2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have submitted, have the days until your application expires continued to decrease? I am getting a little worried because despite having all green check marks I haven't received a complete email

submitted the first day, all green checks, no email...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, commenting to get on this thread.
Submitted secondary, but still haven't received a confirmation email.

IS, LizzyM 63-65.

For those who have submitted, have the days until your application expires continued to decrease? I am getting a little worried because despite having all green check marks I haven't received a complete email

Have you contacted admission in that regards?

Is it too early to request a secondary?

I am currently OOS but lived there for 10 years, completed high school in nor cal, went to a UC undergrad and my parents live in the Bay Area.

I was planning on requesting a secondary and reiterating my ties to the area but don't want to come off too antsy. My primary was verified 6/12.

I am currently OOS but lived there for 10 years, completed high school in nor cal, went to a UC undergrad and my parents live in the Bay Area.

I was planning on requesting a secondary and reiterating my ties to the area but don't want to come off too antsy. My primary was verified 6/12.

I'd recommend looking at last year's thread and seeing how late they gave out secondaries to people who were verified fairly early like you. If we're approaching that date (I honestly have no idea if we are) then I'd say it can't hurt to write a really polite letter telling them all that. Besides you can use it as your draft when you answer their secondary question about connections to Northern California

It very likely will not help you. Davis takes VERY few OOS...like maybe only 2 or 3 a year. And you can bet those 2 or 3 they do take have shown a lot of service to the central valley area, UiM, and/or Davis graduates.

It very likely will not help you. Davis takes VERY few OOS...like maybe only 2 or 3 a year. And you can bet those 2 or 3 they do take have shown a lot of service to the central valley area, UiM, and/or Davis graduates.

I am going to stay positive :) But thank you for the info

I'd recommend looking at last year's thread and seeing how late they gave out secondaries to people who were verified fairly early like you. If we're approaching that date (I honestly have no idea if we are) then I'd say it can't hurt to write a really polite letter telling them all that. Besides you can use it as your draft when you answer their secondary question about connections to Northern California

Ill check it out, thank you

II!! My very first omg I'm so happy
Received on 7/7. completed 7/24

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!! My very first omg I'm so happy
Received on 7/7. completed 7/24

Congrats!! When you say "completed 7/24," is that when your file was complete OR when you received the complete email?

Submitted 7/22! Anyone know how long it takes to get a complete email from Davis?

Congrats!! When you say "completed 7/24," is that when your file was complete OR when you received the complete email?
I completed it on 24th and I didn't receive any email saying they they know its complete. .

btw, if y'all are worried about the count down timer, mine is still counting down even with II.

Last edited:
Two questions:
First, for connections to Northern/Central CA, did you guys use the whole 500 characters? I'm not sure whether I should stick to the bare bones: I grew up here, have lived here for most of my life, or go into more abstract stuff about feeling connected to NorCal.

Second, the activities list is really getting to me. Are they going to actually read the full section from the primary or should I treat my answer in the secondary as though it's the only thing they'll look at?

Two questions:
First, for connections to Northern/Central CA, did you guys use the whole 500 characters? I'm not sure whether I should stick to the bare bones: I grew up here, have lived here for most of my life, or go into more abstract stuff about feeling connected to NorCal.

Second, the activities list is really getting to me. Are they going to actually read the full section from the primary or should I treat my answer in the secondary as though it's the only thing they'll look at?
I kept it pretty bare-bones. I talked about how my parents still live in the region as well.

Last edited:
Two questions:

I just briefly described my connections (living, working, etc.). For the activities, they asked to "expand on them as appropriate," so I took a different angle and elaborated; from their wording, I assumed they will read both the primary and secondary.

Still no secondary for me, SoCal resident...anyone?

Reactions: 3 users
Two questions:

I talked with a student that was accepted last cycle and they advised going beyond the barebones answer. Although the connection may still be enough to land an interview as there is a strong pull for North and Central CA residents.

II! Submitted secondary 7/22, NorCal native.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I didn't put anything on connections to norcal, anyone else in the same sad boat?

I didn't put anything on connections to norcal, anyone else in the same sad boat?
on the primary? yes I feel you. i visit Norcal every school break (ever since I was in elementary school) because my closest relatives live there. they also live super close to Davis and Sacramento so I'm pretty sad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

on the primary? yes I feel you. i visit Norcal every school break (ever since I was in elementary school) because my closest relatives live there. they also live super close to Davis and Sacramento so I'm pretty sad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
There's a space on the secondary to elaborate on connections to NorCal. I'm pretty sure you could elaborate on that information there!

There's a space on the secondary to elaborate on connections to NorCal. I'm pretty sure you could elaborate on that information there!
I feel I should have milked that section more. I'm form the bay and have only lived in California since 12th grade. I feel I should have said I wanted to come back to Cali to practice medicine. Now im super sad :(

That's only if i get a secondary though :/ i still haven't received one yet...

I feel I should have milked that section more. I'm form the bay and have only lived in California since 12th grade. I feel I should have said I wanted to come back to Cali to practice medicine. Now im super sad :(

Lol the word count limited us. I pretty much just mentioned that I lived in NorCal for my whole life and that most of my family is from here. I also added that I dreamed of practicing in the NorCal bc its home to me. I hope I put enough haha

Lol the word count limited us. I pretty much just mentioned that I lived in NorCal for my whole life and that most of my family is from here. I also added that I dreamed of practicing in the NorCal bc its home to me. I hope I put enough haha
Yeah I feel i should have atleast mentioned wanting to practice in CA, hopefully they already feel that way since we're CA residents applying

Reactions: 1 user
Still no secondary for me, SoCal resident...anyone?
Same exact boat... Even though my undergraduate is from a NorCal school, no love from UC Davis. They're the only UC to give me the cold shoulder on secondaries actually...

When should we start contacting Davis if we don't get secondaries? Grew up in NorCal and LizzyM of ~73 :/

Did you claim residency in another state on your primary? In your situation, I would argue you could have claimed California residency. Most schools would credit you having attended high school and college in CA as qualifications for residency. However, this may not be the case if you're non-trad and been out of school for a while. Something to look into.

II! Complete on 7/12. I'm shocked tbh but won't question it!

Reactions: 1 users
@maedae17 I didn't know either, which is why it was totally unexpected. I was halfway convinced it was spam but saw "Interview Invitation" in the subject line...never have I opened an email so fast :)

@maedae17 I didn't know either, which is why it was totally unexpected. I was halfway convinced it was spam but saw "Interview Invitation" in the subject line...never have I opened an email so fast :)

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats and if you are IS or OOS?

Do you guys think applying for the 3 year MD and primary care track gives a better chance

Do you guys think applying for the 3 year MD and primary care track gives a better chance

I think they look at track program applications once you get an acceptance from what I recall.

did the people who got interviews invitations apply as disadvantaged? i heard that disadvantaged applicants get interview invitations later like in january?

When should we start contacting Davis if we don't get secondaries? Grew up in NorCal and LizzyM of ~73 :/

same LizzyM score of 73.3 and all I've gotten from them is an email saying they received my application.

Reactions: 2 users
did the people who got interviews invitations apply as disadvantaged? i heard that disadvantaged applicants get interview invitations later like in january?

That seems odd, why would disadvantaged applicants be put on the backburner?

II just a few hours ago! Complete 7/17. I can't see any available interview dates on the application portal, though. Is anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: 1 users