2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It has been a while. I think I applied on 7/26 and sent in my secondary on 8/13. Hope that helps!

Yea I didn’t apply until November so I’ll probably have to wait a little while before they get to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they reject pre interview or wait until the end of cycle?

I know I'm super late but I have my interview tomorrow. Any tips from people who have already interviewed? Preferably, any questions you remember them asking?

I know I'm super late but I have my interview tomorrow. Any tips from people who have already interviewed? Preferably, any questions you remember them asking?

For me it was three different people. The first person was a traditional interview (30 mins) and the other two were MMI (5-10 mins each).

For the traditional we just talked about my extracurriculars during undergrad such as volunteering and shadowing. I was also asked about how I plan on adjusting with the move since I’m not from TN. It was very natural and easy-going.

For MMI you walk into the room and read a piece of paper for two minutes and formulate your response. The first one was an acting skit and it was about a mother asking you (dean or something) why her daughter didn’t get accepted even though she had a great MCAT score and GPA . Then she presses you and tries to make you cave in lol. It was really fun cause it’s all acting. I guess they were trying to see your personality as well as testing ethics. The second one was just answering a question about teamwork. The interviewer didn’t really talk much for mine but I don’t think they’re really supposed to for this part as it wasn’t much of a conversation-style question.

Hope this helped and good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
For me it was three different people. The first person was a traditional interview (30 mins) and the other two were MMI (5-10 mins each).

For the traditional we just talked about my extracurriculars during undergrad such as volunteering and shadowing. I was also asked about how I plan on adjusting with the move since I’m not from TN. It was very natural and easy-going.

For MMI you walk into the room and read a piece of paper for two minutes and formulate your response. The first one was an acting skit and it was about a mother asking you (dean or something) why her daughter didn’t get accepted even though she had a great MCAT score and GPA . Then she presses you and tries to make you cave in lol. It was really fun cause it’s all acting. I guess they were trying to see your personality as well as testing ethics. The second one was just answering a question about teamwork. The interviewer didn’t really talk much for mine but I don’t think they’re really supposed to for this part as it wasn’t much of a conversation-style question.

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Good luck!

Interviewing next week. Let us know how it went if you get a few minutes. Thanks!

It went well! Everyone was really friendly and it went exactly like the OP above said it would! They said they are sending decisions within 2 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
Granted that it is very late in the cycle, did anyone receive a secondary recently?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It went well! Everyone was really friendly and it went exactly like the OP above said it would! They said they are sending decisions within 2 weeks!

Great! Thanks for the heads up!

Have there been any II's here lately? BTW, are II's checked through the portal or e-mail? TIA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted without finishing the secondary? I recieved an interview before I finished it but haven't heard anything back yet

I just received a secondary. Is it worth submitting? I'm OOS.

Has anyone been accepted without finishing the secondary? I recieved an interview before I finished it but haven't heard anything back yet

I was given an II before starting the secondary but finished it before my actual interview. I got accepted a week after the interview.

Reactions: 4 users
How does it show up in the portal? I can’t see anything in the portal except that my secondary is submitted.
There will be an added section below that says events I think. From there you can schedule your interview. You can also schedule directly from the email they send out. Hope that helps!

Has anyone received a II without getting an emailing stating that their application is under review? I submitted my secondary in early October but still haven’t received a complete email, only that my secondary has been submitted.

Was the MMI for all the interviewees? No one has reported MMI format style interview for this school on SDN. I have an interview next week and kinda freaking out about the format now that you said MMI. Please clarify

Was the MMI for all the interviewees? No one has reported MMI format style interview for this school on SDN. I have an interview next week and kinda freaking out about the format now that you said MMI. Please clarify

I can’t speak for everyone but the people who interviewed on Dec. 10 also had traditional and MMI. Another user replied saying that they had a similar experience a different day so it appears that they are keeping the interview setup relatively similar for everyone. Tbh MMI was easier than the traditional so I wouldn’t worry.

Does anyone know how admission into the MHS program works? As in, do you need to receive an II to be considered?

I’m almost certain that every med school requires an interview in order to be accepted
Oh that was my fault, I was unclear. I was referring to their masters program that they offer to applicants toward the end of the cycle

Interviewed today.

In case anyone is wondering/cares, we only had a one on one interview, no MMIs due to our large interview group.

Also, anyone know if they call if one is accepted? Or just email?

I got just email that told me to go to the portal for my admission decision.

Interviewed today.

In case anyone is wondering/cares, we only had a one on one interview, no MMIs due to our large interview group.

Also, anyone know if they call if one is accepted? Or just email?
What's the interview day like?

What's the interview day like?
It was pretty chill I think. They did a little intro, then we waited in a conference room while they called people out to have their interviews. After that we had a Q&A with current students and then took a tour of the campus.

The actual interview was pretty laid back IMO. It seemed like they were interested in getting to know me more than grilling me about my application flaws. But maybe it depends on what interviewer you get, who knows.

Overall it was a pretty positive experience. I guess we'll see if they liked me or not. I forgot to ask how long it takes for them to get back to me on an acceptance/rejection/waitlist.

Have any acceptees received an email about securing your seat today?

For those of you that got accepted could you post your stats?

This is my dream school and i'm hoping to apply 2019-20 cycle!

Hey guys I thought Id drop and ask y'all a question on the MD side. I just got an interview invite for the DDS program at Meharry and wanted to know if they offer invite to MHS after they bring you for an on campus interview. Does MHS have its own interview process separate from MD and DDS?

Yes I’m an URM then. I’m black lol

Ace your mcat and you’ll be competitive at many schools. If you check the LizzyM<70 thread that I started many URM’s were able to get interviews to top schools with LM of 67-69.