You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tufts University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
damn, 11 interviews. nice lol, especially for you jerry 😉II! Complete 7/28, LizzyM 69. Woooooo I’m shippin off to Bostonnnn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@JerrySmith. What dates are available for interview ?
Tuesdays and Thursdays in December
complete 7/11, born/raised in boston. strong ties to boston Chinatown (where tufts is located) but SILENCE. has anyone else who applied in early july not heard back?
Complete 7/1.
Nothing!!
Complete 7/15
Nothing
Nothing
Hopefully they spread some of that Ohio love to me hahaII! Complete 7/28, LizzyM 69. Woooooo I’m shippin off to Bostonnnn
Congrats! Giving the rest of us hope. Do you mind sharing your stats?
LizzyM 70!Congrats! Giving the rest of us hope. Do you mind sharing your stats?
If any Bostonians or anyone in general has an interview scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd and has the flexibility to change days, I would be willing to pay $$ to have your spot on that day. I have another interview in Boston the day after, so it would save me a cross-country flight. PM me plzzz
II a few weeks ago! OOS and interviewing in early November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if they are going to call about acceptances on the 16th? I know they have met after mid-September interviews as a committee.
complete 7/11, born/raised in boston. strong ties to boston Chinatown (where tufts is located) but SILENCE. has anyone else who applied in early july not heard back?
Complete 7/12 and nothing yet as well.
Complete 7/12 and nothing yet as well.
I was complete a little later (7/30 I think) but I also have strong ties as I live right near the school and work at one of the big research hospitals in the city but still silence
Has anyone heard anything?!
Nothing but they told us at our interview in September we should hear back on October 16th. I'll update if I hear anything, this wait is killing me.Has anyone heard anything?!
Accepted about an hour ago!!!
Via email or phone call? Need to know over which form of communication to be freaking out aboutAccepted about an hour ago!!!
Via phone!Via email or phone call? Need to know over which form of communication to be freaking out about
Accepted as well! Received the call about an hour ago yay!
I have a similar completion date too. Trying to stay positive--maybe we'll be part of the next II wave!congrats on everyone with acceptances! Tufts is one of my top choices so I'm hoping for an interview invite soon....radio silence since my complete date of 7-17-17 though so my hopes are slowly deteriorating 🙁 this process is emotionally draining lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what does deferred meanDeferred.. Is this good or bad news? Can't tell.
what does deferred mean
In the normal context it means that they cannot accept you in this year but you are accepted for the following school year.
.
Last edited:
Yeah, it’s definitely a weird decision to make.
My other thought is that “deferred” means a sort of higher priority waitlist.
My other thought is that “deferred” means a sort of higher priority waitlist.
wow, wait so medical schools do that? they give you a guaranteed acceptance for the following year?In the normal context it means that they cannot accept you in this year but you are accepted for the following school year.
wow, wait so medical schools do that? they give you a guaranteed acceptance for the following year?
I think thats usually if a) you request deferral and are granted one or b) they have more acceptances (people actually wanting to matriculate) that the class size is larger than anticipated and they ask you to defer.
This scenario is strange as it is quite early in the cycle and an ask to defer would seem to make sense more in the spring etc.
Pretty sure in this context it means the committee has deferred making their final decision until a later datewhat does deferred mean
that's what I would think too at this pint at leastPretty sure in this context it means the committee has deferred making their final decision until a later date
Accepted via phone call!Nothing but they told us at our interview in September we should hear back on October 16th. I'll update if I hear anything, this wait is killing me.
Boy, they're really burning the midnight oil over there 😉. Congratulations.!Accepted via phone call!
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! The deferred status is basically you didn't get in now, but you'll be brought up at subsequent meetings and may get accepted at later meetings. Also for all those complete in July who still haven't heard anything, I know it's hard not to, but try not to freak out! I think I got my II in late November or early December, interviewed in January (along with 4 other eventual classmates) and I'm a second year now, so not hearing anything yet doesn't mean a thing!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is one of the few times it's appropriate to call/e-mail admissions and say you'll be in the area. They may not be able to squeeze you in, but it's worth the call.If any Bostonians or anyone in general has an interview scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd and has the flexibility to change days, I would be willing to pay $$ to have your spot on that day. I have another interview in Boston the day after, so it would save me a cross-country flight.
O
ohopenyoureyes
Has Tufts sent out any rejections?
If anyone has an interview on November 7th and is willing to change dates, I'm also willing to pay to switch with you! I'm coming from California to Boston for another interview, and it'll be really helpful to not have to fly cross country. Thanks!
I did, they said tough **** but it ultimately worked out🙂This is one of the few times it's appropriate to call/e-mail admissions and say you'll be in the area. They may not be able to squeeze you in, but it's worth the call.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does
This is lame that I know this but last year they started sending them out early dec
Has Tufts sent out any rejections?
This is lame that I know this but last year they started sending them out early dec
Any Maine Track folks hear back yet? If they gave us a time frame at the interview, I didn't write it down
Any Maine Track folks hear back yet? If they gave us a time frame at the interview, I didn't write it down
My friend who interviewed on 10/6 has not heard anything.
Any Maine Track folks hear back yet? If they gave us a time frame at the interview, I didn't write it down
Interviewed 9/22 (first squad I think). I wrote something down about hearing back by the end of October.. Quite Antsy.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K