2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a bridge alumni. You can't interview for bridge separately, the chosen few come from within the general interviewing class and you have to meet certain criteria to even be considered. If your interviewer asked you if you would consider bridge, I really hope you said yes because it has to be the best Masters program in the entire country. You're guaranteed a spot in next years class (if you pass all your required classes), you do not have to repeat the MCAT, most of our research projects get published in medical journals, we become the leaders for the next class, we get a sizeable scholarship for the remaining years of medical school, and I was even able to present my research at a national conference in California.

That being said, you must meet certain criteria. If you have any other questions about the program, feel free to message me directly.
So just to clarify, if you do not receive a II then you will not be considered for the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a place on the portal to withdraw application? Or do I have to call or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many students are placed on hold at FSU? Can we expect any hold movement mid-cycle or will all of it happen after all of the interviews are complete?
AAMC's MSAR tool can tell you how many were waitlisted and how many of those waitlisted were eventually accepted. Most of the movement occurs late in the cycle (around April-May) once applicants receive acceptances and choose where to go.

Hey there! I just received an II. Would anyone be able to share their experience during the interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else receive an email stating "your FSU student email account has been created" with username information and EMPL ID number to activate a student account? My application has been under review since August so not sure what this is for.

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt FSU will send out any rejections before the end of April. Just hang tight everyone! Hope I get that II.

Just sent an application update. My last chance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
I got waitlisted a couple months ago and was wondering if there’s a prime time to send a letter of intent? I want to send it soon because I have another deposit deadline coming up and would love to know a decision before that but I know that’s a long shot

Since the timing of the cycle is getting later, would it be fine if I sent a second update email to them about a research conference I'm doing in like 3 weeks? I don't want to wait until late February when my chances at an interview become even less likely. Any advice would be appreciated!

Wondering the same thing, I've been on hold since November and have sent several updates. I know FSU is picky about their yield and likes to be sure you'll take the offer if they give it. For that reason, I think a letter of intent is probably a good move, I'm just not sure when would be the best time.
I agree with this also. Earlier is probably better

Since the timing of the cycle is getting later, would it be fine if I sent a second update email to them about a research conference I'm doing in like 3 weeks? I don't want to wait until late February when my chances at an interview become even less likely. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would do it now. Although my friend last year sent an update in March and then interviewed/was accepted. But idk, i wouldn’t do that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

II here yesterday! Interview dates starting mid February. Can anyone tell me what to expect during the interview?

II here yesterday! Interview dates starting mid-February. Can anyone tell me what to expect during the interview?
It's suuuper chill. Some interviewers will have read through your application and taken notes, some won't lol. I had one that did and one that didn't. The one that didn't went through my application with me and just had a super casual conversation for like 30 minutes after we finished it. The second one he had already gone through and written any questions he had. DEFINITELY be prepared to discuss any red flags you may have on your application whether that be, for example, a low Bio MCAT section, lack of volunteering, GPA etc. I didnt have anyone point anything out but I heard from other on my interview day for getting called out about blemishes on their app. You can even have an M4 interview you which is cool because you can ask all your questions.

It's suuuper chill. Some interviewers will have read through your application and taken notes, some won't lol. I had one that did and one that didn't. The one that didn't went through my application with me and just had a super casual conversation for like 30 minutes after we finished it. The second one he had already gone through and written any questions he had. DEFINITELY be prepared to discuss any red flags you may have on your application whether that be, for example, a low Bio MCAT section, lack of volunteering, GPA etc. I didnt have anyone point anything out but I heard from other on my interview day for getting called out about blemishes on their app. You can even have an M4 interview you which is cool because you can ask all your questions.
Awesome info, thanks for sharing!! Glad to hear that it’s laid back, but I’ll definitey look over my app for weak spots to help prep for the interview.

Hey All! I finally got an II for mid-February!

I was hoping that someone on this thread might be able to answer a question i had about the MS3 and MS4 clerkships.

Do we select our preferred Location, or are we randomly assigned? How long are we assigned to that particular location? Are we at that location for both MS3 and MS4, or do we rotate through?

Im curious because my husband is military and the locations available and the duration at those locations for MS3/4 could really make the difference to us living together!

Thanks in advance! You guys are the best!

I was hoping that someone on this thread might be able to answer a question i had about the MS3 and MS4 clerkships.

Do we select our preferred Location, or are we randomly assigned? How long are we assigned to that particular location? Are we at that location for both MS3 and MS4, or do we rotate through?

Im curious because my husband is military and the locations available and the duration at those locations for MS3/4 could really make the difference to us living together!

Congrats!

Stats?

IS or OOS?

When I interviewed, they said you write an essay over summer about which location you’d like to be at and you rank all of them by preference. Married couples and others with a family can write about their situation and it’s taken into consideration when they place you. In September, you have a Mini Match day where you get your placement. I don’t know if you can change between year 3 and 4, though.

When I interviewed, they said you write an essay over summer about which location you’d like to be at and you rank all of them by preference. Married couples and others with a family can write about their situation and it’s taken into consideration when they place you. In September, you have a Mini Match day where you get your placement. I don’t know if you can change between year 3 and 4, though.
I have a friend at FSU and can confirm this. I don’t think you can switch between years but I’m not sure. My friend said that typically students get their first or second choice, but it also sounded like if you don’t get your choice, you can trade with other students who also didn’t get their first choice. Hopefully that helps!

Does FSU provide stethoscopes?

Does FSU provide stethoscopes?
When you're practicing clinical skills at school, yes. But, you'll definitely need to get one for yourself eventually when you start preceptorship and if you decide to volunteer at local health screening events or overseas trips. I think you'll be fine without one for the summer and fall semesters of your first year.

MS1. Can confirm. If you don’t get the place you want, you can either find a student willing to swap, or enter a pool for one location if someone there drops.

Does anyone know when the last interview date of the season is for FSU? I know its a long shot at this point in the cycle, but I'm really hoping to get an II here

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the last interview date of the season is for FSU? I know its a long shot at this point in the cycle, but I'm really hoping to get an II here

You still have a shot. Have you sent an update letter? My friend last year sent one in March, then got an interview, then was accepted. So there’s still hope, especially with this school. They go much later than most

Reactions: 1 users
You still have a shot. Have you sent an update letter? My friend last year sent one in March, then got an interview, then was accepted. So there’s still hope, especially with this school. They go much later than most
Do you know how to send an update letter? Is it through email?

Do you know what type things your friend focused on in the update letter? Thank you!