2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I just noticed MSAR data shows that they didn't have any TX residents represented in their class. Is that reflective of the idea that they are one of the schools that looks unfavorably upon TX residents because they feel we will always pick a TX school if accepted? TLDR; is it worth applying as a Texas resident?
Well I'm a first year here and I know at least one classmate from Texas so they do accept Texans.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted secondary 7/14 and was marked complete on 8/3. Hopefully I get an interview!!

II TODAYYYY! OOS and submitted on 07/09 and completed maybe few days after.

Reactions: 2 users
Does Drexel review apps chronologically?

II this morning! Complete 07/23, OOS applicant. Can’t schedule yet tho bc my flight’s about to take off lol

edit: invite was in my spam folder

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II !! LM 70-72 Complete 7/4
First one lets goooo

Anyone look at this doc for post-II acceptance? Drexel seems a bit high considering iirc their average was ~50% before this year. Need confirmation.

Anyone look at this doc for post-II acceptance? Drexel seems a bit high considering iirc their average was ~50% before this year. Need confirmation.

Yeah that data seems a bit wonky in some places. I doubt McGovern accepts 117% of the applicants they interviewed lol.

Hey guys,

For the secondary I need some insight.

I graduated in 2017 and have been working/volunteering/shadowing since. There are questions about gaps in education and what have you done since graduation. My answers for both are identical... I’m not sure how to proceed?

Also, can the optional essay be a diversity essay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US world news report. I subscribed the other week (rip $30) to check post interview acceptance rates, and it turns out there was already a spreadsheet going around...

So the post-II acceptance rate was actually reported as that high on the US news website? It just seems incredibly high (but I'm not complaining).

I graduated in 2017 and have been working/volunteering/shadowing since. There are questions about gaps in education and what have you done since graduation. My answers for both are identical... I’m not sure how to proceed?
Gaps refers to time you took off from school. So if you were out of school for half a year or more, list what you did in that space. The other question is reserved for activities post-graduation. If you did the same thing, just say you "continued" x, y, and z from when you had gaps in your education.

US world news report. I subscribed the other week (rip $30) to check post interview acceptance rates, and it turns out there was already a spreadsheet going around...

Does the subscription also have the same data? Need to confirm so I'm not neurotic

Anyone know if they do student hosts for interviews?

Sent an ITA email on 8/23, put on hold on 8/24. Womp womp.

Received II (saw it in my spam folder lol). Submitted July 9th.

Anyone know the Post-Interview Acceptance Rate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
That doesn’t sound right at all lol

Don't worry I was confused as well, but it's accurate according to US World News. This also includes acceptances given to waitlist spots as well but even then it's the same. You could reference the past years which hovers ~50-60%, idk what happened last year.

Don't worry I was confused as well, but it's accurate according to US World News. This also includes acceptances given to waitlist spots as well but even then it's the same. You could reference the past years which hovers ~50-60%, idk what happened last year.
My issue with us news is that there’s so many mistakes on there that it’s hard to ensure that any of it is accurate. For instance, One Texas school has a 117% acceptance rate which is literally not a thing. In another, vcu was said to have interviewed around 1000 people when according to adcoms they only interviewed around 600. 400 people magically can’t be getting II. Instances like these make me question the validity of us news as a source and imo no med school is going to have an acceptance rate in the 90s

II today! Found in my spam, which will certainly fuel my neurotic tendency to check that folder way too frequently...

OOS, LM < 70. complete 7/23

Reactions: 5 users
My issue with us news is that there’s so many mistakes on there that it’s hard to ensure that any of it is accurate. For instance, One Texas school has a 117% acceptance rate which is literally not a thing. In another, vcu was said to have interviewed around 1000 people when according to adcoms they only interviewed around 600. 400 people magically can’t be getting II. Instances like these make me question the validity of us news as a source and imo no med school is going to have an acceptance rate in the 90s

I don't see any 117% post-interview acceptance rate and VCU has 635 interviewed on the sheet

I don't see any 117% post-interview acceptance rate and VCU has 635 interviewed on the sheet

Pretty sure the 117% was just a mistake by the person compiling all of the data into the spreadsheet (speaking of which, I am very surprised that US News hasn't caught onto this and shut it down through SDN and premed reddit lol).

For the most part, those numbers seem correct and reasonable (even cross checked some data with MSAR for interview rates and stuff to see if the general numbers were the same)

Reactions: 1 users
II today at 9am ET

Just want to add. I send in an update yesterday and got II today.

Congrats! Complete date/Stats? Also, were you on hold prior to or did you just send an early update? Thanks

LM 72. Complete: I couldn't find the email sorry. Submitted 7/4. No hold prior