2018-2019 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know what postal service UAMS uses ? Is it USPS or UPS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I read on a previous year's thread that it was USPS.
Dang. I’ve been out of town and I missed an unexpected package but it was from ups thought it might have been my letter. Oh well. Here’s to another 2 months of waiting

Reactions: 1 user
Early acceptance round 2 is January 23rd so don't give up hope!

I know of someone who received an early acceptance letter today. The applicant guide says early acceptance letters were supposed to be sent yesterday, so it seems they were.

Looks like they sent my early acceptance letter to an old address. Got mine in the mail yesterday!

Hey guys. Second time applicant for UAMS. Has anyone received an email from Dr. Mclachlin asking for transcripts? I remember getting one last cycle during December.

Did you get an email from them too or just a letter? Do you have to respond?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just a letter. There's an acceptance form that needs to be filled out along with coat size and campus preference for MS3/4. The acceptance needs to be returned within 2 weeks but I'd imagine they're flexible on that especially for early acceptances. That being said, I would return it as soon as possible.

Just a letter. There's an acceptance form that needs to be filled out along with coat size and campus preference for MS3/4. The acceptance needs to be returned within 2 weeks but I'd imagine they're flexible on that especially for early acceptances. That being said, I would return it as soon as possible.

Gotcha, thanks. I was just wondering in case my letter also got/gets sent to the wrong address.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
How do they decide to accept certain Arkansas residents early decision? I saw that some of those letters might be going out today.

How do they decide to accept certain Arkansas residents early decision? I saw that some of those letters might be going out today.

It's not clear but what I've been told (and this could be erroneous) is that the top 25 students whose applications including interview evals are complete by December get acceptances in late December, the next top 20 or so complete students get them in January, everyone else in February. It is possible that you interviewed late, and might be in the top 25, but your eval wasn't completed in time, so you get your acceptance in Jan or even Feb.

My point being that most people find out in February, and I wouldn't be disheartened if you don't hear back during this wave of early accepts.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted early decision! I am so excited. I have a few questions for current students though. I currently work at a doctor's office and need new scrubs- however I don't want to buy new ones if I can't wear them in the future. So do UAMS med students wear specific scrub colors? And if so do we have to buy specific sets through the school? I want to try to reuse whatever I have now in the future.
Thanks you!!

Accepted early decision! I am so excited. I have a few questions for current students though. I currently work at a doctor's office and need new scrubs- however I don't want to buy new ones if I can't wear them in the future. So do UAMS med students wear specific scrub colors? And if so do we have to buy specific sets through the school? I want to try to reuse whatever I have now in the future.
Thanks you!!

Congratulations! I can't answer your question but just wanted to say hi since I'll be in your class as well!

When should OOS people hear back from their interview? Mine was over a month ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.

When should OOS people hear back from their interview? Mine was over a month ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.
Everyone besides the early in-state acceptances should hear back later this month. There's not a specific date, but probably sometime after the 20th.

Has anyone heard a specific date for the February mail-out?

The "physician" color for scrubs is light blue at UAMS; that being said, I don't know that I've ever seen any med student get in trouble or been talked to over scrub colors - many of us wear ACH scrubs, some have prior health careers and have red or purple scrubs. For clinical rotations - when scrubs are needed, you have access and are often required to wear hospital-laundered scrubs (gray for OR, carribean blue for L&D, etc).

You will wear scrubs for gross anatomy in first year, and the scrub type really doesn't matter, because you will not (should not!) be keeping them after the course. Used scrubs (that have been laundered) are often sold during orientation week specifically for gross anatomy.

Congrats everyone and good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Source: Current M4

and

https://creativeservices.uams.edu/w...55-White-coat-and-scrub-guide-FINAL-12.17.pdf

Just called the admissions office they said the letters have a good possibility of being sent out by the end of the week.

Reactions: 2 users
From previous threads it seems like letters usually go out today with people close to UAMS getting them on Friday. Here’s to hoping that tradition continues!

I think they might have been mailed today. So maybe in the mail tomorrow or Monday?

Still anxiously awaiting a letter...anybody else seen anything as of yet? (D2, roughly 20 minutes from UAMS)

Last edited:
Didn’t get anything yet but the mail hasn’t gotten to my house today so far, D4 about 1hr from LR.

One of my clients just received an offer of acceptance at UAMS, so this confirms the February letters are on the way to you. Wishing you each a successful outcome.

One of my clients just received an offer of acceptance at UAMS, so this confirms the February letters are on the way to you. Wishing you each a successful outcome.

Does your client live in LR?

Just received my acceptance. Good luck to everyone here!

Just got my acceptance as well. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Received my acceptance in LR today! Question: it mentioned in my packet that this is conditional on me completing my pre-reqs/work not deteriorating/good background check/etc etc. I'm assuming this is just the universal acceptance letter/packet, considering I graduated last May and completed all of my pre-requisites by the end of 2017. Can someone confirm this or should I contact admissions to confirm that they accepted all my pre-reqs?

Received my acceptance in LR today! Question: it mentioned in my packet that this is conditional on me completing my pre-reqs/work not deteriorating/good background check/etc etc. I'm assuming this is just the universal acceptance letter/packet, considering I graduated last May and completed all of my pre-requisites by the end of 2017. Can someone confirm this or should I contact admissions to confirm that they accepted all my pre-reqs?
Nvm I stalked some social media and confirmed this is the usual letter

OOS acceptance this afternoon! So excited!

OOS alternate list.
Sigh.
All well. Does anyone know what Arkansas' policy on updates and LOI are?

OOS alternate list.
Sigh.
All well. Does anyone know what Arkansas' policy on updates and LOI are?
Your position on the alternate list won't change with any updates, so they aren't necessary. They expect that you remain interested if you retain your alternate position, so a LOI won't make any difference. Once you graduate, it would be in your best interest to have all final transcripts mailed directly to UAMS. That will save you having to mess with that if there is a later offer. Stay the course!

Accepted earlier this week, NWA area. Excited is an understatement. Looking forward to meeting everyone : )

Anyone know when scholarship decisions from the acceptance packet application will be announced? Even just a little funding would be a big help.

Anyone know when scholarship decisions from the acceptance packet application will be announced? Even just a little funding would be a big help.

I hear ya. I could use the extra $ too. Based on last year's thread, it looks like mid-late April.