-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tufts University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was completed end of July and still haven't heard back. Likely a rejection?
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 on that seems so enthusiasticI have had that weird "Your application is ready!" status since late September. Submitted in late July. Unsure if it means my application is ready for rejection or an interview invite.
what was your status before that? mine was that since the day i submitted my secondary
what was your status before that? mine was that since the day i submitted my secondary
I can't remember what it was before it changed to that!
I was completed end of July and still haven't heard back. Likely a rejection?
Same situation :/ Anyone receive a rejection pre-II yet?
Same question hereSame situation :/ Anyone receive a rejection pre-II yet?
Complete mid July and still haven't heard anything lolSame question here
+1Complete mid July and still haven't heard anything lol
Does Tufts accept a pre-interview update?
Yup, 'additional docs' tab on the portal
Anyone gotten a II here recently?
silence since late july :/Anyone gotten a II here recently?
+1silence since late july :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+10 because 7 8 9 #jokes
At least we’re in good company
Another Maine Track question: anyone know if post-interview we have to be rejected from the Maine Track before we're considered for the regular track? (I haven't been rejected or heard anything yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for that eventuality)
Another Maine Track question: anyone know if post-interview we have to be rejected from the Maine Track before we're considered for the regular track? (I haven't been rejected or heard anything yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for that eventuality)
You have to get an II in Boston to be considered for the regular track at Tufts. I got II's for both tracks in early Sept before completing either interview.
You have to get an II in Boston to be considered for the regular track at Tufts. I got II's for both tracks in early Sept before completing either interview.
Do you know if there is only one round of Maine Track interviews or multiple?
Accepted! Called this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They definitely interview throughout the whole season. I don't know about rounds of invites, though.Do you know if there is only one round of Maine Track interviews or multiple?
I'm not sure that's true? I interviewed for Maine Track back in the beginning of October, but I haven't heard anything from the Boston track, definitely haven't had an II there.You have to get an II in Boston to be considered for the regular track at Tufts. I got II's for both tracks in early Sept before completing either interview.
Edit: I misread, thought you said you had to have a Boston II to get into the Maine Track. Ignore me.
Last edited:
I'm not sure that's true? I interviewed for Maine Track back in the beginning of October, but I haven't heard anything from the Boston track, definitely haven't had an II there.
I wasn't sure it worked this way either TBH, until I got both IIs (two weeks apart). Here's a quote from the boston II:
"Please note that this interview invitation is for the traditional M.D. program - regular track on the Boston Campus. If you are applying to the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be contacted separately regarding your application. Your decision to accept this interview invitation to the traditional M.D. program - regular track is completely independent from the Maine Track and M.D./Ph.D. review process and will have no bearing on your candidacy to that track/program. If you are selected to be interviewed for the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be invited to a separate Interview Day for that track/program."
Welp, I'm here to confirm that you don't need to interview in Boston to get into the Maine Track! Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Bing-You about a half hour ago! OOS, LM~75, interviewed early Oct.I wasn't sure it worked this way either TBH, until I got both IIs (two weeks apart). Here's a quote from the boston II:
"Please note that this interview invitation is for the traditional M.D. program - regular track on the Boston Campus. If you are applying to the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be contacted separately regarding your application. Your decision to accept this interview invitation to the traditional M.D. program - regular track is completely independent from the Maine Track and M.D./Ph.D. review process and will have no bearing on your candidacy to that track/program. If you are selected to be interviewed for the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be invited to a separate Interview Day for that track/program."
Accepted! Called this morning!
Congrats!!! When did you interview??
Hey guys, my friend interviewed on 10/6 for Maine track and got in today as well! Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions!
Early Oct!Congrats!!! When did you interview??
Congrats! Maybe we'll be classmates next year! (Although it looks like you're going to have lots of choices! Well done!)+1 @DrPepperAnn WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Welp, I'm here to confirm that you don't need to interview in Boston to get into the Maine Track! Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Bing-You about a half hour ago! OOS, LM~75, interviewed early Oct.
OMG congrats!!! I’m so happy to hear you got in after watching your journey in the forums! I interviewed 9/22, really hoping we can be classmates next fall

Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!OMG congrats!!! I’m so happy to hear you got in after watching your journey in the forums! I interviewed 9/22, really hoping we can be classmates next fall![]()
Update: Deferred decision. 
Was this preII or postII?Update: Deferred decision.![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when were you complete?Got an II this afternoon!
Was this preII or postII?
If you look 2 posts above you’ll see it is post-II. So, not a hold but I guess a confirmed silent treatment!
mid July!when were you complete?
Congrats! when were you complete?Got an II this afternoon!
Deferred
+1. Found out a few days ago. Kinda bummed since I though my interviews went so well, but hey, they didn't reject us right off the bat so that counts for something!
Too scared to ask what percentage of deferred applicants are granted a spot at Tufts. Any current med students have any inspiring deferral stories they'd like to share?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K