You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Temple University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 for late II, I will also be withdrawing.
D
deleted861177
apologies if this is a redundant question (in a bit of a time crunch here) -- but are the simulation center activities part of the interview/evaluation for admissions? Or are these activities just to have us get involved during our interview day? I just got the e-mail about the writing activity and standardized patient activities, which I wasn't expecting, and they sound a little intimidating to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are part of the interview so yes.apologies if this is a redundant question (in a bit of a time crunch here) -- but are the simulation center activities part of the interview/evaluation for admissions? Or are these activities just to have us get involved during our interview day? I just got the e-mail about the writing activity and standardized patient activities, which I wasn't expecting, and they sound a little intimidating to me.
apologies if this is a redundant question (in a bit of a time crunch here) -- but are the simulation center activities part of the interview/evaluation for admissions? Or are these activities just to have us get involved during our interview day? I just got the e-mail about the writing activity and standardized patient activities, which I wasn't expecting, and they sound a little intimidating to me.
I wouldn't worry too much. You've likely done plenty of challenging writing if you've made it to this stage and, if you have had decent experiences interacting with patients in undergrad, then you shouldn't sweat the standardized patient activities!
D
deleted861177
thank you! I think you're right -- I feel okay about the standardized patient activities I think given my experiences 🙂I wouldn't worry too much. You've likely done plenty of challenging writing if you've made it to this stage and, if you have had decent experiences interacting with patients in undergrad, then you shouldn't sweat the standardized patient activities!
would you say for the writing activity that outside knowledge was necessary (ethics, healthcare, science news, etc.), or was it more along the lines of a secondary reflective answer based on our experiences? i know the prompts probably vary, but just wanted to get an idea if that is possible, thanks 🙂
.
Last edited:
D
deleted861177
thank you so much 🙂 hopefully it goes well! they gave me an interview on short notice!Hi just chiming in, but I believe the prompt was different for everyone. I don’t wanna say it was like an MMI question because (at least for me) it wasn’t a specific ethics scenario, it was rather open-ended. Not difficult though! Good luck.
EDIT: Just realized I didn’t really answer your question - no, I don’t think you really need to do much outside research specifically for the writing, but it would be a good idea to read up on that stuff for the interview in general.
Hey guys. I was just reading Temple's pre-reqs and noticed they require stats. I have never taken a stats class ever and still got an interview and attended it even though on their website it says : "Applicants who have not completed the premedical requirements at the time of application will be placed on hold until receipt of transcripts indicating successful completion of prerequisites." I'm so confused. Can anyone shed some light?
Where do you see that? This is what I see on the current website:Hey guys. I was just reading Temple's pre-reqs and noticed they require stats. I have never taken a stats class ever and still got an interview and attended it even though on their website it says : "Applicants who have not completed the premedical requirements at the time of application will be placed on hold until receipt of transcripts indicating successful completion of prerequisites." I'm so confused. Can anyone shed some light?
Attachments
Go to the first page of this thread, that's where I got this info. (scroll down a bit to the discussion on it)Where do you see that? This is what I see on the current website:
I mean the website specifically says that they don't have any "absolute course requirements". I don't see anywhere that they require stats, so I'm sure if you've already interviewed then you're fineGo to the first page of this thread, that's where I got this info. (scroll down a bit to the discussion on it)
For those accepted to Temple but still undecided if they will be attending: is this a sign that Temple is our destiny?Just have to say... fly eagles fly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted to Temple but still undecided if they will be attending: is this a sign that Temple is our destiny?
As someone deciding between temple and a school in Boston, I’m immature enough to say yes indeed this is a sign.


I just checked my portal and it says my application was modified this morning at around 8 am... It usually only says that on wednesdays at 2:30 like others in this thread have said before. Anyone think this is significant??
Not sure but mine changed around 7:52 and I just recently submitted an update!
Mine says 7:58 and I updated earlier last month and just sent an ITANot sure but mine changed around 7:52 and I just recently submitted an update!
+1 Changed at 7:52. No updates.
I think emails are heading out today...
Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that?I think emails are heading out today...
