What are their preferences??

They have a MASSIVE Michigan Resident bias, over 90% if i recall right.
Right. Being a Michigan resident is the most important factor. The college takes ~10% OOS students and <10% Canadian students but otherwise are obligated(?) to have the rest of the class be from Michigan... which is great for those of us from Michigan as the class could otherwise be filled with better-qualified OOS students! ;)

They have a MASSIVE Michigan Resident bias, over 90% if i recall right.
Wow thats huge! I am just trying to see my chances of getting in there. I have a GPA 3.5 and 499 on MCAT. My friend who has the same GPA and a 500 on MCAT just got an interview today. MSU's process is a little weird, I don't understand their order. I know they were looking at students who applied to the early program where MCAT scores aren't required first.