2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...must receive email before freaking out....

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted by email just now!!! LM 77-78, interviewed mid-late September :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! So excited!
Quick question: If we accept and rank campuses, does that mean we are withdrawing from all other schools? Or can we accept and rank for UI COM but wait to make a final decision until April 30th?

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!! So excited!
Quick question: If we accept and rank campuses, does that mean we are withdrawing from all other schools? Or can we accept and rank for UI COM but wait to make a final decision until April 30th?
You can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th if I understand your question. SO YES CLICK THAT ACCEPT ADMISSIONS BUTTON.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!! Interviewed in Oct
IS GPA 3.9 Mcat 515

Reactions: 3 users
You can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th if I understand your question. SO YES CLICK THAT ACCEPT ADMISSIONS BUTTON.

Right, thank you! I know that you can hold multiple acceptances; I just wasn't sure if it matters for this particular school because we're ranking campuses whereas most schools only have one campus.

my portal says accept but i haven't received an email?!?! i already told way too many people so please don't let this be a joke

my portal says accept but i haven't received an email?!?! i already told way too many people so please don't let this be a joke
I am praying they are going from High Lizzy to Low Lizzy in which case it may be awhile for me :/

Got It! Goin down as one of the better days in my life

Last edited:
I just got the email—are we not able to confirm a campus until we’ve paid? I accepted the offer but it looks like I can change my campus choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who were accepted today (first off, CONGRATS!), were you able to submit a payment deposit on the offer acceptance portal? Or do we have to wait until November 5th? Thanks!

To those who were accepted today (first off, CONGRATS!), were you able to submit a payment deposit on the offer acceptance portal? Or do we have to wait until November 5th? Thanks!
We have to wait til 11/5

Reactions: 1 users
FIRST ACCEPTANCE YES!!!!!!! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER UIC! I straight up almost had a MI trying to log onto the portal. Anyways, say hello to the first physician in my family ;)

Edit: Received email. Also, just based on math and some information from a M2 I believe they accepted approximately 89-90 students out of about 128+ (8 interview dates under consideration x 16).

Fast facts:
IS, Re-applicant, WARS 72/73, and interviewed early October!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Quick question for other who just got accepted. I know this sounds kinda stupid, but can someone link me the website to the portal? I've been going on my secondary application website and now I am on the accepted student portal, but is there a different portal I just haven't known about all this time? It says I can check back on the portal to finalize the acceptance of my seat (and I wanna do that like right now), but I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time finding it.

Quick question for other who just got accepted. I know this sounds kinda stupid, but can someone link me the website to the portal? I've been going on my secondary application website and now I am on the accepted student portal, but is there a different portal I just haven't known about all this time? It says I can check back on the portal to finalize the acceptance of my seat (and I wanna do that like right now), but I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time finding it.
This sounds like the Einstein conspiracy all over again lol.

If we are interested in a program that is specific to one of the campuses, is there a way we can somehow include that with our campus preference?

Yay!!! Just came to see all happy people on here. +50ish to the acceptances. Lol.

Accepted here as well. Via email, reapplicant, interviewed mid Sept

ACCEPTED!!!!! No email though, only via portal...

Okay but I'm actually a bit concerned because I never got my initial interview email either, so...

Has anyone else still not gotten an email?

Or is there a general link to accept your acceptance?

hate to be so specific, but did anyone who interviewed last week get accepted? I know they told us our group might be reviewed at November and I'm hoping that's the case...

hate to be so specific, but did anyone who interviewed last week get accepted? I know they told us our group might be reviewed at November and I'm hoping that's the case...

Zero chance because they met on the 19th to make final decisions on applications from early September to early October (last date considered was two weeks ago). Acceptances were supposed to go out earlier but something went wrong.

i spoke with leila today and she said the adcom meets every third Thursday and said the next meeting will be on November 16th! so it'll be a bit of a wait...

Zero chance because they met on the 19th to make final decisions on applications from early September to early October (last date considered was two weeks ago). Acceptances were supposed to go out earlier but something went wrong.
i spoke with leila today and she said the adcom meets every third Thursday and said the next meeting will be on November 16th! so it'll be a bit of a wait...
hallelujah haha would take waiting over a rejection any time of the day

This sounds like the Einstein conspiracy all over again lol.
I figured out what it was. The portal website that shows your status. I just literally have not been going to that site this whole time. Doesn't matter though, I'm in now!!

CONGRATS EVERYONE
so how did you guys submit ur campus references? on the 'offer acceptance' page, i see a drop down menu to choose the campus and the button to certify our technical standards. it just doesnt feel like i submitted properly

CONGRATS EVERYONE
so how did you guys submit ur campus references? on the 'offer acceptance' page, i see a drop down menu to choose the campus and the button to certify our technical standards. it just doesnt feel like i submitted properly
I feel that way too! But at the bottom of my page it says "thank you for accepting the offer". I think we maybe have to wait until we can pay to submit the campus preference.

Hello U of I CoM accepted applicants! I'm a developer here at CoM. The Acceptance Portal Page is a new application where accepted applicants can, among other things, select a preferred site and accept our offer of admission to the program. We are still working out the kinks in the code. In order formally accept our offer, you must fill in your preferred site and click on the grey button stating "I certify that I am able to meet the technical standards of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.". If you don't click this button, you have not formally accepted. We are also waiting on an bursar's account into which online acceptance payments can be made. This is the reason that you will need to return to this application to pay at a later date, tentatively estimated to be November 5th at this point. We are changing the introductory message on the web page to better communicate the required button click.

