-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Definitely not applying here anymoreIf I get one more spam email from this place I didn’t even apply to, I’m going to lose my ****.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten 10 emails for no reason. I didn’t even apply here. This is annoying
That is what diversity is about. Guys who didn't apply receive 20 emails in one day. Silence for the applicants.I have gotten 10 emails for no reason. I didn’t even apply here. This is annoying
D
deleted682597
Hey guys, I’m a current first year student at Vandy, and I have some news about the emails. I reached out to the admissions folks, and they told me that there was a glitch in the system that caused the emails to keep resending. They told me the issue should be resolved, but you may want to reach out to admissions if you are still receiving those emails. In the meantime, if you have any questions about VUSM, please shoot me a message!
So like many people I didn't apply to Vandy but kept getting the emails saying to apply. I actually never really considered it because I'm from Michigan and want to stay in-state to keep tuition costs down but I thought what the hell and sent them my AMCAS. I received a secondary almost immediately, but from reading this thread it seems they pre-screen? Do most applicants receive the secondary?
I did not apply to Vandy MD and got a few emails too on Friday. I did apply their MSTP, so far no II yet. Does this indicate a rejection from their MSTP?
probably means u have to retake CASPR
rejected today, best of luck everyone
I'm sorry about the rejection. When did you submit your primary? It's been over two months for me, but I still haven't heard anything from Vandy, so I'm not feeling too confident about it at the moment. I'm just curious about the timing.
So like many people I didn't apply to Vandy but kept getting the emails saying to apply. I actually never really considered it because I'm from Michigan and want to stay in-state to keep tuition costs down but I thought what the hell and sent them my AMCAS. I received a secondary almost immediately, but from reading this thread it seems they pre-screen? Do most applicants receive the secondary?
I think in years past they had a more difficult screen, but I think the consensus is that this year it's a hybrid screen. That is, you'll receive a secondary almost automatically if your numbers are above some threshold (I don't know what), and if you're not, they'll look more closely at your app and decide whether or not to send you a secondary. FWIW, I also received a secondary within 5 hours of receiving their e-mail saying "Application Received (2018)."
Submitted primary on 6/1 and verified a little after thatI'm sorry about the rejection. When did you submit your primary? It's been over two months for me, but I still haven't heard anything from Vandy, so I'm not feeling too confident about it at the moment. I'm just curious about the timing.
Did anyone else get an email from here asking you to apply to contribute to the diversity of the school? I honestly don't see the point because I'm definitely not competitive enough for Vandy (LM 70 with an MCAT 3 points lower than their 10th percentile).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They had a glitch in the system and sent tons and tons and tons of emails out to people applying and to people who didn’t apply.Did anyone else get an email from here asking you to apply to contribute to the diversity of the school? I honestly don't see the point because I'm definitely not competitive enough for Vandy (LM 70 with an MCAT 3 points lower than their 10th percentile).
I know they had a glitch because they sent me the same email 6 times.. but I think they intended to send me an email because they included my name in it and I do come from a background that would enhance the school's diversity.They had a glitch in the system and sent tons and tons and tons of emails out to people applying and to people who didn’t apply.
I know they had a glitch because they sent me the same email 6 times.. but I think they intended to send me an email because they included my name in it and I do come from a background that would enhance the school's diversity.
They sent one to me (actually, seven), and I already applied in July and will not be adding anything in terms of easily discernible diversity. If you like the school you should certainly apply - they screen heavily so you won’t lose secondary fees unless they are interested in you. But I would take the email with a grain of salt.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Aren't the next round of II's about to come out?
Yah they're supposed to come out today around 3-4 est
The suspense is killer. At least Vandy is kind enough to be open about when they send II'sYah they're supposed to come out today around 3-4 est
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
Same lol. And I literally got my secondary/submitted it yesterday.I don't have the clock symbol on my portal, does that mean anything?
I do not know. I have the clock, and I always have. I think the threads are pretty inconclusive on what the presence of the clock does and does not meanI don't have the clock symbol on my portal, does that mean anything?
When did you get complete?I don't have the clock symbol on my portal, does that mean anything?
Same lol. And I literally got my secondary/submitted it yesterday.
Congrats on the secondary! Mind sharing when you were verified?
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
So I decided to apply on 10/7. Got an email a few days later telling me that they had sent me a secondary on the same day, which surprised me. My LizzyM is 74 with a 515 MCAT, so I didn't think I would pass the auto screen. But anyway, actually got access on 10/11.Congrats on the secondary! Mind sharing when you were verified?
Last week of JulyWhen did you get complete?
where did you find the information about when they send out the IIs?The suspense is killer. At least Vandy is kind enough to be open about when they send II's
where did you find the information about when they send out the IIs?
Just looking at thread and talking to my friends (and from when my own II came), they seem to send IIs on Fridays (and it seems to be every other Friday)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth contacting Vandy admissions office since haven't heard back (was AMCAS verified 8/27) either way. Definitely wouldn't have met their automatic screen, but thought I had a solid app otherwise.
Or should I just be patient and play the waiting game?
Or should I just be patient and play the waiting game?
Anyone get an II?
Just got an II today! Complete 9/18
What dates were available?Just got an II today! Complete 9/18
What dates were available?
Multiple days (like 5-8?) in October, November, and December. They were mostly on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Cool. Do you mind sharing stats?Multiple days (like 5-8?) in October, November, and December. They were mostly on Mondays and Wednesdays.
II today. Only December dates were available for me.
II today. Only December dates were available for me.
II today! December dates as well.
Anything is possible but I doubt it.Is there any chance they will send IIs today or is always every other week?
I've been complete since mid July and still haven't heard anythinganyone else get marked complete in very early August and not hear anything? Do they go chrono or is like the other schools where they have some weird system of review?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard back after being complete mid-Sept (LM ~77) so don't think it is strictly chronological, sorry. Hope you hear good news soon.anyone else get marked complete in very early August and not hear anything? Do they go chrono or is like the other schools where they have some weird system of review?
Everyone ready for the next round of IIs?
Why do I feel like all pre-secondary rejections will come out tomorrow?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Why do I feel like all pre-secondary rejections will come out tomorrow?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Now that you've said that.... haha well let's hope for the best
Have they sent out rejections/do they send out pre-II rejections?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

