2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected OOS today. :( Would have loved to live by the mountains again. Had some ties to the state that I unfortunately never got to elaborate on.

Same. Grew up in Denver but wasn't born there or a current resident and wish I'd gotten to expand on my ties to the area.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got waitlisted today post-interview, OOS. No idea what my odds are at this point but if anyone has heard anything regarding the waitlist for this school please let me know. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Man, it'd suck if that's true. I know I'm not entitled to an interview, but I've spent so long building up my application so I can stay in Colorado for medical school. It sucks having to play this game only to get a rejection without knowing what you did wrong.

Yeah, I totally understand that. So sorry to hear, but best of luck with the other schools you've applied to. I'm sure you'll find great succsss and you'll end up where you're meant to be! Same goes for everyone else that just received bad news.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I totally understand that. So sorry to hear, but best of luck with the other schools you've applied to. I'm sure you'll find great succsss and you'll end up where you're meant to be! Same goes for everyone else that just received bad news.
Thanks for the encouragement. Best of luck to you, too!

Was nervous to check my portal - thankfully haven't gotten anything yet. Probably b/c I didn't submit secondary till beginning of September. Still is a relief cos I've gotten slaughtered on the rejection front today.

Got waitlisted today post-interview, OOS. No idea what my odds are at this point but if anyone has heard anything regarding the waitlist for this school please let me know. Best of luck to everyone!
Just curious, what date did you interview?

Thanks for the info!

I interviewed on 9/29.
Yikes I’m a week behind ya. As far as waitlist goes there may be more movement this year because Dr. Z said they’re interviewing less people this year compared to last?

Yikes I’m a week behind ya. As far as waitlist goes there may be more movement this year because Dr. Z said they’re interviewing less people this year compared to last?

Hopefully that's true. I vaguely remember Desiree saying that they don't take too many students from the waitlist but my fingers are crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted yesterday (Best day ever) but still have not received a confirmation email that Dr. Z said I should be getting shortly after she called. How long did it take to receive the email conformation for those of you who have been accepted?

I got mine the next day.

Rejected :( 520 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, in state. I'm at a loss. I really believed I would at least get an interview.

Man, it'd suck if that's true. I know I'm not entitled to an interview, but I've spent so long building up my application so I can stay in Colorado for medical school. It sucks having to play this game only to get a rejection without knowing what you did wrong.
Did you interview at Mayo AZ on 9/29 by any chance?

Sorry to hear, my stats weren't as good but my ECs are and I felt the same, pretty confident I would get an interview. First rejection this cycle that I really actually care about, definitely affecting me...
Sorry to hear.
Best of luck to everyone with IIs from other schools! I get the impression that CUSOM is looking at students with a holistic perspective. hopefully there will be IIs going out soon and fewer rejections in the next batch of announcements.

Also joining the rejection team.
IS. LM 75. Thought I would get some love and at least a II from my state school.

Rejected yesterday, OOS.
Wow, looking at all of these rejected (BEFORE II, mind you) IS stats makes me wonder why I thought I had a chance at this school. If a 99th percentile MCAT, IS residence, and solid gpa doesn’t land an interview at CU, along with (presumptively) average extracurriculars, what does? Can those accepted shed some light?

Reactions: 2 users
The really frustrating thing is I was on their high priority waitlist in a previous cycle when I applied super late with a much weaker application and this year I don't even warrant an interview. I know a lot of well qualified people are in the same boat I just had a lot riding on this one and I can't help but wallow in my misery for a while.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected yesterday. IS, actually work at affiliated hospital, non-trad, 516, 3.8, what the heck does this school want?

Reactions: 4 users
So bizarre. I'm really sorry to hear about all this bad news. It almost seems like yesterday was yield protection day, b/c you all seem to have stellar stats. Best of luck to you all moving forward - I'm sure there will be plenty of offers headed in your directions!

Rejected yesterday, OOS.
Wow, looking at all of these rejected (BEFORE II, mind you) IS stats makes me wonder why I thought I had a chance at this school. If a 99th percentile MCAT, IS residence, and solid gpa doesn’t land an interview at CU, along with (presumptively) average extracurriculars, what does? Can those accepted shed some light?
don't know what they want, but just wanted to share that lower LizzyMs can still get love from CUSOM and have a shot. i have 512/3.89 and got an II last friday.

rejected last night, complete 8/15, OOS, 518 mcat, 3.64, quickly losing hope and dreams

Joining the rejection train! Submitted secondary 8/17, OOS, applied MD/PhD with my measly stats so this one wasn't too much of a surprise. Good luck to everyone else!

just got an email saying my rejection was a mistake and that my application is still under consideration :rofl: best email in this cycle thus far and one more school where i have no idea where i stand!

Reactions: 7 users
just got an email saying my rejection was a mistake and that my application is still under consideration :rofl: best email in this cycle thus far and one more school where i have no idea where i stand!
Could we see what the email looks like? :D

Wow! With some of the stats on yesterday’s reject train, I almost made a joke about this. Crazy it’s actually true! (At least for one person, here’s to a long shot hope that all the rejections yesterday were a mistake lol.)

it was specifically for MSTP applicants so i'm not sure if it applies to MD-only! so i don't want to get anyone's hopes up

Could we see what the email looks like? :D

sorry it was a personalized email but it just said how there was an error in the emails and that all MSTP applicants get word directly from the MSTP admissions, not from the regular MD admissions, so i'm not actually rejected

What does the portal say?

portal still says no interview (hasn't updated since yesterday)

Got the same email lol. Nothing like a rejection of a rejection

My heart can't take this y'all...

me too. so surprised/relieved

I received something similar, but portal still says rejected, so I have no idea what to make of it...

Edit: sounds just like yours. So I wonder what’s up with the MSTP office...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I received something similar, but portal still says rejected, so I have no idea what to make of it...

Edit: sounds just like yours. So I wonder what’s up with the MSTP office...

My portal changed - I still have a 10/25 status update that says no longer under consideration, but then I have a 10/26 update that says I'm under review by the MSTP committee.

My portal changed - I still have a 10/25 status update that says no longer under consideration, but then I have a 10/26 update that says I'm under review by the MSTP committee.

+2

Crazy week

Just to be clear, everyone that got the "our bad" email had applied MSTP? No regular MD applicants got this email?