2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received and submitted the secondary application today, the only issue is that after I submitted I noticed that I must have clicked on the margins and changed my answer to one of the questions. For pronouns rather than he/him/his, it was she/her/hers, does this warrant an email to the admissions office?

Members don't see this ad.

What did the complete e-mail say? I just submitted, and immediately got an e-mail that said "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application," but with everyone saying that it took awhile to become complete, is this the complete email or just something I got because I submitted?

What did the complete e-mail say? I just submitted, and immediately got an e-mail that said "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application," but with everyone saying that it took awhile to become complete, is this the complete email or just something I got because I submitted?
Yeah, not the same as the complete e-mail people are talking about. The complete e-mail will say "your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 7/14 but still no complete email...but the person above submitted 7/15. Einstein pls

Reactions: 1 users
I got my complete email 3 days after submission back in July so must be that they're getting busier now

Been about a week since my application was verified, but have not received the secondary yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone else having problems with the profile picture uploader?

EDIT: Switched from Safari to Chrome and my picture uploaded successfully

Anyone happen to get more than one identical complete e-mail? Submitted 7/15, but got the same e-mail on 8/7 and 8/8.

FINALLY complete today 8/13 after submitting and having all my letters in by 7/18... Can confirm Einstein takes a bit to mark people complete!

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on Einstein, I submitted on the 14th with everything and have yet to receive a complete e-mail.

Update: Just received the complete e-mail. This adcom is pretty much like the DMV in Zootopia.

Reactions: 15 users
I got an email they day I submitted the secondary that just read, "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application." Is this the complete email everyone is fussing about? Hear I was thinking I was complete 3 weeks ago but after seeing everyone here complaining about the slow process I'm wondering if I am actually complete!

I got an email they day I submitted the secondary that just read, "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application." Is this the complete email everyone is fussing about? Hear I was thinking I was complete 3 weeks ago but after seeing everyone here complaining about the slow process I'm wondering if I am actually complete!
I don't think so. Mine says "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Reactions: 1 user
no, there's one other email!

I don't think so. Mine says "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

I got this email just now and submitted 7/19, almost a month later. Wonder why it seems to be taking so long

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason. I got my complete email the day my letters were in and this was relatively late (school committee just got them in last week)

How long did it take for everyone to receive their secondary after they were verified? It's been several days and I haven't received anything.

How long did it take for everyone to receive their secondary after they were verified? It's been several days and I haven't received anything.

I was verified 7/25 and received my secondary 8/1. Hang in there, it's coming soon!

So in my situation where my secondary was submitted over a month ago but my committee letter was just recently submitted, I won't be officially "complete" at Einstein for another month cause they take forever?

So in my situation where my secondary was submitted over a month ago but my committee letter was just recently submitted, I won't be officially "complete" at Einstein for another month cause they take forever?
I guess so, but remember that they take forever for everyone. So, I think it is slightly pre-apocalyptic to think you're a whole other month later -- compared to other schools, sure, but compared to other applicants who will have all materials in at the same time? I'd think you'd be on par with them for completion as far as Einstein's timing is concerned.

Anyway, in the same vein as @gonnif 's oft-shared sentiment: it is what it is -- no use worrying about it now! :)

I submitted my secondary like right after I got it ( around 7/6) and my committee letter was just uploaded last week and I was marked complete at Einstein the day after. Einstein was actually the first school where I was complete. So its definitely variable

I submitted my secondary 8/3 and everything else should be in before then (assigned individual LORs on AMCAS on 7/26), but still haven't gotten a complete email yet, should I email?

Be prepared for a wait. Last year I submitted my secondary in September and didn’t get a complete email until nov/dec. since we’re not that far in yet it should be earlier

Be prepared for a wait. Last year I submitted my secondary in September and didn’t get a complete email until nov/dec. since we’re not that far in yet it should be earlier

Yea that's why I'm thinking mid-September for a complete status. Oh well, it is what it is. I have 30+ other schools where I'm complete at to worry about instead lol.

On a side note, it makes no sense why they take forever to complete applications. Like it's literally an automatic system at some schools. I received a complete email from one school mere minutes after AMCAS received my committee letter.

Yea that's why I'm thinking mid-September for a complete status. Oh well, it is what it is. I have 30+ other schools where I'm complete at to worry about instead lol.

On a side note, it makes no sense why they take forever to complete applications. Like it's literally an automatic system at some schools. I received a complete email from one school mere minutes after AMCAS received my committee letter.
I don’t think this school has an automatic system. I’m pretty sure they manually mark you as complete which is why it’s taking forever

I guess so, but remember that they take forever for everyone. So, I think it is slightly pre-apocalyptic to think you're a whole other month later -- compared to other schools, sure, but compared to other applicants who will have all materials in at the same time? I'd think you'd be on par with them for completion as far as Einstein's timing is concerned.

Anyway, in the same vein as @gonnif 's oft-shared sentiment: it is what it is -- no use worrying about it now! :)

Lol, I guess I got really lucky then.

Einstein recently informed me that my application was complete even though my LoR was submitted just a few days ago.
:):soexcited::bow::banana:

Can anyone clarify the LOR requirements? I got a committee packet and out of the 22 schools I've applied to, only one didn't accept it because almost none of my original LOR that were attached to the committee packet were signed AND on official letterhead (most were one or the other). Anyone know if Einstein will accept the committee packet as my letter or if they'll put up a fuss since the attached letters aren't signed AND on official letterhead?

Can anyone clarify the LOR requirements? I got a committee packet and out of the 22 schools I've applied to, only one didn't accept it because almost none of my original LOR that were attached to the committee packet were signed AND on official letterhead (most were one or the other). Anyone know if Einstein will accept the committee packet as my letter or if they'll put up a fuss since the attached letters aren't signed AND on official letterhead?

I haven't seen my committee letter (obviously) but I am somewhat sure that the individual letters that were submitted to my committee WEREN'T on official letterhead (though they were definitely hand-signed). And I was just marked complete by Einstein today. I haven't had a single issue with my committee letter (its the only one on AMCAS too) at any of my schools, so far.

II just now
I was literally just checking up on this thread to see if any IIs had gone out yet... Kind of in shock
Stats: 3.8/519

EDIT: Complete 7/13

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II just now
I was literally just checking up on this thread to see if any IIs had gone out yet... Kind of in shock
Stats: 3.8/519

EDIT: Complete 7/13
Out of curiosity, does it say anything on your portal? The portal is kind of bare-bones and I haven't found anywhere to check status, so I'm just wondering if it stays like that the whole time or what.

Out of curiosity, does it say anything on your portal? The portal is kind of bare-bones and I haven't found anywhere to check status, so I'm just wondering if it stays like that the whole time or what.
No, I don't see any updates on the original portal. The II email has a new portal that you use to schedule your interview.

Reactions: 4 users
II early today!! Completed on July 3rd, LM 67, OOS

Reactions: 9 users
Secondary submitted 7/23
Complete email 8/21

II just now! Complete 7/20 OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! When you say “completed”, are you talking about when you got the seconde-mail from the school?
I mean completed as in when i submitted my secondary! I did send in my secondary the same day i received it though

II 30 MIN AGO, CRYING BC SO HAPPY!!
Complete: 7/11, IS resident

Reactions: 12 users