You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tufts University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I signed up for an interview last week and there was one day in November left and a bunch in December!To those that recently got II, were there December dates, or are they already in January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!I signed up for an interview last week and there was one day in November left and a bunch in December!
Has anyone gotten a II here after sending an update?
I did!Has anyone gotten a II here after sending an update?
What was your turnaround time?I did!
Got the II about 6 weeks after submitting an update.What was your turnaround time?
Thanks!!Got the II about 6 weeks after submitting an update.
II now! OOS
II as well!!! OOS Complete mid August!! So stoked about this one!
Congrats on the II's!
I completed early august (1st week), am OOS with 70LM as well. Silent rejection? Does tufts do silent rejects?
I completed early august (1st week), am OOS with 70LM as well. Silent rejection? Does tufts do silent rejects?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah todayDid you guys get an II just now? Been complete end of July and silent since then... I've probably been passed over or silently rejected.
Did you guys get an II just now? Been complete end of July and silent since then... I've probably been passed over or silently rejected.
+1 submitted 7/1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+2
+3 c'mon Tufts show us some love!
I received mine a few hours ago.Did you guys get an II just now? Been complete end of July and silent since then... I've probably been passed over or silently rejected.
Edit: LizzyM also 70, OOS
Tuesdays and Thursdays of every month. They were only into December when I picked a date today so all of January onwards is still open.All the people who got II's today, what dates are available for interviewing?
I don't think they silent reject, pretty sure from stalking last years feed Dec they started sending out rejections. I am dying to hear from Tufts!!Congrats on the II's!
I completed early august (1st week), am OOS with 70LM as well. Silent rejection? Does tufts do silent rejects?
Interview day is super chill. You have 2 open file interviews either in the morning or afternoon. While half the group interviews the other half gets a tour. There is a financial aid presentation and a research presentation too.Can anybody give insight about the interview? The information they gave us about that day just says what time to check in and when it will end. Was anybody able to find a schedule or something on their portal or information about arranging a student host?
is it one faculty and one student?Interview day is super chill. You have 2 open file interviews either in the morning or afternoon. While half the group interviews the other half gets a tour. There is a financial aid presentation and a research presentation too.
Yesis it one faculty and one student?
For some people it's 2 faculty
I wonder if Tufts will send a rejection tidal wave like they did last year, that was a Pitt-level bloodbath
when did the wave hit last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just looked. Wave hit early Decemberwhen did the wave hit last year?
Hoping they reach September complete dates soon!
Hoping they reach September complete dates soon!
Yeah looks like their still innerly august
Yeah looks like their still innerly august
Yep, from what I've seen they were at early-mid Aug last week.
Does anyone know if they go back and give II even tho they seem to go in chronological order? Like if you were complete end of July and they're inviting August now is it reject or do they actually go back at all?
There are a lot of factors, it's not based on chronology necessarily. Check out last year's thread they had people complete in August getting II's in JanDoes anyone know if they go back and give II even tho they seem to go in chronological order? Like if you were complete end of July and they're inviting August now is it reject or do they actually go back at all?
Probably, I'm bracing for itI wonder if Tufts will send a rejection tidal wave like they did last year, that was a Pitt-level bloodbath
Does anyone have any insight to the Deferred list for the Maine Track? Is it pretty much a rejection or are there still good chances of getting in from it?
Does anyone have any insight to the Deferred list for the Maine Track? Is it pretty much a rejection or are there still good chances of getting in from it?
The way I understood it is that they just haven’t decided anything yet. They discuss your application again at the subsequent meeting and issue a decision then or continue to defer you until a decision has been reached. Purgatory.
So I noticed that Tufts seems to encourage updates from applicants. Has anyone tried sending an update/letter of interest letter pre-interview or is it better to wait until afterwards? Also, what type of achievements are considered appropriate for such a letter outside of research publications? For example, is something like being recognized as a featured volunteer due to active contribution considered appropriate within a letter of intent?
Accepted MD/MPH today. 1 month after MD (in case others are waiting).
I sent an update and got an II! I got a new job and updated them about that.So I noticed that Tufts seems to encourage updates from applicants. Has anyone tried sending an update/letter of interest letter pre-interview or is it better to wait until afterwards? Also, what type of achievements are considered appropriate for such a letter outside of research publications? For example, is something like being recognized as a featured volunteer due to active contribution considered appropriate within a letter of intent?
How much time in between the II and letter? Thanks!I sent an update and got an II! I got a new job and updated them about that.
Thanks for the response!I sent an update and got an II! I got a new job and updated them about that.
Did you just discuss your new job and emphasized your interest in the school again? I am thinking of doing this, but just not sure if it would be looked down on by adcoms.
Yep! I did exactly what you said.Thanks for the response!
Did you just discuss your new job and emphasized your interest in the school again? I am thinking of doing this, but just not sure if it would be looked down on by adcoms.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About 2 months, sadlyHow much time in between the II and letter? Thanks!
Hi! First time posting on SDN but long-time viewer. Was just wondering if you emailed the update or uploaded it onto the portal under "Additional Documents"?I sent an update and got an II! I got a new job and updated them about that.
I'm honored to be featured in your first post! Yeah, i just uploaded it into the tab!Hi! First time posting on SDN but long-time viewer. Was just wondering if you emailed the update or uploaded it onto the portal under "Additional Documents"?
Thank you so much!I'm honored to be featured in your first post! Yeah, i just uploaded it into the tab!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K