2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those that got accepted or an II! for those of us still waiting for an II, I am on the same boat and I completely early July. So I don't know what's going on either. Do they call when giving out acceptances, or by email also?

Members don't see this ad.

First time posting on SDN! Accepted :) Interviewed Aug. 25!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are all decisions heard back today? or is it possible to get a phone call/email sometime later this week?

To current students/those who have already been accepted: are you slanted towards primary care?

I've heard UC Davis has a mission towards rural/ primary care, but I'm not sure if that's just the specific programs they have or the entire school

Reactions: 1 user
To current students/those who have already been accepted: are you slanted towards primary care?

I've heard UC Davis has a mission towards rural/ primary care, but I'm not sure if that's just the specific programs they have or the entire school
I’m considering general pediatric so yes to some extends I think part of my acceptance came from my interest as shown from my interview and application :)! When you have the chance to come by the school, there is a strong sense of community health and primary care!

Anyone hear back today? The waiting is killing me :(

to anyone who got accepted, after we received the call, do we just wait for the email to come? what do we do after? I remember hearing Dr. Sousa said we should expect an email some time this week but I don't remember anything more than that!

Thank you!

It seems like they're doing chronological order... Saw some acceptances from the 8/18 interview, then 8/25, then September. If we interviewed 8/25 and haven't gotten the call, should we assume that there's no acceptance on the way?

I feel so neurotic about this. Struggling to keep my mind off of the call and carry on with my day, but every time my phone buzzes I have a small heart attack...

Reactions: 1 users
to anyone who got accepted, after we received the call, do we just wait for the email to come? what do we do after? I remember hearing Dr. Sousa said we should expect an email some time this week but I don't remember anything more than that!

Thank you!
I got an email today with a checklist of next steps

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like they're doing chronological order... Saw some acceptances from the 8/18 interview, then 8/25, then September. If we interviewed 8/25 and haven't gotten the call, should we assume that there's no acceptance on the way?

I feel so neurotic about this. Struggling to keep my mind off of the call and carry on with my day, but every time my phone buzzes I have a small heart attack...

Same boat here. Interviewed on Aug 18, haven't heard anything. I am debating to call them to see what's going on. I was told on my interview day, whatever decision it is, it will be released on Oct 16.

Same boat here. Interviewed on Aug 18, haven't heard anything. I am debating to call them to see what's going on. I was told on my interview day, whatever decision it is, it will be released on Oct 16.
Same exact boat. I called and they wouldn't tell me anything other than decisions are released all week. I just assume they will send all rejections out in a mass email at the end of the week. But on our interview day they specifically stated that we would hear either way on the 16th

Last edited:
Let us know what they say if you do! I hope we get something soon... I’d rather know now if I was rejected so I don’t spend the next few days needlessly checking my phone :(

Super happy for everyone who's gotten in! That's awesome. I hope there's movement for the rest of us waiting on II or rejection..the wait is agonizing!

Damn. Waitlisted. Interviewed in August. It's gonna be a long wait...

Waitlisted. Interviewed late September

Aug 18 interview. Silence so far. Has anyone been rejected? I'm wondering if no call plus no waitlist email equals rejected. Good luck y'all.

Speak of the devil, waitlisted. I remember them saying that about half of the people on the waitlist end up with acceptances, so I think pretty promising considering early interviews? Happy to have some closure though, nothing more to fret about until April :).

Waitlisted, interviewed on 9/8.
Can anyone tell me what the waitlist movement is like? is there a way to find out if you are low/high priority on the waitlist?

Same exact boat. I called and they wouldn't tell me anything other than decisions are released all week. I just assume they will send all rejections out in a mass email at the end of the week. But on our interview day they specifically stated that we would hear either way on the 16th
Waitlisted, interviewed on 9/8.
Can anyone tell me what the waitlist movement is like? is there a way to find out if you are low/high priority on the waitlist?

For those who were waitlisted, were you given a call or an email notification? Thanks in advance!

Aug 18 interview. Silence so far. Has anyone been rejected? I'm wondering if no call plus no waitlist email equals rejected. Good luck y'all.
Hey! Same interview date and same post-interview situation here (wonder if we were in the same interview group)! I lost hope in Davis but luckily was admitted somewhere else, or else this Davis silence treatment would drive me insane...

Hey did you guys ever receive a complete email? or is just the green checks in the portal that let you know youre complete?

Hey did you guys ever receive a complete email? or is just the green checks in the portal that let you know youre complete?
I got a complete email 5 days after I submitted the secondary.

What time did people get the call? And has anyone from the 10/06 group heard back yet?

Last edited:
Also rejected, interviewed August 18th. And for any other first time applicants, the email states that they do not provide feedback on why you were rejected :unsure:

Last edited:
Has anyone from the 10/06 group heard back?!

Has anyone from the 10/06 group heard back?!

10/6, got the call 2 hours ago, Accepted!
Raised in the bay area, LM ~76 Incredibly thankful that my first acceptance came from my home state :)

Reactions: 3 users
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone in the PRIME program who got interviewed and ACCEPTED?

Can anybody enlighten me of the waitlist movement at this school? Is there hope? If so, how much hope? What has been the trend in previous years?

Thank you to anyone who can share some wisdom!

Has anyone gotten an email from UCD following the acceptance phone call (details on second look, acceptance deposit, etc..)? Just want to make sure they didn't forget to send me that email after accepting me :p

Coming here next week for interview, any general comments about Davis? :) what did you guys like or dislike?

Has anyone gotten an email from UCD following the acceptance phone call (details on second look, acceptance deposit, etc..)? Just want to make sure they didn't forget to send me that email after accepting me :p
I got 2 emails the next day

Does anyone know if you apply for PRIME are you still eligible for regular decision at UCD?

I applied for the PRIME program at UCD. Does anyone know if I would still be considered for regular admission, too?

Have you gotten anything yet? I think the dean said it’ll come today or within the next days when he called yeaterday

Can anybody enlighten me of the waitlist movement at this school? Is there hope? If so, how much hope? What has been the trend in previous years?

Thank you to anyone who can share some wisdom!

According to Davis and past thread, up to 30% of Davis class is composed of waitlisted students! Lots of movement there so hope should be high!!!