Hello U of I CoM accepted applicants! I'm a developer here at CoM. The Acceptance Portal Page is a new application where accepted applicants can, among other things, select a preferred site and accept our offer of admission to the program. We are still working out the kinks in the code. In order formally accept our offer, you must fill in your preferred site and click on the grey button stating "I certify that I am able to meet the technical standards of the University of Illinois College of Medicine.". If you don't click this button, you have not formally accepted. We are also waiting on an bursar's account into which online acceptance payments can be made. This is the reason that you will need to return to this application to pay at a later date, tentatively estimated to be November 5th at this point. We are changing the introductory message on the web page to better communicate the required button click.

Hey just curious will UIC continue to send decisions today? Called yesterday and they said they would send mine by today but the tone of this post made it seem that UIC is done for now.

So, I'm not an admissions officer, but I do know that they are far from done with our offers, so there's still plenty of time left. The offers job runs daily at 5pm. Yesterday had two runs because we were testing things.

Hahaha I laughed out loud that there's an IT person following this thread after all the sht talking about the system kinks. :whistle: The irony is worth all the waiting. I still love yall btw.

Accepted yesterday around 5pm! OOS

Hahaha I laughed out loud that there's an IT person following this thread after all the sht talking about the system kinks. :whistle: The irony is worth all the waiting. I still love yall btw.

Hrrrrmmm...I really haven't been following the thread, but...

Nah, it's fine. I know you guys are on pins and needles. They've got approximately 8000 applications to go through, so things take time. Good luck!

So I just went on to services.com.uic.edu/applicantportal, I selected my campus and I clicked the certification button after selecting "without accomodations". Just beneath the button, it says "Congratulations on your University of Illinois College of Medicine admission. Please carefully review the information on this page. To formally accept our offer of admission, please click on the certification button above. Once you accept, the confirmation page will display. Online payment will be available after November 5, 2017; please check back on the portal to finalize acceptance of your seat."

I was never taken to a confirmation page and nothing on the page changed to reflect the fact that I've accepted the offer of admission. Is this normal?

So I just went on to services.com.uic.edu/applicantportal, I selected my campus and I clicked the certification button after selecting "without accomodations". Just beneath the button, it says "Congratulations on your University of Illinois College of Medicine admission. Please carefully review the information on this page. To formally accept our offer of admission, please click on the certification button above. Once you accept, the confirmation page will display. Online payment will be available after November 5, 2017; please check back on the portal to finalize acceptance of your seat."

I was never taken to a confirmation page and nothing on the page changed to reflect the fact that I've accepted the offer of admission. Is this normal?

Yes, I called and the woman who picked up said nothing happens until we submit payment, which can only happen November 5th.

OK guys, I'm back like a bad rash. We'll be sending out a mass email soon to all of the applicants that we have made an offer to so far, but for those of you who frequent this forum, there was a bug in the production applicant portal code that did not occur in our development environment. With the help of one of the accepted applicants, we were able to track down the problem, and everyone who tried to accept will now be actually able to accept our offer of admission to the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Since we are still waiting on confirmation of the account that we can use to allow acceptance payment, you'll all still need to return and pay the fee to actually officially hold your seat. Sorry about the inconvenience.

P.S. We are just informing the admissions office of this now, so they were not aware of the specifics of the issue before.

That feeling when you get to withdraw from nearly 50% of your remaining schools :soexcited:

OK guys, I'm back like a bad rash. We'll be sending out a mass email soon to all of the applicants that we have made an offer to so far, but for those of you who frequent this forum, there was a bug in the production applicant portal code that did not occur in our development environment. With the help of one of the accepted applicants, we were able to track down the problem, and everyone who tried to accept will now be actually able to accept our offer of admission to the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Since we are still waiting on confirmation of the account that we can use to allow acceptance payment, you'll all still need to return and pay the fee to actually officially hold your seat. Sorry about the inconvenience.

P.S. We are just informing the admissions office of this now, so they were not aware of the specifics of the issue before.
Thank you! I was able to submit and I was taken to the confirmation page. One thing: I'm not able to see my campus preference selection anymore. I was playing with the campus selection drop down page earlier and I'm not entirely sure I submitted the correct campus. Is there any way to check?

Thank you! I was able to submit and I was taken to the confirmation page. One thing: I'm not able to see my campus preference selection anymore. I was playing with the campus selection drop down page earlier and I'm not entirely sure I submitted the correct campus. Is there any way to check?

There will be. Good idea.

Does anyone know approximately when we find out which campus we will go to? I love this school and UIC is definitely where I want to go but....specifically Chicago. Being in the Peoria or Rockford campus would not be quite the same

MSTP INTERVIEW INVITE TODAYYYYY *crying*

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know approximately when we find out which campus we will go to? I love this school and UIC is definitely where I want to go but....specifically Chicago. Being in the Peoria or Rockford campus would not be quite the same
We were told once you make your selection, you will be informed within 2-3 weeks which campus you're assigned to. But that at the beginning (this first wave of acceptances), pretty much everyone gets their campus of choice.