2018-2019 Florida International University

Started by fa21212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, I just want to say that you shouldn't worry about if you have prelim review complete yet or not. The process is definitely random and not chronological. I submitted my secondary 1 hour after my twin bro, we are both super similar stats/EC wise (LizzyM 76-77), and he already has his II but I haven't gotten past review pending! There is always hope
 
Guys, I just want to say that you shouldn't worry about if you have prelim review complete yet or not. The process is definitely random and not chronological. I submitted my secondary 1 hour after my twin bro, we are both super similar stats/EC wise (lizzyM 76-77), and he already has his II but I haven't gotten past review pending! There is always hope
Best twin study I’ve ever read
 
I got an II this morning (9/17)!! I was Final Review Complete for a while and after reading through this thread didn’t think I was getting an interview but I did, so don’t freak out too much, y’all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an II this morning (9/17)!! I was Final Review Complete for a while and after reading through this thread didn’t think I was getting an interview but I did, so don’t freak out too much, y’all.
Congrats on the II!! When did you get the “final review complete” notification if you don’t mind me asking?
 
I got an II on 9/10 and scheduled it for 10/12, anyone interviewed already or any current students who can say a little bit about how the interviews are/what kind of format do they follow?
 
Congrats on the II!! When did you get the “final review complete” notification if you don’t mind me asking?

So I never got a notification for it, but it's been a few weeks. I remember reading this thread and seeing the first mention of "Final Review Complete" and going to check if I had that status as well- I did- and thinking "great, silent rejection." So pretty much around the time that someone on this thread first noticed a "Final Review Complete" was when I got it!

I got my secondary 6/29 and was complete 7/3. Hope this helped a little bit!
 
I submitted everything 9/15, but my MCAT came out 9/18. I went from Secondary App Complete to Review Pending the day after my MCAT score came out. I checked the submission email and it says "Once your application is complete, we allow for three updates throughout the admissions cycle." Fingers crossed!
 
Final review completed today only after a couple days since Preliminary completed. IS and completed end of June
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewed here already who could give some insight? What kind of information is available to the interviewers on the semi-blind process? Are the questions mostly behavioral?
 
Has anyone interviewed here already who could give some insight? What kind of information is available to the interviewers on the semi-blind process? Are the questions mostly behavioral?
everything (amcas app and secondary) but not your stats. and it honestly depends on your interviewer. I had a faculty (who was more conversational-tell me about yourself and this and that) and a student (who had more questions lined up)
 
Anyone know if "Review Pending" is before or after Preliminary Review Completion?

I'm definitely a no-news is better guy, but now I'm curious where I'm at on the timeline lol

Complete 7/29.
 
I interviewed already and have "Admission Committee Review Completed" on the portal. I wonder if this means we will be hearing back by Monday. Good luck everyone!
 
I interviewed already and have "Admission Committee Review Completed" on the portal. I wonder if this means we will be hearing back by Monday. Good luck everyone!
eek! when'd you interview? my status says admission committee scheduled 10/9, but I know when I interviewed (9/28) they said we'd hear back at the end of the month
 
for anyone that has interviewed can you tell me what I can expect? also how do you recommend preparing for the interview? it's my first one!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad