-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm assuming that once your application is reviewed they put you in a yes, no, or maybe pile. Yes= II. No=rejection. Maybe=will review at a later date for final decision. You're in the maybe pile, which theoretically is better than a flat out no. So I hope that's good news for you.I have been complete since 7/26 and had green checkmark for over two weeks.
I have heard nothing, while people who completed after me seem to have heard back with II or rejections.
I don't know what to make of this.
The process looks so random...
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I have been complete since 7/26 and had green checkmark for over two weeks.
I have heard nothing, while people who completed after me seem to have heard back with II or rejections.
I don't know what to make of this.
The process looks so random...
+1. Green check mark 16 days ago. No news. Not sure what to think of it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the encouragement. I have submitted 16 secondaries and heard nothing from all of them, so I seem be a "maybe" applicant to med schools.I'm assuming that once your application is reviewed they put you in a yes, no, or maybe pile. Yes= II. No=rejection. Maybe=will review at a later date for final decision. You're in the maybe pile, which theoretically is better than a flat out no. So I hope that's good news for you.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Ayyyy another "maybe" applicant!+1. Green check mark 16 days ago. No news. Not sure what to think of it
Last edited:
Complete 8/5 and got green checkmark today
Complete July 27, II on August 22, first open day was February 1, 2018. o_0
Tulane doesn't play games! It's just becoming September and seems every month for interviews has been filled almost.
Complete 8/3 but still no green checkmark :/
Complete 8/3 but still no green checkmark :/
I think the early August people will probably start to hear back in mid September.
Complete date and how long with green check? Good luck with the rest of your apps!
The only available interview date is in March...
To answer the above: I received an email for an interview invitation.
How are they informing everyone about interviews- email or call?
To answer the above: I received an email for an interview invitation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Green check mark today! Submitted secondary on 8/4
Now I'm terrified
Now I'm terrified
So I have an interview here, and I have been reading up on what it is like, and I am kinda interested in what the MS1 w/ patient simulation is like. Anyone who has interviewed here? Do you just go into a room and they say, "here's your patient, go" or do you get a scenario? Just curious how this plays out.
So I have an interview here, and I have been reading up on what it is like, and I am kinda interested in what the MS1 w/ patient simulation is like. Anyone who has interviewed here? Do you just go into a room and they say, "here's your patient, go" or do you get a scenario? Just curious how this plays out.
Following, would love some info on this/ format.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Where have you been reading up? I can't find any resources...So I have an interview here, and I have been reading up on what it is like, and I am kinda interested in what the MS1 w/ patient simulation is like. Anyone who has interviewed here? Do you just go into a room and they say, "here's your patient, go" or do you get a scenario? Just curious how this plays out.
Tulane University - School of Medicine - Office of Admissions - Apply this has some info about the structure of the interviewWhere have you been reading up? I can't find any resources...
Rejected this morning
OOS
3.94 GPA
507 MCAT
Complete 7/22
OOS
3.94 GPA
507 MCAT
Complete 7/22
Complete 7/19
OOS
LM ~ 64
Rejected this morning.
OOS
LM ~ 64
Rejected this morning.
If they have interviews up until march like filled already literally are they just planning on rejecting everyone who was complete after late July even if they're a perfect fit? I don't get how this makes any sense- early is one thing but like how do you fill everything up that quick when I feel like people who still submitted "early" in late July are basically pretty late.
I have a feeling they'll put people on holds until interview slots open up. So if they like you, and someone with an interview in December cancels, they'll throw out IIs to fill that slot.If they have interviews up until march like filled already literally are they just planning on rejecting everyone who was complete after late July even if they're a perfect fit? I don't get how this makes any sense- early is one thing but like how do you fill everything up that quick when I feel like people who still submitted "early" in late July are basically pretty late.
But yes, in general I agree with you about the system.
