You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+3 2º submitted July 24 & "complete" today lolJust got the complete email even though I've had everything in since the day I got the secondary in July lol
Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly backInterviewing at Hofstra on October 1. Application complete at Einstein. Should I consider an ITA request? Plane tickets are expensive & I wanna get the most bang for my $ if possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On google maps, It shows that they are 25 miles away from each other. That has to be considered relatively close.Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back
D
deleted787552
Ya but that’s like light years away in New York time lolOn google maps, It shows that they are 25 miles away from each other. That has to be considered relatively close.
The point is that it is within the area. If you live in say in California, that'd be saving a significant amount of money.Ya but that’s like light years away in New York time lol
I'm not a new yorker but isn't there a subway/train for that? Plane tickets are expensive whether you can afford them or notHofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back
On google maps, It shows that they are 25 miles away from each other. That has to be considered relatively close.
I don't care where you are in the world. 25 miles is close. I've dealt with LA traffic my whole life; I believe I've earned the right to say this.
Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back
Well, realistically it’s like a subway, the LIRR, and an Uber. That’s if you walk from Einstein to the 2 train and forgo a bus. About a 2.5 hour trip if you don’t miss anything.
Yeah. Honestly, I just spent over $300 on a plane ticket to JFK airport. It would be nice not to have to spend that again if I can avoid it. Idk why it's so expensive to fly from Michigan tho... Maybe it's just a bad time of year for flying?Well, realistically it’s like a subway, the LIRR, and an Uber. That’s if you walk from Einstein to the 2 train and forgo a bus. About a 2.5 hour trip if you don’t miss anything.
Yeah. Honestly, I just spent over $300 on a plane ticket to JFK airport. It would be nice not to have to spend that again if I can avoid it. Idk why it's so expensive to fly from Michigan tho... Maybe it's just a bad time of year for flying?
New York is expensive lol
Definitely could be worth a shot if you try explaining how expensive the flight was and you couldnt afford it again. I just wanted to caution that having grown up in the NYC area they wouldn't be considered "in the area" of one another. Maybe ADCOMS are more understanding knowing people are coming from all over the country
7
700458
Not really the issue- if you're flying to New York from out of state, especially from the opposite coast, you are indeed "in the area". That's what these requests are for- an attempt to help applicants save on travel inconveniences and costs.Hofstra and Einstein are nowhere near one another. Id say at least 2 hours from Long Island to the Bronx. I know New York may all seem like one place to people who are from out of town but I'd be hesitant to send an ITA request. Unless maybe you're west coast/ international or really couldn't afford to fly back
MSTP II. Complete 8/20
MSTP II. Complete 8/20
+1 Complete 8/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone still waiting for a complete email after submitting their secondary in early August? I submitted mine 8/7, but still nothing
Submitted my secondary in late July and just got the complete email yesterday
Hey! Has anyone looked back at the LOR part of applications in the secondary after submitting? Through AMCAS I designated 3 LOR to this school, only two show up in the portal and it just so happens they aren't the 2 required letters from Einstein (only 1 of the required + my 3rd extra letter). Idk if this is just how the portal randomly assigns writer identities and I am okay, or if I need to contact the school.
Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to bother admissions but on the other hand if there is an issue I would like to be proactive about resolving it
Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to bother admissions but on the other hand if there is an issue I would like to be proactive about resolving it
MSTP II earlier today
7
700458
I would think this is the kind of thing only admissions can answer for you definitively!Hey! Has anyone looked back at the LOR part of applications in the secondary after submitting? Through AMCAS I designated 3 LOR to this school, only two show up in the portal and it just so happens they aren't the 2 required letters from Einstein (only 1 of the required + my 3rd extra letter). Idk if this is just how the portal randomly assigns writer identities and I am okay, or if I need to contact the school.
Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to bother admissions but on the other hand if there is an issue I would like to be proactive about resolving it
Dr. Mike Trout
Full Member
Just got a complete email today after submitting almost 7 weeks ago...wtf
am i the only one who got the complete email the day I was actually complete? their processing seems so random. also no report of Md only II in a while, yea?
am i the only one who got the complete email the day I was actually complete? their processing seems so random. also no report of Md only II in a while, yea?
are you sure the email you got wasn't the "completed secondary application" email? There's another one that comes with the subject "EINSTEIN - COMPLETED APPLICATION" If that's the one you got same day then yup seems like you're one of the lucky ones!
Sorry I was misspoken. I got the completed application like ~6 days after they would have received my committee packet (most of my apps were held up because my school doesnt release letters until late july). I doubt it makes a difference tho because silence since :/
still no complete email from submitting 8/6
I got a complete email today, after submitting everything in late July. So maybe they are starting to really review normal MD applicants? Hang in there everyone!
D
deleted787552
Wait haven’t some md II gone out already thoughI got a complete email today, after submitting everything in late July. So maybe they are starting to really review normal MD applicants? Hang in there everyone!
Wait haven’t some md II gone out already though
Yes they have. My best friend who applied last cycle got a II here on 8/18. They may be a bit slower this year but I doubt significantly slower
D
deleted787552
Ah man. They’re already pretty slow. At that rate, I wonder if we can expect any news by Christmas hahaYes they have. My best friend who applied last cycle got a II here on 8/18. They may be a bit slower this year but I doubt significantly slower
samestill no complete email from submitting 8/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/27 and just got the complete email today lmao
I stopped obsessively checking my portals so I honestly didn’t even realize I wasn’t complete yet
I stopped obsessively checking my portals so I honestly didn’t even realize I wasn’t complete yet
Yay on being complete! I am not sure where I can check my portal that shows that I am complete or not? When I log in it just shows the secondary application that I submitted, but nothing else is available.Submitted 7/27 and just got the complete email today lmao
I stopped obsessively checking my portals so I honestly didn’t even realize I wasn’t complete yet
Yeah mine had that status too so you probably aren’t complete yet. I just checked my email and got the notification from themYay on being complete! I am not sure where I can check my portal that shows that I am complete or not? When I log in it just shows the secondary application that I submitted, but nothing else is available.
Thanks for clarifying! I haven't receive a complete email yet, so that make sense.Yeah mine had that status too so you probably aren’t complete yet. I just checked my email and got the notification from them
I only have a secondary application submitted date on the portal and only an email from them that the secondary is complete. Does Einstein send out a separate email when everything is complete and ready for review?
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.
I only have a secondary application submitted date on the portal and only an email from them that the secondary is complete. Does Einstein send out a separate email when everything is complete and ready for review?
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.
Yes, you will get a separate email saying "EINSTEIN - COMPLETED APPLICATION" but it seems to be taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks from completion date to get that email. It seems that they are doing it manually and that's why it's taking so long.
They send out a separate complete email. It takes them quite a while to mark each applicant as complete once they've submitted all the required material.I only have a secondary application submitted date on the portal and only an email from them that the secondary is complete. Does Einstein send out a separate email when everything is complete and ready for review?
At this point, I don't have anything missing from my application so I don't know why I haven't gotten a complete email.
Just checked my email. Where is my II?MD II just now. Sent 2ndry mid-late July. Complete email late August
JK congrats!!MD II just now. Sent 2ndry mid-late July. Complete email late August
jerryhester23
Full Member
MD II this afternoon as well! Complete 8/22, LM 69, OOS
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[
You mean complete? How do you know youre under review
Submitted materials 7/30. Under review today 9/20. IS
You mean complete? How do you know youre under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[
You mean complete? How do you know youre under review
Yes, complete. Although the email says now is when the prelim review begins.
Complete email today. Secondary submitted August 2nd. Hopefully this helps everyone who are still waiting for the email
Does Einstein review completed applications in chronological order? I got a application complete email in mid-late July and was wondering if I've been passed over
nothing to add to the thread, just wanted to say how much I love your avatar hahahaDoes Einstein review completed applications in chronological order? I got a application complete email in mid-late July and was wondering if I've been passed over
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K