2018-2019 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected just now- completed early July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh nice, at least other people were rejected too! I felt super salty because I just sent them an update FOUR HOURS ago! haha

Reactions: 8 users
R as well, complete late July. OOS LM 72 so I’m not surprised. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
R as well. First one this cycle. LM 66-70 and OOS so not surprised. Kinda glad I dodged the MMI haha

Also joining in on the party to say I was rejected. Complete first week of July. Not entirely surprised either

One more R here, complete in August. Good luck everyone still in the running!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected as well. (Not surprised, OOS, LM 69) Just came here to check if others were in the same boat. :(

Hofstra gave me the Dikembe Mutombo finger wave

Reactions: 3 users
So those of us who didn't get rejected pre-II last week... what does this mean? Couldn't tell what happened in previous cycles after the big R wave

EDIT: Got an II in early Dec! Don't lose hope

Last edited:
So those of us who didn't get rejected pre-II last week... what does this mean? Couldn't tell what happened in previous cycles after the big R wave
...Just means you still got a shot, yo!

To reconfirm, first wave of post II decisions come in the first week of December right?
I interviewed in late October and they said they weren't sure when in December, just that it would be before the holidays started. Maybe someone who interviewed in November has more updated info?

To reconfirm, first wave of post II decisions come in the first week of December right?

I interviewed in October and honestly don't remember them saying that decisions will be released the first week of December. Checking last year's thread, I found that decisions were first released on December 20th- really hoping it's the first week of December though...

Interviewed in September and I'm pretty sure they said mid-December at the earliest

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in October and honestly don't remember them saying that decisions will be released the first week of December. Checking last year's thread, I found that decisions were first released on December 20th- really hoping it's the first week of December though...

Came to the same conclusion... fat chance we hear anything anytime soon tho

Rejected 11/27, complete 7/22/18.

R just now, this is my 4th this week lmfao @ my life. complete 08/17

Any chance for II's in December and beyond?

EDIT: got an II in early Dec

Last edited:
I got an MSTP II coming up, can anyone who interviewed MD/MSTP let me know on the gist and the overall feel (specifics are also welcome :)) of the interview process? Anything good to know beforehand etc. Also, anyone how chill Dr. Betty Diamond is?

Whenever decisions are supposed to be released, my HR is going to be through the roof this entire month haha

Are there any current students on here that would be willing to answer a few questions?

Any post interview decisions yet?
I think the most specific time anyone has been told is "sometime in December, but before the holidays for sure". Last year, results seem to have been released on Wednesday, December 20th, so I'm not holding my breath for a decision just yet.

That said, I'm incredibly excited about this school and the post-interview wait has been pure torture.

Accepted just now!

Edit: complete early July. interviewed in September

Last edited:
Accepted, also interviewed in September! Got an email with attached document, portal updated as well

wait omg i interviewed in sept i wasn't prePARED for people to hear back yet *cue panic*

Accepted, interviewed in October!!

My first acceptance!!! Interviewed in the 4th week of October.

Accepted, interviewed in September; will likely be withdrawing, good luck everyone!

What time did people receive acceptances? Did they release them all at once or does it seem like they are rolling them out? Holding out hope