2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am almost at 4 months
That is a long wait. I am not sure if this is correct, but apparently for some candidates they sent out the II before they even complete their secondary application.

Members don't see this ad.

Approximately what percentage of IIs have been sent by Meharry?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone suggest emailing them? They don't pick up when you call, nor do they have a way to leave a voicemail.

Would anyone suggest emailing them? They don't pick up when you call, nor do they have a way to leave a voicemail.

I’ve been emailing them since beginning of November and have yet to get a response. Smh

Does anyone know if they'll send out rejection letters? Or do we just... not get another message to move forward?

Does anyone know if they'll send out rejection letters? Or do we just... not get another message to move forward?

A friend of mine applied here twice. She says that they’re pretty good with sending rejections throughout the cycle, and they send the bulk of the pre-II rejections out around March.

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine applied here twice. She says that they’re pretty good with sending rejections throughout the cycle, and they send the bulk of the pre-II rejections out around March.
How did it work out for her the second time? If you don’t mind me asking

Secondary submitted 8/24. Complete/under review email 9/26. Still haven’t heard anything back

LM 67.5 with 3.84 GPA and 506 MCAT.

Have there been any recent waves of IIs? I was complete early to mid October and have not heard anything yet (I actually did not even receive the complete email like some of you have).

Have there been any recent waves of IIs? I was complete early to mid October and have not heard anything yet (I actually did not even receive the complete email like some of you have).
I’ve been waiting since mid August and NOTHING as well. Not sure if they do silent rejections or just taking their time with review...

Does anyone else remember admissions telling us at the interview that we would hear the acceptance decision on December 15th?

Reactions: 1 users
March? Ouch

Also accepted! Stats in signature, IS, no legacy or other strong connection to Meharry.
Timeline - Primary: 6/29; Secondary: 8/3; II: 9/28; Interviewed: 10/15; Acceptance: 12/17
Email received around 1300 but it doesn't reveal their decision. You have to download a decision letter off the portal.
Good luck to everyone waiting for updates!

Reactions: 7 users
Finally they released some decisions! Accepted...congrats y’all!

Reactions: 5 users
Finally they released some decisions! Accepted...congrats y’all!
I'm currently waiting to hear back do you think they are doing it alphabetically ? My last name starts with a W ? Also I was granted an interview prior to submitting my secondary application . I applied October 31st and received my interview on the 7th imbedded in my secondary. Did they say when rejections are being sent out ? I'm a nervous wreck right about now . I only applied to two schools since I waited so long to get an application in .

I'm currently waiting to hear back do you think they are doing it alphabetically ? My last name starts with a W ? Also I was granted an interview prior to submitting my secondary application . I applied October 31st and received my interview on the 7th imbedded in my secondary. Did they say when rejections are being sent out ? I'm a nervous wreck right about now . I only applied to two schools since I waited so long to get an application in .
Damn, I wish I was in your shoes. Not only did you apply late but you also got a II before even submitting the secondary application.

Damn, I wish I was in your shoes. Not only did you apply late but you also got a II before even submitting the secondary application.
Yeah, but I have received any correspondence today and I think they issue majority of their acceptance today . What is your backstory?

I’ve been emailing them since beginning of November and have yet to get a response. Smh
Have you(or anyone else in the same situation) received a response yet? I still haven't gotten a complete email, despite sending everything in mid October.

Have you(or anyone else in the same situation) received a response yet? I still haven't gotten a complete email, despite sending everything in mid October.

Submitted everything 10/16 and haven’t received complete email either.

TBH I don't know how they review applications/send out decisions. It could be by name, but I honestly wouldn't know. And they told us during our interview that decisions in general would be sent out near 12/15/18, so I'm assuming that means acceptances, rejections, and wait lists. Good luck, just hang in there. Don't stress yourself out!

Hey everyone. Congrats to my fellow "acceptees" lol Does anyone know if the deposit is non-refundable or not? When I looked on AAMC website, it mentioned that they were but I didn't know if that varied from school to school.

Hey everyone. Congrats to my fellow "acceptees" lol Does anyone know if the deposit is non-refundable or not? When I looked on AAMC website, it mentioned that they were but I didn't know if that varied from school to school.
Congrats. What were your stats if you don't mind sharing ?

Does meharry send acceptance letters in the mail as well?

So my secondary was complete 8/20 and I got an email it was under review 9/26... Haven't heard anything since.... Anyone in same boat? I am really interested in going to this school, does anyone know if their adcom is receptive to pre-II updates?

Reactions: 1 users
So my secondary was complete 8/20 and I got an email it was under review 9/26... Haven't heard anything since.... Anyone in same boat? I am really interested in going to this school, does anyone know if their adcom is receptive to pre-II updates?
I am in the same exact boat. Complete 8/16.... under review 9/26

Same. Secondary complete 8/14 and under review 9/26. I emailed an update letter yesterday and get a confirmation email today.

Same. Secondary complete 8/14 and under review 9/26. I emailed an update letter yesterday and get a confirmation email today.
How do you know if you are under review. All I can see is if the application was submitted and fee paid ... is there another portal?

Woops I thought I was on another thread.
Not sure about this but interested in knowing as well

How do you know if you are under review. All I can see is if the application was submitted and fee paid ... is there another portal?

There is no other portal. Should’ve received a complete email.

Did anyone complete their application right before the deadline on Dec 15th? My AMCAS application was submitted to Meharry 11/8 but wasn’t complete with recommendation letters until 12/13. I received a secondary application 11/8 and completed it 11/9. I received an email saying my application was under review 11/9 and haven’t heard anything from them since. Is there anyone else that applied that late? Have y’all heard anything from Meharry?

Did anyone complete their application right before the deadline on Dec 15th? My AMCAS application was submitted to Meharry 11/8 but wasn’t complete with recommendation letters until 12/13. I received a secondary application 11/8 and completed it 11/9. I received an email saying my application was under review 11/9 and haven’t heard anything from them since. Is there anyone else that applied that late? Have y’all heard anything from Meharry?

I didn’t apply late but just to make you feel better. I’ve been complete and “under review” since late August and NADA. I have no idea how they do this process. But there’s a lot of people that haven’t heard a peep from them and have been complete for a long time.

I didn’t apply late but just to make you feel better. I’ve been complete and “under review” since late August and NADA. I have no idea how they do this process. But there’s a lot of people that haven’t heard a peep from them and have been complete for a long time.

That makes me feel slightly better. I’ve been feeling anxious because my application was completed so late and I wasn’t sure how long people usually wait for a response if they were granted an interview or if my application even had a chance this late. Thanks! I hope you get a response soon!

I’m thinking of sending admissions an email in a week asking for an update on my application. I really don’t want to be in limbo for a long time.

I’m thinking of sending admissions an email in a week asking for an update on my application. I really don’t want to be in limbo for a long time.
I did that two days ago and did not receive a response yet. I highly doubt that they will respond.

I did that two days ago and did not receive a response yet. I highly doubt that they will respond.

I have the email of the director of admissions from when I met her at a tour of Meharry. Maybe I’ll email her directly rather than just the general email they provide on their site.

How long has it been since you completed your secondary application? I completed mine 11/9 but my primary application wasn’t complete until 12/13.

How long has it been since you completed your secondary application? I completed mine 11/9 but my primary application wasn’t complete until 12/13.
I was complete by early October and have not heard from them ever since. I actually did not even get the complete email. What made you decide to apply this late?