You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Team "Still No Secondary"Do all applicants get secondary? I still didn't get mine...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn like 10 people have gotten IIs and I'm just sitting here praying to sweet baby Jesus for a secondary
Yeah for the list the hobbies and non-academic interests are we listing or are we writing a paragraph about a few?
I've generally been told that by list they literally mean list.
I've generally been told that by list they literally mean list.
Eh, I wrote a few concise sentences. I doubt they'll be like "SENTENCES??? IN MY HOUSE??? I NEEDED A LIST"Yeah for the list the hobbies and non-academic interests are we listing or are we writing a paragraph about a few?
I've generally been told that by list they literally mean list.
Eh, I wrote a few concise sentences. I doubt they'll be like "SENTENCES??? IN MY HOUSE??? I NEEDED A LIST"
Yeah lol, I could "list" like 10-15 things, or I could talk concisely about 2 or 3 things.
I feel like either is fine haha follow your heart brosephYeah lol, I could "list" like 10-15 things, or I could talk concisely about 2 or 3 things.
waiting on a secondary.....submitted primary app june 1st....
What did people say to the question about if you identify as any underrepresented? I don't....so should I leave that essay blank because it says optional, or do I write "I do not believe I idenitfy as any sort of underrepresented group in medicine."
Thoughts? Thank you!
Thoughts? Thank you!
Left it blank, still let me submit without a problem.What did people say to the question about if you identify as any underrepresented? I don't....so should I leave that essay blank because it says optional, or do I write "I do not believe I idenitfy as any sort of underrepresented group in medicine."
Thoughts? Thank you!
Got the II a couple days ago. Super excited...I've always wanted to visit New Orleans. Tulane has been a dream school for years. Any other II not do CASPer? I didn't and wonder if I should before my interview in September.
Got the II a couple days ago. Super excited...I've always wanted to visit New Orleans. Tulane has been a dream school for years. Any other II not do CASPer? I didn't and wonder if I should before my interview in September.
When was your secondary considered complete? Are you OOS? or IS? Just wondering what the turn around is for us early applicants. I submitted and was considered complete yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The turnaround time for me was about four days from complete status. I submitted my primary 6/1 and submitted the secondary the same day I received it, so I think I was super early.When was your secondary considered complete? Are you OOS? or IS? Just wondering what the turn around is for us early applicants. I submitted and was considered complete yesterday.
For anyone using fee assistance, please know that Tulane reduces the fee and does not waive it completely.
By how much?
By how much?
It goes from $125 to $62.50 :/
So would it be inappropriate to ask admissions if they received my AMCAS or about the secondary? Or should I just contain myself and be patient and wait for them to figure their system out? lol
It goes from $125 to $62.50 :/
Thank you, I'll take that into consideration!
lol maybe be patient a few more days? I didnt get a secondary til yesterday.So would it be inappropriate to ask admissions if they received my AMCAS or about the secondary? Or should I just contain myself and be patient and wait for them to figure their system out? lol
Last edited:
Got the II a couple days ago. Super excited...I've always wanted to visit New Orleans. Tulane has been a dream school for years. Any other II not do CASPer? I didn't and wonder if I should before my interview in September.
I got an II on Friday and haven't done CASPer. I'm taking mine on 7/26 though, so plenty of time before the interview.
Checking in with lack of secondary as well! D: Any idea if they're being in-state exclusive this year??
up with bubbles, down with air!Posting to follow this thread, need secondary ASAP, was complete 6/2...
I'm OOS and verified 6/2 and just got the secondary on Saturday.Checking in with lack of secondary as well! D: Any idea if they're being in-state exclusive this year??
Just got my secondary! I was verified on Friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my secondary! I was verified on Friday
+1. Finally. That took FOREVER.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Verified 6/2, still waiting lol
+1, did you e-mail them asking about your status?Verified 6/2, still waiting lol
No, did you?
+1, did you e-mail them asking about your status?
I was planning on e-mailing them either today or tomorrow, since I was verified like 7/5 lolNo, did you?
I emailed them just now and received the secondary.
What did you write in the email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1, also e-mailed and received secondary.I emailed them just now and received the secondary.
+1, also e-mailed and received secondary.
& what email address did you guys write too?
I didn't take casper and I don't plan to. submitted primary 6/1, submitted secondary on 7/4, got the invite 7/14.Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have already received IIs-that is amazing!! Question for you guys though-did you already take the CASper test/does Tulane already have the feedback from that? Or are they sending out invites prior to having that info?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Submitted and complete! Thank goodness.
To those that received II: do you have study abroad/volunteer abroad and/or Peace Corps, Teach for America experience?
First II! Super stoked. Seems like there are only times for late September and on. I booked mine for the beginning of October.
Canadian applicant, applied last year. Received my secondary on July 10, application complete on July 12, and got the green checkmark sometime on Friday I think.
Canadian applicant, applied last year. Received my secondary on July 10, application complete on July 12, and got the green checkmark sometime on Friday I think.
Did you send complete the CASPER tests. Tulane is the only school that has it for me and it is optional so Im on the fence.My first II! Holy cow so excited!!
Secondary submitted 7/10. LizzyM 67.2 but not entirely reflective because of strong upward trend and good ECs. Good luck everybody!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who still hasn't received a secondary, email "[email protected]" and let them know when you were verified and your AMCAS ID. They'll send one to you automatically!
got my II today too!!! so excited to visit New Orleans. LizzyM 65 with some good research and EC's.
I took the CASPER on July 9th and sent it to Tulane, so you probably should do it.
Did you send complete the CASPER tests. Tulane is the only school that has it for me and it is optional so Im on the fence.
I took the CASPER on July 9th and sent it to Tulane, so you probably should do it.
got my II today too!!! so excited to visit New Orleans. LizzyM 65 with some good research and EC's.
I took the CASPER on July 9th and sent it to Tulane, so you probably should do it.
Congrats on the II!! When was your secondary complete by?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K