2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone calls today, can they please ask a new realistic timeline? I am losing sleep over this and my family gave up lol.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm just battered at this point, so i have no hopes or expectations

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a Monday, so they're probably interviewing candidates. I doubt they would have time to manually send out emails. So unless the IT guy fixes the system, we probably won't hear back.

It's a Monday, so they're probably interviewing candidates. I doubt they would have time to manually send out emails. So unless the IT guy fixes the system, we probably won't hear back.
Damn you UIC IT guy!!! You are gonna be my new scapegoat for the time being!

i'm just battered at this point, so i have no hopes or expectations
Don't give up hope, guys. Remember, ~70% acceptance once you get an interview. So the odds are ever in your favor. It's gonna happen. Just gonna take a little longer than expected. Chin up, Wilbur.

I didn't think they had interview days on mondays right? Does anyone know if snail mail has been sent either way?

Is anyone planning on calling today by a certain time?

I didn't think they had interview days on mondays right? Does anyone know if snail mail has been sent either way?

It's hard for me to picture a system where manual emails wouldn't work but snail mail would. But I don't really know how any of this stuff works or what the problem is

II on Friday! Didn't notice it until today. I submitted sometime mid August but I don't know when my CASPER scores were in so I'm not sure when I was complete.

Reactions: 1 users
II on Friday! Didn't notice it until today. I submitted sometime mid August but I don't know when my CASPER scores were in so I'm not sure when I was complete.
I submitted mine on August 18th so I am hoping I will hear something from them soon. All it says right now is "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee." Hopefully I will get an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students let me know which buildings to wander around if I want to talk to some of you the day before my interview? Thanks!!!!

Can any current students let me know which buildings to wander around if I want to talk to some of you the day before my interview? Thanks!!!!

Just FYI there is ample time to talk to current students during the scheduled interview day! More opportunities than I've had at other schools for sure. If you're coming in from out of state, use that time to explore the city. There's tons to do!

Just FYI there is ample time to talk to current students during the scheduled interview day! More opportunities than I've had at other schools for sure. If you're coming in from out of state, use that time to explore the city. There's tons to do!

I like talking to students prior to the interview; I feel a lot less stressed about asking silly questions! :)

I'm actually from the Chicago area, so I'm already pretty familiar with the city! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Well it appears that UIC bamboozled me on Friday when they said we would "for sure hear back on Monday." Did anyone get anything today- email, snail mail, portal updates, etc?

Well it appears that UIC bamboozled me on Friday when they said we would "for sure hear back on Monday." Did anyone get anything today- email, snail mail, portal updates, etc?
I don't think snail mail went out. If you sign up for USPS Informed delivery you can preview your mail for the next day and I haven't seen anything from U of I in my mail yet.

how did you even get in contact with her? I emailed her and she never responded.

This whole situation is really starting to wear on me emotionally. Maybe I'm just being a drama queen.

I don't think snail mail went out. If you sign up for USPS Informed delivery you can preview your mail for the next day and I haven't seen anything from U of I in my mail yet.

how did you even get in contact with her? I emailed her and she never responded.

This whole situation is really starting to wear on me emotionally. Maybe I'm just being a drama queen.

We're all drama queens at this point. This process takes a toll on everyone, you're not alone! I am continuously seeing people getting interviews near my complete date and just refreshing my email waiting for mine. :nailbiting::nailbiting:

We're all drama queens at this point. This process takes a toll on everyone, you're not alone! I am continuously seeing people getting interviews near my complete date and just refreshing my email waiting for mine. :nailbiting::nailbiting:
Thanks a lot man. I really hope you get an interview

Waiting for this possible acceptance feels like when you're trying to get into a car and the driver drives away a few yards just as you get to the handle. Then lets you catch up and just as you think they'll let you in this time, they drive a few yards away again. It's agonizing and I think my family thinks I got rejected and just don't want to admit it

Reactions: 6 users
Waiting for this possible acceptance feels like when you're trying to get into a car and the driver drives away a few yards just as you get to the handle. Then lets you catch up and just as you think they'll let you in this time, they drive a few yards away again. It's agonizing and I think my family thinks I got rejected and just don't want to admit it
same

You guys got interviews. Think about those of us who haven't even gotten interviews. The wait is killing me.

Reactions: 4 users
You guys got interviews. Think about those of us who haven't even gotten interviews. The wait is killing me.
That's true. And I really hope you end up getting an interview. It's just frustrating because they keep telling us that we should know by certain dates and so far have never followed through on that.

That's true. And I really hope you end up getting an interview. It's just frustrating because they keep telling us that we should know by certain dates and so far have never followed through on that.
And when your waiting for that first MD A and the school has a high rate of acceptances.

That said, here is to another day or refreshing all!:scared:

“I am old, Gandalf. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread."

tried but couldn't get in touch..not happy about the communication on all of this especially since they gave us an explicit date
I realize how anxious you guys probably are for a final answer but it's always good to look at things from the other sides perspective. I am not trying tell you something you already know. Just trying to remind you. It's probably not the best idea to treat the dates they gave you as set in stone. The application process can be tedious. There might be chance that they are running late and making progress slower than they expected.

Anyone going to call today?
I just called and could not get a better answer than they will send out acceptances sometime this week. They also said that they are not sending out snail mail this cycle and that everyone who interviewed should hear something this week whether that be acceptance, rejection, or waitlisting.

I just called and could not get a better answer than they will send out acceptances sometime this week. They also said that they are not sending out snail mail this cycle and that everyone who interviewed should hear something this week whether that be acceptance, rejection, or waitlisting.
:sleep::whistle:

Thoughts if we casually were ITA and stopped by? lol

So after getting three specific dates (the 16th, then the 20th, then the 23rd), now it's "sometime this week." Oy vey UIC why you do this

"A final decision was made on your application" in the portal, no email yet. I'll take that as a rejection?

the fact there was a portal update makes me hopeful that their system works again lol

Is it worth calling in and asking for an update? Has anyone gotten any useful information by calling?

People got interview invites (according to this thread), while the "system was down." Maybe there are different systems?

oh you're right...probably different systems. well guess i gotta wait till friday at 5 pm before hearing they pushed the deadline again..

9/21, in state, LizzyM 72
Did your application status went from ""Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee" to "A final decision was made on your application" or was there any other status update in the middle? Also, I don't want to get your hopes up but it sounds to me like you got an interview invite and they just haven't emailed you. You are in-state and your stats are solid. I just think they would want to email you about the interview invite rather than tell you on the portal.

People got interview invites (according to this thread), while the "system was down." Maybe there are different systems?

oh you're right...probably different systems. well guess i gotta wait till friday at 5 pm before hearing they pushed the deadline again..
What do you guys mean by "different systems"? And what system was down and when?

What do you guys mean by "different systems"? And what system was down and when?
Like last week, someone called and asked about when we would find out and the office said their system is down and its preventing them from letting us know the committee's decisions. So basically we know they have made their decisions and its a matter of their system being back up, which they estimated was monday but now its sometime this week.

and i just thought for a second that because someone's portal changed, the system now works but it could also be that there is a different system for IIs. also we were totally speculating so don't take our word 100% lol

Did your application status went from ""Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee" to "A final decision was made on your application" or was there any other status update in the middle? Also, I don't want to get your hopes up but it sounds to me like you got an interview invite and they just haven't emailed you. You are in-state and your stats are solid. I just think they would want to email you about the interview invite rather than tell you on the portal.

it went from being "forwarded" to "under review" to "final decision". And from what I've seen from others, their portal will notify them of their II.