2018-2019 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any suggestions for where to stay during interview?
Hofstra suggests a few hotels nearby including a Marriott and a La Quinta Inn. I don't think either of these would be a bad option.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
there's only one before and it arrives at 6:17 :bucktooth:
oof...can you get an AirBNB? I take the MetroNorth every day and if the LIRR is anything similar then there could be random 10min delays. Granted, I'm headed into Grand Central, not out of Penn Station.

Reactions: 1 user
II today!! Complete end of August, available dates starting mid/late November.

Can anyone tell me if there is role playing at the MMI? Not sure if it's allowed to share that info but if it is I'd love to know haha

By "traditional interview" do you mean two stations for MMI that are traditional or two traditional interviews separate from MMI? I thought the day would only include a regular MMI.

guys they make you sign a confidentiality agreement so I don't know if there is anything else that can be answered about the interview itself.

guys they make you sign a confidentiality agreement so I don't know if there is anything else that can be answered about the interview itself.
Are the two traditional interviews open or closed file?
Do they provide additional information about interview day closer to the date? I only received the interview confirmation when I scheduled the interview date. Or is there more specific information about their MMI online?

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 8/8 LM 77

Reactions: 1 users
Do they provide additional information about interview day closer to the date? I only received the interview confirmation when I scheduled the interview date. Or is there more specific information about their MMI online?

You just find out when you get there like the rest of us. There are no more specifics. You will be OK!

Reactions: 3 users
II today, complete 7/2... I guess it’s never too late.
Planning to withdraw though. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 14 users
II this morning! Complete late August

Reactions: 2 users
II today! complete late August

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
II just now, LM 73-74, complete 9/6. Dates available in mid-December

Reactions: 2 users
II as well! First one this cycle - Im hyped!

I need some advice though, since I dont have much experience traveling and finances are tight for me right now. Are flights/accommodations mid-December generally more expensive than after the holidays (ie January)?

Another II here, conplete in August.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Jumping on the interview bandwagon!! Complete middle of September!

II as well! LM 73, OOS, complete end of August.

Are there any current students on this thread that would be open to some questions?

Is Hofstra receptive to an ITA email? I will be travelling to NYC from California.

Also received a II today! OOS, complete mid-August. The earliest interview dates available for me were in January.

Got an email from the admission office and my heart started racing for a few seconds lol (interviewed 9/20)
it was about the AAMC Choose Your Med School Tool thing. Does this mean anything? If they send me a document on how to choose from multiple acceptances and end up rejecting me I will be really upset haha

Got an email from the admission office and my heart started racing for a few seconds lol (interviewed 9/20)
it was about the AAMC Choose Your Med School Tool thing. Does this mean anything? If they send me a document on how to choose from multiple acceptances and end up rejecting me I will be really upset haha

+1

They sent this to everyone that has interviewed there so far

Is there a pre-interview dinner/social or anything the night before the interview? And are student hosts available?

Complete 7/28 and still radio silence :(

I wonder if this is the week they drop the axe ... seems like it was around this time last year

I need some advice. I applied later in the cycle, but before I had taken the MCAT. Unfortunately, I did terribly on it and Hofstra only sends out secondaries automatically to those with an MCAT >50th percentile. You can submit a request for a secondary, which I did, and I received an invitation to complete it today. It's very late in the application cycle, so should I even bother completing it? I am very interested in Hofstra, but if my chances of obtaining an interview are minuscule I don't know if I should spend the money on the secondary.

I need some advice. I applied later in the cycle, but before I had taken the MCAT. Unfortunately, I did terribly on it and Hofstra only sends out secondaries automatically to those with an MCAT >50th percentile. You can submit a request for a secondary, which I did, and I received an invitation to complete it today. It's very late in the application cycle, so should I even bother completing it? I am very interested in Hofstra, but if my chances of obtaining an interview are minuscule I don't know if I should spend the money on the secondary.

Truthfully I wouldn’t waste the $100 it’s very late and sub 500 is a bit low for Hofstra

How is the rest of your application? Yes your MCAT is low, but do you have something else that would impress admissions officers? How many schools did you apply to and how much of a burden is the secondary fee? If you think that the rest of your application is good and the cost of this secondary is not going to break you, then I would just fill it out.

The chance of admission is 0 if you do not complete the secondary.

I have a friend who submitted his primary in October with a 3.3 and is now at UCSF. I got this II with a low GPA myself and I'm still completing a few secondaries.

R just now. Honestly, forgot I had even applied here lol. Complete early august, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Dayumm this last post gave me bad karma. Rejected! IS, LM 70, bummer.

R just now as well. Complete 7/17, Lm 70, OOS. Was expecting this!

Got the axe as well. Complete early August. Best of luck to everyone else!