2017-2018 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to gyngyn there were double digit number of acceptances off the waitlist yesterday. It's not over yet though!

how do you know?? where does it say that?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called the admissions office, and they said they will definitely be accepting more people from the WL but were unable to provide a timeline.

Reactions: 7 users
This question is for current UCSD SOM students. I was only recently accepted so I didn't get the chance to attend second look day, unfortunately.

I was wondering about the school culture. When I was there, it seemed that people seemed very friendly and willing to help out fellow students. Are the classes generally this collaborative?

In addition, do the instructors make themselves available for extra help/extra questions outside of classes? Do the students receive a good amount of individualized attention if needed?

Thanks! :)

This question is for current UCSD SOM students. I was only recently accepted so I didn't get the chance to attend second look day, unfortunately.

I was wondering about the school culture. When I was there, it seemed that people seemed very friendly and willing to help out fellow students. Are the classes generally this collaborative?

In addition, do the instructors make themselves available for extra help/extra questions outside of classes? Do the students receive a good amount of individualized attention if needed?

Thanks! :)

Can't really answer from the perspective of a UCSD med student, I'm an MS4 at NYU and did an away sub-I at UCSD a few months ago... I felt like it was quite cliquey amongst students and residents and the attendings/residents/med students I encountered didn't seem as happy to be there as when I did my rotation at UCSF or even here in new york... just my $.02... obviously you can't extrapolate based off of my one month experiences as a sub intern

Reactions: 1 user
Just called the admissions office, and they said they will definitely be accepting more people from the WL but were unable to provide a timeline.

Did you get a sense of how many they would offer and how many people were still on the waitlist? Wondering whether or not I should be slightly hopeful.

Did you get a sense of how many they would offer and how many people were still on the waitlist? Wondering whether or not I should be slightly hopeful.
Didn't want to come off as pushy, so I didn't ask how many people they plan on accepting. I did feel reassured though because they said "Oh yeah, definitely" when I asked if they were anticipating more movement.

Didn't want to come off as pushy, so I didn't ask how many people they plan on accepting. I did feel reassured though because they said "Oh yeah, definitely" when I asked if they were anticipating more movement.

My best guess is that they'll probably take another 5-10 people off, but I assume that the pool to choose from is somewhere around 150-200 people. So much for hope :/

My best guess is that they'll probably take another 5-10 people off, but I assume that the pool to choose from is somewhere around 150-200 people. So much for hope :/

paneful meme.jpg

Is anyone else signed up for the CTBS summer course? I’m looking forward to it but I’m not sure how many people actually take it.

Does anyone know if another batch of acceptances went out today? Sitting here praying :(

A couple more people were added to the fb page today so I think it's possible they were accepted off the waitlist yesterday. This is such a rough process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone called the office recently? Anxiously waiting and not sure when is the right time to move on...

Personally know an MS1 who was accepted in the first week of June. He already submitted a new cycle and was pre-writing secondaries. Then whoola!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I was recently accepted and I am debating between moving into One Miramar and Mesa. Please post here or PM me if you have any insight/suggestions about housing.

Hi! I was recently accepted and I am debating between moving into One Miramar and Mesa. Please post here or PM me if you have any insight/suggestions about housing.
Sorry! Do you mind if I ask when you were accepted?

Called the admissions office today, and they said movement will be sparse. They have a meeting in mid-June, and it sounds like that will be the end of that.

Reactions: 2 users
According to gyngyn, acceptances are coming out today.

Accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today! Still can’t believe it!

Reactions: 6 users