2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school accept ITA requests? If so, where should I send them?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing at Hofstra on October 1. Application complete at Einstein. Should I consider an ITA request? Plane tickets are expensive & I wanna get the most bang for my $ if possible.
Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back

Members don't see this ad :)
Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back
On google maps, It shows that they are 25 miles away from each other. That has to be considered relatively close.

I'm not a new yorker but isn't there a subway/train for that? Plane tickets are expensive whether you can afford them or not

On google maps, It shows that they are 25 miles away from each other. That has to be considered relatively close.

I don't care where you are in the world. 25 miles is close. I've dealt with LA traffic my whole life; I believe I've earned the right to say this.

Reactions: 2 users

Well, realistically it’s like a subway, the LIRR, and an Uber. That’s if you walk from Einstein to the 2 train and forgo a bus. About a 2.5 hour trip if you don’t miss anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, realistically it’s like a subway, the LIRR, and an Uber. That’s if you walk from Einstein to the 2 train and forgo a bus. About a 2.5 hour trip if you don’t miss anything.
Yeah. Honestly, I just spent over $300 on a plane ticket to JFK airport. It would be nice not to have to spend that again if I can avoid it. Idk why it's so expensive to fly from Michigan tho... Maybe it's just a bad time of year for flying?

Yeah. Honestly, I just spent over $300 on a plane ticket to JFK airport. It would be nice not to have to spend that again if I can avoid it. Idk why it's so expensive to fly from Michigan tho... Maybe it's just a bad time of year for flying?

New York is expensive lol

Definitely could be worth a shot if you try explaining how expensive the flight was and you couldnt afford it again. I just wanted to caution that having grown up in the NYC area they wouldn't be considered "in the area" of one another. Maybe ADCOMS are more understanding knowing people are coming from all over the country

Not really the issue- if you're flying to New York from out of state, especially from the opposite coast, you are indeed "in the area". That's what these requests are for- an attempt to help applicants save on travel inconveniences and costs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for a complete email after submitting their secondary in early August? I submitted mine 8/7, but still nothing

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still waiting for a complete email after submitting their secondary in early August? I submitted mine 8/7, but still nothing

Submitted my secondary in late July and just got the complete email yesterday

Hey! Has anyone looked back at the LOR part of applications in the secondary after submitting? Through AMCAS I designated 3 LOR to this school, only two show up in the portal and it just so happens they aren't the 2 required letters from Einstein (only 1 of the required + my 3rd extra letter). Idk if this is just how the portal randomly assigns writer identities and I am okay, or if I need to contact the school.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to bother admissions but on the other hand if there is an issue I would like to be proactive about resolving it

Hey! Has anyone looked back at the LOR part of applications in the secondary after submitting? Through AMCAS I designated 3 LOR to this school, only two show up in the portal and it just so happens they aren't the 2 required letters from Einstein (only 1 of the required + my 3rd extra letter). Idk if this is just how the portal randomly assigns writer identities and I am okay, or if I need to contact the school.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to bother admissions but on the other hand if there is an issue I would like to be proactive about resolving it
I would think this is the kind of thing only admissions can answer for you definitively!

Just got a complete email today after submitting almost 7 weeks ago...wtf

am i the only one who got the complete email the day I was actually complete? their processing seems so random. also no report of Md only II in a while, yea?

am i the only one who got the complete email the day I was actually complete? their processing seems so random. also no report of Md only II in a while, yea?

are you sure the email you got wasn't the "completed secondary application" email? There's another one that comes with the subject "EINSTEIN - COMPLETED APPLICATION" If that's the one you got same day then yup seems like you're one of the lucky ones!

Sorry I was misspoken. I got the completed application like ~6 days after they would have received my committee packet (most of my apps were held up because my school doesnt release letters until late july). I doubt it makes a difference tho because silence since :/

still no complete email from submitting 8/6

I got a complete email today, after submitting everything in late July. So maybe they are starting to really review normal MD applicants? Hang in there everyone!

I got a complete email today, after submitting everything in late July. So maybe they are starting to really review normal MD applicants? Hang in there everyone!
Wait haven’t some md II gone out already though

Yes they have. My best friend who applied last cycle got a II here on 8/18. They may be a bit slower this year but I doubt significantly slower
Ah man. They’re already pretty slow. At that rate, I wonder if we can expect any news by Christmas haha

Submitted 7/27 and just got the complete email today lmao

I stopped obsessively checking my portals so I honestly didn’t even realize I wasn’t complete yet

Submitted 7/27 and just got the complete email today lmao

I stopped obsessively checking my portals so I honestly didn’t even realize I wasn’t complete yet
Yay on being complete! I am not sure where I can check my portal that shows that I am complete or not? When I log in it just shows the secondary application that I submitted, but nothing else is available.

Yay on being complete! I am not sure where I can check my portal that shows that I am complete or not? When I log in it just shows the secondary application that I submitted, but nothing else is available.
Yeah mine had that status too so you probably aren’t complete yet. I just checked my email and got the notification from them

Yeah mine had that status too so you probably aren’t complete yet. I just checked my email and got the notification from them
Thanks for clarifying! I haven't receive a complete email yet, so that make sense.

I only have a secondary application submitted date on the portal and only an email from them that the secondary is complete. Does Einstein send out a separate email when everything is complete and ready for review?
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.

I only have a secondary application submitted date on the portal and only an email from them that the secondary is complete. Does Einstein send out a separate email when everything is complete and ready for review?
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.

Yes, you will get a separate email saying "EINSTEIN - COMPLETED APPLICATION" but it seems to be taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks from completion date to get that email. It seems that they are doing it manually and that's why it's taking so long.

They send out a separate complete email. It takes them quite a while to mark each applicant as complete once they've submitted all the required material.

MD II just now. Sent 2ndry mid-late July. Complete email late August

MD II this afternoon as well! Complete 8/22, LM 69, OOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friendly reminder to everyone to check to see where you'll be interviewing and to send an email confirming where you want to check in!

Sent an ITA and they essentially said to only reach out to them if offered an interview. Just an FYI :)

Submitted materials 7/30. Under review today 9/20. IS

Complete email today. Secondary submitted August 2nd. Hopefully this helps everyone who are still waiting for the email

Does Einstein review completed applications in chronological order? I got a application complete email in mid-late July and was wondering if I've been passed over

Sorry if someone already posted about this, but:
Does the "interview day" literally just consist of one interview during the time you scheduled it? If so, that's whack

Does Einstein review completed applications in chronological order? I got a application complete email in mid-late July and was wondering if I've been passed over
nothing to add to the thread, just wanted to say how much I love your avatar hahaha