2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
California resident with LizzyM of 81, still no secondary :(

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone's "Secondary Application Materials Completed" section (the one with the 30 day deadline) status change after submitting the secondary? (Or did anyone receive some kind of confirmation that they've received it?) I know the deadline doesn't include LOR, but I still see a red X.

I received the email confirming their receipt and all my boxes are showing the green checkmark now.

Reactions: 1 user
If we are a CA res and verified early june and still haven't got a secondary can we take this as a silent rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say no. I know of plenty of people who applied last cycle and received secondaries from the UCs a month after others. You're not rejected until they email you.
Thank you fellow over applier, LM 70er, CA resident and 6/1/17 verifieder! I hope we get our interviews soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got a secondary July 13 (almost within seconds of received application screen much?) , will submit tonight, god willing.

Would you be able to post the secondary prompts? Or were they in here and I just missed them in my anxiety :X
CA resident re-app, I didn't get a secondary last year so I'm waiting on it this year...

They're posted on the first page :)

1. Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee. (500 characters)

2. Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? (Yes or No)

3. If you answered “yes” to having a connection to Northern or Central California, please explain below. (500 characters)

Experiences
(750 characters or less; carriage return counts as 2 characters)

At UC Davis School of Medicine we realize that each applicant brings diversity and perspective from a broad range of experiences. In this section we give you the opportunity to describe in detail the 3 extracurricular activities or experiences that have been most influential in leading you to a career in medicine. We realize that many applicants have identified key experiences in the main application. However, some do not and others identify less than 3. We apologize for any redundancy - feel free to reproduce the comments from your Primary application and expand on them as appropriate.

Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g., your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc.).

Still no secondary. Verified 6/1. IS with no regional ties.
I am wondering if they have a "strike zone" for the initial wave of secondaries - maybe your LizzyM is too high? Or maybe their first wave is for Central and NorCal only?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone share about how long it took to get a "completed" email? I submitted the secondary several days ago but haven't received a completed email or any confirmation of them receiving my app

Can anyone share about how long it took to get a "completed" email? I submitted the secondary several days ago but haven't received a completed email or any confirmation of them receiving my app
I submitted on the 16th and got the email on the 17th.

IS reapplicant here, no secondary yet. Any reapplicants receive a secondary from UCD?

Submitted 7/12, completed 7/17

Man, people already getting IIs and I'm just sitting here begging for a secondary

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone having trouble with the payment window? When I click the on-line payment link it tells me the site can't be reached

Is anyone else having trouble with the secondary? My prerequisite section won't show up and I can't access the payment portal. It says "admissions.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu took too long to respond."

Is anyone else having trouble with the secondary? My prerequisite section won't show up and I can't access the payment portal. It says "admissions.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu took too long to respond."
Having the same problem! Tried accessing the portal on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Anyone have a fix before I call them? :eek:

I also can't access it! I sent an email but I haven't received a response.

Davis emailed an hour ago to notify me that I have been placed on the Interview Wait-List -- have there been many post-Hold acceptances here in the past? This is one of my dream schools!

LizzyM ~74, IS, complete 7/10

I never received a complete email either and I submitted my stuff on the 11th. Why are some people getting complete emails and others not?

Last edited:
I think so, all the boxes are checked green. But I don't get why some people get email and others do not
My complete email was super late. I submitted the secondary on 7/9 but I only got the complete email on 7/17. Very weird!

I think so, all the boxes are checked green. But I don't get why some people get email and others do not
My complete email was super late. I submitted the secondary on 7/9 but I only got the complete email on 7/17. Very weird!
I also got it very late. Submitted 7/10 and received complete email on 7/17

I haven't even gotten an email yet, so that's why I'm worried

I submitted on 16th and got it 17th and thought that was normal. But from the looks of it they might have just sent all the complete emails on the 17th.

I submitted on 16th and got it 17th and thought that was normal. But from the looks of it they might have just sent all the complete emails on the 17th.

I bet you're right. I submitted on the 18 and haven't gotten an email yet. Thanks for sharing, hopefully they'll send out another batch next week.

For courses required, do we just enter the courses require to satisfy the minimum (one year)? or are we supposed to put all that can count?

I submitted on like 7/9 and haven't gotten a complete email despite the fact that all boxes show green.

OOS, still no secondary.

Although I have ties here, they aren't obvious from my primary (or even implicit, really) :(

How important is it that we attach an "Evidence of Accomplishment" to the Experiences?
I have a letter of recommendation for the Faculty supervisor for a volunteer club but I am not entirely sure if the letter is positive or neutral (or even negative?)
Would it be worth the risk to attach it, or better to leave it as "none"? :(

For those who have submitted, have the days until your application expires continued to decrease? I am getting a little worried because despite having all green check marks I haven't received a complete email

For those who have submitted, have the days until your application expires continued to decrease? I am getting a little worried because despite having all green check marks I haven't received a complete email

Yeah mine has continued to decrease. I would not worry.