2018-2019 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A brilliant point I forgot to mention. In 10 years with its graduate not being able to perform, Hofstra had managed to accrue 26 Million dollars in Funding. This is half of Stony brooks and many other well known institutions. Northwell connecion is great but what really shine imo is the Cold Spring Harbor connection. Ya boi James Watson was the director of that research giant at one point in time!

I'm really hyped for this school and really hope I get in
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II
Complete at the very end of September
IS
Only dates available were this week and next week for some odd reason.

My 2nd II, a surprising but welcome start to the new year :soexcited: Complete 8/4. Strangely, the only available dates are literally tomorrow and the 8th. Hope more dates open up if I give it a little time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
MD/PhD, interviewed end of October! I remember the director saying that the first round of acceptances goes out early January...anyone hear something a little more specific than this?? My heart is bursting because I absolutely loved this school and I'm really hoping it works out

MD/PhD, interviewed end of October! I remember the director saying that the first round of acceptances goes out early January...anyone hear something a little more specific than this?? My heart is bursting because I absolutely loved this school and I'm really hoping it works out
I wish the best of luck for you!

For those that didn't hear back for post-interview decisions last month: Do you think we might hear back sometime this week?

For those that didn't hear back for post-interview decisions last month: Do you think we might hear back sometime this week?
possible but no one can say for sure... for ppl who interviewed in september-october and didn't' hear last month, it's definitely going to be sometime this month that we'll hear back with some sort of decision/deferral

For my people who interviewed in early Dec — when should we expect to hear back?

Will be withdrawing from my interview next week. Good luck everyone!

I interviewed for MDPhD on Dec 8th, I was told that I would hear back mid to late Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like everyone hears back a month after they interviewed, but they told us this week that it would take until March to hear a decision. I wonder if we will hear back sooner.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

It seems like everyone hears back a month after they interviewed, but they told us this week that it would take until March to hear a decision. I wonder if we will hear back sooner.

I don’t think it’s true that everyone hears back ~month after they interview. I interviewed in early Oct and have yet to hear anything. Soon, hopefully.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think it’s true that everyone hears back ~month after they interview. I interviewed in early Oct and have yet to hear anything. Soon, hopefully.
Oh ok, I only looked at a handful of posts amd itnseemed like 1 month was the typical wait. I hope you get good news soon!

I wouldn't be so keen to listen to other people in this post...Hofstra specifically said they would be releasing decisions until (at the earliest) December for those who interviewed between September and November, so that wait time was guaranteed to be greater than a month (ranging from 1 to 3 months depending on when you interviewed) for most people haha...Now for those who have interviewed recently, the wait time may be quite different (shorter or longer or the same)...so ya, don't necessarily base your information on what has been said here (I would rather go with what admissions has said). As far as what admissions said for those who interviewed earlier in the cycle, they would start giving out decisions in December (I believe they started December 10th this cycle) and would most likely give out decisions latest around January for those who interviewed earlier (September, October, some November).
Interviewed mid-late November and remember being told end of January

post-interview (late nov) i got an email that said "Admissions updates will be sent out via email by the middle of January." so they have 5.5 days before i start throwing hands (more like sobbing and disassociating)

Reactions: 6 users
post-interview (late nov) i got an email that said "Admissions updates will be sent out via email by the middle of January." so they have 5.5 days before i start throwing hands (more like sobbing and disassociating)
I interviewed in sept and still haven’t heard and I’m running out of patience -.- they heard second Friday in Jan last year so I’m hoping for tomorrow

Reactions: 4 users
It would very much suck if they're following last year's decision pattern of acceptances in mid-December and rejections/waitlists in mid-January...

It would very much suck if they're following last year's decision pattern of acceptances in mid-December and rejections/waitlists in mid-January...
tbh they kinda told us it was gonna be like that at my interview. they said some acceptances in jan but mostly "other" decisions

tbh they kinda told us it was gonna be like that at my interview. they said some acceptances in jan but mostly "other" decisions

Well presumably there will be a substantial amount of acceptances for those who interviewed in December because all December interviewees were told they would hear in Jan.

Well presumably there will be a substantial amount of acceptances for those who interviewed in December because all December interviewees were told they would hear in Jan.
Well yeah you’re right - i meant for sept-nov people

Well yeah you’re right - i meant for sept-nov people
I still cant get over how there was no mention of this at my interview in Oct and they said we would hear back in December before the holidays... if it wasn't for SDN I prob would've emailed admissions tbh

Does anyone know if being invited/meeting with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion prior to the interview is any good indicator? Or does this not really matter much. Only 3 of 20+ of us were invited during my interview day. Didn't know if anyone had any additional knowledge on this. I know Hofstra is big on trying to get a diverse student body.

Does anyone know if being invited/meeting with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion prior to the interview is any good indicator? Or does this not really matter much. Only 3 of 20+ of us were invited during my interview day. Didn't know if anyone had any additional knowledge on this. I know Hofstra is big on trying to get a diverse student body.

I don’t think it matters much. Most of the schools I’ve interviewed with ask you to meet with their Office of Diversity if you’re an URM, including Hofstra.

I still cant get over how there was no mention of this at my interview in Oct and they said we would hear back in December before the holidays... if it wasn't for SDN I prob would've emailed admissions tbh
what does it say on the welcome tab in your portal? - that'll let you know what to *hopefully* expect. I want someone to call and ask when we'll hear bc im dying lol

I just got a phone call from Long Island and my heart stopped bc I thought IT happened and then the robot's voice on the other end asked me to explore new health insurance opportunities lol

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED just now!!! Interviewed mid November!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted just now as well! Interviewed mid November

Reactions: 6 users
any other folks who interviewed early oct still waiting to hear news??

congrats people above! if any early december interviewees hear back please share. wondering if early december was included in this batch...

Reactions: 2 users
congrats people above! if any early december interviewees hear back please share. wondering if early december was included in this batch...

I interviewed right before Christmas, and the welcome screen in my portal says mid-January.

I interviewed right before Christmas, and the welcome screen in my portal says mid-January.

Yeah was wondering if today is the "mid-January" batch for acceptances or if there's still another week or so for that. who knows

Interviewed in early December. Haven't heard back from them. :( Bad sign or nah?