Oct 20, 2018
holy crap that is amazing, congrats to you all accepted today!
Congrats!! Did any of you submit updates or get additional recommendation letters?
Interviewed in February. Submitted one combined update letter / letter of intent about a month after my interview outlining why I think I'm a good fit for SSOM, what I am currently doing, declaring that I would intend to matriculate should I be offered a seat (if you do this, make sure you only do it for one school and be truthful), and talking a little bit about the stuff that I will continue doing in the future (manuscript resubmission, etc.)

Reactions: greatlakes101
Mar 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats!! Did any of you submit updates or get additional recommendation letters?
I updated A LOT.

First i sent in my update letter in Nov about my new research position.
Then i got an interview in Feb.
Then i sent thank you emails to follow up (obvi)
mid march I sent in 3 more Letters of Rec because i think they limit you in your primary to what, 6? So i submitted (thru AMCAS) the other 3 I had
Then I sent another update letter on a poster presentation I did that month + new training and projects I'm now handling with my research team
Then I had my post bacc advisor send in ANOTHER LOR to emphasize how much of a good fit i was for Stritch
In april my current PI (so brand new LOR they haven't received before) sent in a LOR for me emailed directly to their admissions account
I think also in end of march/beginning of april i sent in a letter of intent

then after i got waitlisted in May i just kind of sat on it because i ran out of stuff to send hahahaha :playful:

Reactions: svk7
Oct 20, 2018
I updated A LOT.

First i sent in my update letter in Nov about my new research position.
Then i got an interview in Feb.
Then i sent thank you emails to follow up (obvi)
mid march I sent in 3 more Letters of Rec because i think they limit you in your primary to what, 6? So i submitted (thru AMCAS) the other 3 I had
Then I sent another update letter on a poster presentation I did that month + new training and projects I'm now handling with my research team
Then I had my post bacc advisor send in ANOTHER LOR to emphasize how much of a good fit i was for Stritch
In april my current PI (so brand new LOR they haven't received before) sent in a LOR for me emailed directly to their admissions account
I think also in end of march/beginning of april i sent in a letter of intent

then after i got waitlisted in May i just kind of sat on it because i ran out of stuff to send hahahaha :playful:
Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :claps:
But at the same time it's good you stopped because too much can quickly become... well, too much... and rub people the wrong way.

Reactions: Freddywap
Mar 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed in October and have sent three updates since then, including a letter of intent.

Mar 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :claps:
But at the same time it's good you stopped because too much can quickly become... well, too much... and rub people the wrong way.
Yeah! normally i would be more cautious but Dean Nabers had always been in constant email contact with me, insisting that I keep sending updates!

Oct 20, 2018
Sooo has anyone figured out what to do with that translucent, plastic, circular LUC SSOM thingy that came with the acceptance letter, pin, and immunization reminder? I peeled off the opaque part and didn't find that side to be sticky either

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: esyabelmd
Sep 9, 2018
Sooo has anyone figured out what to do with that translucent, plastic, circular LUC SSOM thingy that came with the acceptance letter, pin, and immunization reminder? I peeled off the opaque part and didn't find that side to be sticky either
They're for the car window! They'll stick to glass

Oct 20, 2018
They're for the car window! They'll stick to glass
That’s what I thought, but I guess my adhesive dried by the time I got it! Hahaha. Thanks for confirming I’m not (completely) losing my mind.

Reactions: walcottwagon