Yeah it seems really crazy, but I am wondering if maybe they are expecting a lot of people to cancel their interviews when they start getting IIs and acceptances elsewhere. Tulane is a "back-up" school for some (as much as a med school can be back up lol) and they may know that they get a lot of people with IIs withdrawing.I have a feeling they'll put people on holds until interview slots open up. So if they like you, and someone with an interview in December cancels, they'll throw out IIs to fill that slot.
But yes, in general I agree with you about the system.
Yeah it seems really crazy, but I am wondering if maybe they are expecting a lot of people to cancel their interviews when they start getting IIs and acceptances elsewhere. Tulane is a "back-up" school for some (as much as a med school can be back up lol) and they may know that they get a lot of people with IIs withdrawing.
Agreed, I think there will definitely be withdrawals once ppl get acceptances in October. I wouldn't mind getting a January/Fed interview at Tulane if someone else pulls out
I wonder at what time point if having the green check we can figure we're on sort of a hold. I'm at a little over 2 weeks with nothing
+1 except 3.5 weeks...I wonder at what time point if having the green check we can figure we're on sort of a hold. I'm at a little over 2 weeks with nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder at what time point if having the green check we can figure we're on sort of a hold. I'm at a little over 2 weeks with nothing
I've also had the green check mark a little over two weeks, I think it's probably hard to say considering we have no idea how they divide up the apps and what order they get looked at. We could be in one large pile based on stats
Green check for over 4 weeks and haven't heard anything. I kind of assumed a rejection was imminent at this point but who knows.I've also had the green check mark a little over two weeks, I think it's probably hard to say considering we have no idea how they divide up the apps and what order they get looked at. We could be in one large pile based on stats
Last edited:
Got the axe this morning. Complete 7/20. Green check around 8/1 or 2.
Congrats to all who've received IIs & good luck to the rest of y'all still waiting.
sorry to hear that...did you take Casper?
No they review and invite without Casper
8
872643
Are any of y'all not planning on taking casper? Tulane is the only school I applied to that mentioned it. Just wondering if it's something I should do in the next few weeks before my interview on 10/2.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't plan on taking it, it's the only school that mentions it for me too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't plan on taking it, it's the only school that mentions it for me too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm in NOLA, Harvey didn't really affect us any more than seasonal rains, so it's probably not that. I would keep an eye out for Irma, though. Depending on where that goes, could have some major effect on this cycle and interviews. I would really love to know the protocol for that kind of situation. Fingers crossed that it's a non-issue.I would guess that the Hurricane may be putting them slightly behind schedule this week
-
Last edited:
any thoughts on CASPER for this school
this is the only school that its a part of the application. I have an Interview at the end of september, even if i took it now would it get to the school in time?
thoughts?
If you already have an interview, seems like it's probably not necessary in this case, right? Especially since you have such an early interview. Just my $0.02, but I would be curious to hear what other people have to say.
any thoughts on CASPER for this school
this is the only school that its a part of the application. I have an Interview at the end of september, even if i took it now would it get to the school in time?
thoughts?
I took it the other day, it's pretty easy and actually a cool way for them to get to know you IMO. There are a few other schools that require it actually.
If I were you I would take it. They don't offer exams whenever though, I think the next one is on the 15th. If anything, I could see it looking bad for you to show up without having done a component of the app. They obviously like you. Don't give them a reason to doubt you or your interest in them, especially since casper is so easy. Took me like 75 mins.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8
875082
OOS, LM 70, II for ED on 9/6
Did anyone else apply ED to Tulane?
Did anyone else apply ED to Tulane?
random question: does anyone remember how much this secondary cost? went though my emails to try and find a receipt from back when I submitted but couldn't find one
I didnt apply ED, but I also have my II on Sept. 6... is that normal?OOS, LM 70, II for ED on 9/6
Did anyone else apply ED to Tulane?
random question: does anyone remember how much this secondary cost? went though my emails to try and find a receipt from back when I submitted but couldn't find one
it was $125. A lot of schools have this same secondary software so if you go to secondary app for each school and click application fee it tells you price and when you paid
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
