2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see some people got the waitlist email. Well I got in off the waitlist and so did a large chunk of my class I would say about 35-40%, so people do get off it. Its not like USC where very seldom does the waitlist ever move
I also did undergrad at Davis. First day they said it the waitlist would move I get a call on my phone. Caller ID says UC Davis and I get all excited .....and its the alumni association asking for money. Needless to say major let down.
Next week while away from my desk at work I get a missed call from UCDSOM and its dean Sousa.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone who has received an interview know if they received an "application complete" email? In my message center, I only have two emails, although on the homepage of the application portal, I have all green check marks. I am getting worried that my application is stuck in limbo somewhere. Thank you! :)

Does anyone who has received an interview know if they received an "application complete" email? In my message center, I only have two emails, although on the homepage of the application portal, I have all green check marks. I am getting worried that my application is stuck in limbo somewhere. Thank you! :)

Received a complete email a few days after I submitted my secondary. I have quite a few messages in my message center now, but pre-II I had 2 as well (no complete message). So in short, yes to the email, no to the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here and absolutely loved it!! I would like to send a post-interview thank you email, but am unsure who to send this to since we had so many different interviewers! Any thoughts/recommendations about this? Thanks!

Just interviewed here and absolutely loved it!! I would like to send a post-interview thank you email, but am unsure who to send this to since we had so many different interviewers! Any thoughts/recommendations about this? Thanks!
I just sent a general one through the message center on our portal thanking the admission office! They said it’s not necessary but I mean it’s a nice courtesy

Did any other admitted applicants also receive the financial aid email?

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary?

Reactions: 4 users
Is it worth it to give the admissions office a call or an email? I think I should've gotten one by now...

Members don't see this ad :)
So i've been complete since 7/7 and I have heard nothing. Should I be contacting admissions? I don't mean to be a neurotic pre med but this is my dream school and I'm tired of waiting. would appreciate any advice.

So i've been complete since 7/7 and I have heard nothing. Should I be contacting admissions? I don't mean to be a neurotic pre med but this is my dream school and I'm tired of waiting. would appreciate any advice.

Did you get a secondary in july too?

II today, earliest date is January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
So I asked about my application being complete.. because I too only had the two emails in my portal and this is the response I got... so its safe to assume you're complete

Attachments

• 2017-10-27 12.52.01-1.png
    2017-10-27 12.52.01-1.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 174
I got an II for the MSTP program on 9/18 and the earliest date they had was 12/1. Does anyone know any of the stats for MSTP? Like # Interviewed vs accepted, # of interview dates, etc.?

Dang. On hold today. Complete 7/28, a week after I got my secondary/was AMCAS verified.
Good luck to all!

Just wondering... Anyone from 10/20 heard back yet? or is it exactly 2 weeks out?

I remember the Student Advisor say, if you get a call within 2 weeks, its an acceptance. Anything after that will be sent via email, which would be either a waitlist or rejection...

Just wondering... Anyone from 10/20 heard back yet? or is it exactly 2 weeks out?

I remember the Student Advisor say, if you get a call within 2 weeks, its an acceptance. Anything after that will be sent via email, which would be either a waitlist or rejection...

Im positive we were told it's 2 weeks minimum wait for a decision. 4 weeks is the maximum.

Withdrawing pre-II and pre-secondary, good luck everyone :)

II! But my portal says, "Although you may have received an interview invitation, there are no available dates at this time." What is this?? Complete 9/29

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
II! But my portal says, "Although you may have received an interview invitation, there are no available dates at this time." What is this??
When were you complete and what are your stats?

Typically how long does it take from Secondary to Status Update (II or Rejection) for them to get back to you? Oh the wait is agonizing

Typically how long does it take from Secondary to Status Update (II or Rejection) for them to get back to you? Oh the wait is agonizing
It truly varies without any logical determination at all! Some take less than 24 hours! Some take a few weeks and others a few months! Hang tight :) it isn’t over yet as far as I know

I know people who have heard silence until May and been rejected then. I think they just throw some applicants in the silence pile and then they just kind of hold on to your application in case they ever need applicants or something idk i am in the same boat as you and was complete in july and ucd was supposed to be one of my safer dream schools, but im accepting the L

I know people who have heard silence until May and been rejected then. I think they just throw some applicants in the silence pile and then they just kind of hold on to your application in case they ever need applicants or something idk i am in the same boat as you and was complete in july and ucd was supposed to be one of my safer dream schools, but im accepting the L

Rip us dude. L's on L's. where's the norcal love

Hahaha oh Davis <3 Thanks for the info peeps. Good luck to us all and let's keep each other updated!

Has anyone from the 10/20 interview date heard back yet?

II today, complete early sept

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how you indicate to the school that you actually are an IS student? I didn't see it anywhere on the app.

Does anyone know how you indicate to the school that you actually are an IS student? I didn't see it anywhere on the app.

There's was a question that asked whether you had ties to the area!

II today, complete early sept

Congrats! Would you mind sharing how early in September you were complete? Like 9/1 or more like 9/11? asking because I was complete 9/11 and am getting excited (should probably be scared) that they are approaching my completion date