Edit: Also got modified today around 8 AM. Seems like a bunch of us got modified at the same time, so not sure what that means... although it's different from the usual. 😕
Last edited:
Timing, atypical modification updates, historical email days, portal funkynessJust out of curiosity, what makes you say that?
fairly certain their supplemental app closed less than a month ago though..Timing, atypical modification updates, historical email days, portal funkyness
Hey, is this post interview? I am wondering where I can see on my portal when anything was updated. I have not yet received an II but I holding onto hope!I just checked my portal and it says my application was modified this morning at around 8 am... It usually only says that on wednesdays at 2:30 like others in this thread have said before. Anyone think this is significant??
Mine was modified today at 8:16 AM. It probably doesn't mean anything.
YupAnyone else waiting here without an II since mid July ?
yes waiting since August, have heard nothingAnyone else waiting here without an II since mid July ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, waiting for an II here and looking for any indication of hope I guess lolHey, is this post interview? I am wondering where I can see on my portal when anything was updated. I have not yet received an II but I holding onto hope!
So...my Thursday interview was canceled just a couple hours ago because the university will be closing due to the Eagles' parade. I'm willing to accept donations to help pay for my last minute flight and hotel cancellations 😢 Rescheduled to another day in late February.
When they change the portal online to an acceptance, is this on the secondary portal or the TUportal?
So, I enjoy sports as much as the next person, but to be out a few hundred dollars because a football team won a game would be extremely frustrating to me. It's not like this process is cheap or anything. Just my honest opinion.So...my Thursday interview was canceled just a couple hours ago because the university will be closing due to the Eagles' parade. I'm willing to accept donations to help pay for my last minute flight and hotel cancellations 😢 Rescheduled to another day in late February.
So, I enjoy sports as much as the next person, but to be out a few hundred dollars because a football team won a game would be extremely frustrating to me. It's not like this process is cheap or anything. Just my honest opinion.
They are right along the parade trail. It honestly could also be for safety reasons and liability concerns. It might be worth calling the school and seeing if there is anything they could do financially to help out, given the switch is on them.
Yeah that's a good point. It just is so hard already to find the money to pay for all of this, lol.They are right along the parade trail. It honestly could also be for safety reasons and liability concerns. It might be worth calling the school and seeing if there is anything they could do financially to help out, given the switch is on them.
I did ITA email. No II offered. So far assumed rejection.Has anybody had luck with ITA emails here? Ill be there in about a month interviewing on a Thursday. I feel like 1 month notice is sufficient if they would want to extend an II at an earlier date. Those travel costs build up fast.
Did they email you back and confirm that they got it? Ive had some correspondence with them where they email a couple weeks after my initial email.I did ITA email. No II offered. So far assumed rejection.
EDIT: Literally just got an email from them. No II but they said if they can accommodate, they will contact us. So idk if thats a good sign or not cuz they didnt say I was rejected....
Same response they gave me 4 months ago....no II 4 months laterDid they emaiIl you back and confirm that they got it? Ive had some correspondence with them where they email a couple weeks after my initial email.
EDIT: Literally just got an email from them. No II but they said if they can accommodate, they will contact us. So idk if thats a good sign or not cuz they didnt say I was rejected....
Aaaaaaaand accepted go team
Congrats! When did you interview?Aaaaaaaand accepted go team
Congrats! When did you interview?
Beginning of Jan
yea, that is just wrong!So, I enjoy sports as much as the next person, but to be out a few hundred dollars because a football team won a game would be extremely frustrating to me. It's not like this process is cheap or anything. Just my honest opinion.
wow that is a really terrible situation... all of Phillly is basically shutting down tomorrow so I'm sure it was beyond their control. I hope they can reimburse you for having to find alternative travel plans...They are right along the parade trail. It honestly could also be for safety reasons and liability concerns. It might be worth calling the school and seeing if there is anything they could do financially to help out, given the switch is on them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you find out? Via email or portal or both?Aaaaaaaand accepted go team
Does anyone know how many applicants have been accepted from the continuing candidates list to St. Luke's in past years?
So, I enjoy sports as much as the next person, but to be out a few hundred dollars because a football team won a game would be extremely frustrating to me. It's not like this process is cheap or anything. Just my honest opinion.
This was a test to see how much faith you have in the Eagles. The correct answer was to bet your travel money on the eagles, and then use the winnings to change your flight/hotel without costing you any money
Where are you at in the process, II or post II?Is Temple receptive to phone calls? Im at that point..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K