2017-2018 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't heard anything yet. It looks like aid went out late March last year
Called them about aid - they said not until March - April. Does anyone happen to know about medical? What things do we need to get done health-wise before school starts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone tell me when second look is? I haven't been accepted, but I am planning a trip in April and don't want it to overlap just in case.

Could anyone tell me when second look is? I haven't been accepted, but I am planning a trip in April and don't want it to overlap just in case.
April 6th!

Current student: What time do classes start in the morning? Started looking at apartments and I'm trying to figure out what the commute will be like from different areas

Current student: What time do classes start in the morning? Started looking at apartments and I'm trying to figure out what the commute will be like from different areas
My student tour guides said it’s 8-12 for M1/M2!

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a FB page for accepted students?

Should I just make it? Will anyone join lol. Like this post if you would join!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
I submitted an update last week through the online portal. Would it be beneficial to also e-mail them just to make sure they get it?

Also, according to last year's thread, people were still getting IIs in early April. Does anyone know if that's typical for Temple, or if last year was an anomaly?

Still waiting on any news from Temple... anyone who recently got an II, were there still interview dates open? Should I keep holding on to hope?

Still waiting on any news from Temple... anyone who recently got an II, were there still interview dates open? Should I keep holding on to hope?
Keep holding onto hope! According to last year's thread, someone got an II early April.

Reactions: 3 users
Have there been any recent post-II decisions? Interviewed late January.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I’ve been waiting too. They probably haven’t met for decisions in a very long time lol. They told us 4-6 weeks and that 6 week mark is coming up

I had the world's worst interview experience here back in November, and by far the RUDEST interviewer I have ever had. Felt damn good to withdraw my application from this school before they even had the chance to send me their final decision (I was put on the CC list months ago).

I'll likely be sending them an interview report soon with details on how one of their interviewers treated me. He had a complex that made the entire interview horribly awkward for me.

To any future applicants: do not apply to this school if you are high stats, they will treat you like a second rate applicant and basically dismiss you to your face. Awful.

Edit: Students seemed just lovely though. Nothing bad to say about the students or the rest of the school. My blind interviewer was just lovely as well. My "open file" interviewer (who is actually a very important person in the school of medicine) is the one who left this terrible taste in my mouth. Funny thing is other applicants who had him that day said he was wonderful and very friendly, which only makes me feel more singled out.

Last edited:
I had the world's worst interview experience here back in November, and by far the RUDEST interviewer I have ever had. Felt damn good to withdraw my application from this school before they even had the chance to send me their decision.

I'll likely be sending them an interview report soon with details on how one of their interviewers treated me. He had a complex that made the entire interview horribly awkward for me.

To any future applicants: do not apply to this school if you are high stats, they will treat you like a second rate applicant and basically dismiss you to your face. Awful.
I also had a terrible experience interviewing at a different med school, so I may have a sense of what you experienced... I'm sorry to hear it happened to you too but congrats on your acceptance to a program that is better for you!

I also had a terrible experience interviewing at a different med school, so I may have a sense of what you experienced... I'm sorry to hear it happened to you too but congrats on your acceptance to a program that is better for you!

Thank you ❤️❤️ sorry you felt this as well. Seriously is awful to pay money and spend time going to an interview (hundreds of $$$ of missed income!) to have this happen.

Thank you ❤️❤️ sorry you felt this as well. Seriously is awful to pay money and spend time going to an interview (hundreds of $$$ of missed income!) to have this happen.
Yes!!! As I walked out of my bad interview, the only positive thing I could think was that at least I didn't have to spend too much money on travel/lodging...(took a Bolt Bus + stayed with a friend), but it honestly felt like such a scam to have applied and wasted the time and money. I definitely went off on my interview review form, and you should too... hopefully they will stop problematic people from conducting interviews. :(

I had the world's worst interview experience here back in November, and by far the RUDEST interviewer I have ever had. Felt damn good to withdraw my application from this school before they even had the chance to send me their final decision (I was put on the CC list months ago).

Edit: Students seemed just lovely though. Nothing bad to say about the students or the rest of the school. My blind interviewer was just lovely as well. My "open file" interviewer (who is actually a very important person in the school of medicine) is the one who left this terrible taste in my mouth. Funny thing is other applicants who had him that day said he was wonderful and very friendly, which only makes me feel more singled out.
+1 for terrible interview experience. I felt like absolute **** at the end of the day. I'm really on the fence about withdrawing, since I really liked the program itself and all the students. :/

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed January 17th and got a continuing candidates letter in the mail on February 13th

Is there any type of change on the portal if you are placed on CCL/rejected here? Several weeks post-interview and I'm wondering if my letter was lost in the mail...

Is temple just going to pretend that people they interviewed in 2018 don't ever want to hear a decision?

Reactions: 5 users
I'm at Week 6 after interview right now, still waiting. But they said 6-8 weeks so idk.

Interviewed in early Feb and don't remember how long they said it could take to hear back. Judging by recent comments on this thread I know I probably shouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

How long are they interviewing?

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted in Temple just now! Interviewed at the beginning of February

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted about 30 minutes ago! Still in shock! I interviewed the second week of February :')

Reactions: 7 users
Rejected. Was starting to think they forgot about me, but alas, they did not

Just got hit with that rejection. Was in philly last week for an interview so looks like I may not be returning.

Just got the R! I think they’re still sending out emails because I literally got mine 0 minutes ago.

tfw I asked earlier how long they are interviewing then get hit with the R. Guess I got my answer

Rejected now :D knew it was coming. it seems like they are done interviewing.

Do you think if I make it to 5 that I'm ok? Haha

Edit: Got the R. I was 6 minutes away.

Just got a letter saying that I'm on the continuing candidates list. Interviewed early February. Can anyone confirm that this is the waitlist, or if they differentiate between a waitlist and a continuing candidates list.