2017-2018 Michigan State University (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This may be dumb, but I would rather embarrass myself on here than on my secondary. Under clinical experiences where it says physician/other, are they looking for the physicians name or for something like "physician shadowing" ?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Can I submit the secondary if I am still waiting on one more LOR?

EDIT: yes but it is not complete until the LOR is in

Last edited:
This may be dumb, but I would rather embarrass myself on here than on my secondary. Under clinical experiences where it says physician/other, are they looking for the physicians name or for something like "physician shadowing" ?

I said student shadow and in the description I put the physicians name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's hoping IIs start coming out Monday...

Does a
Canadian with 4.0 and 510 mcat have a decent chance here?

Reactions: 1 user
Does a
Canadian with 4.0 and 510 mcat have a decent chance here?
From previous years I've heard they reserve spots in the class just for Canadians. 25 I think? You certainly have good stats, if you have good experiences I would say you're a very impressive applicant!

I am confused by this as well. Did you guys use the physician/other category to write the Doctors name or your title in said experience? And did you guys just copy your health care experience descriptions from AACOMAS or did y'all reword the descriptions?

Last edited:
Would a committee letter satisfy this schools letter requirement. It's basically 2 individual letters and a third composite letter by the committee

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For letters and MCAT Score, did y'all send them to MSU directly or do they download them from your AACOMAS? Been complete for a week, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
For letters and MCAT Score, did y'all send them to MSU directly or do they download them from your AACOMAS? Been complete for a week, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Directly from AACOMAS. But you have to release your official scores to AACOMAS in order for the schools to get them

Hi all! Did anyone else have their LORs sent via Virtual Evals from their school? I had a committee letter uploaded to VirtualEvals but MSU says they don't have them yet. Apparently they use a third party to download them and I'm just wondering how long that takes and if I should reach out to my school to have them re-send.

Just realized I cannot apply here as I do not finish my graduate program until end of June. Heartbroken. :cryi: Best of luck to you all.

Got my II on Friday 7/14!

Complete Tuesday 6/27.

Reactions: 2 users
Any Canadians receive an II yet??

I am one, and I've been complete since 7/5!

Congrats to those with an II! When is the first interview date, is it the 18th of August?

I reaaaaaly want an II here! I've been complete since 6/26. I wonder if they only give II on Fridays

Reactions: 2 users
My portal says that my application was complete on 7/7/17 however I didn't receive an email. Is this normal?

Would it be worth applying here with my stats? Stats in the signature.

I had a committee letter! Interview invite today wooo.

That's awesome congrats! I have a committee letter/packet + DO letter but it's showing my letters status as incomplete.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are my chances as an OOS 501 3.6/3.53 Illinois Resident

Question about the Clinical Experiences section - how do you go about this if you've already outlined all your Clinical Experiences on your AACOMAS primary already?

Question about the Clinical Experiences section - how do you go about this if you've already outlined all your Clinical Experiences on your AACOMAS primary already?

I re-entered everything. I am a re-applicant and last year's secondary specifically instructed to only put things that were additional to what was included in the AACOMAS application, but I didn't see that specifically noted this year.

What I was told is to include anything that you didn't put in AACOMAS, aka things from before college (I added about 200 new hours of stuff from HS).

Crickets....crickets.....