2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long have you guys been stuck? I was in it for like 3-4 business days if I remember correctly. I'm stuck at the "under review by screening committee" part.

How long have you guys been stuck? I was in it for like 3-4 business days if I remember correctly. I'm stuck at the "under review by screening committee" part.

since 7/27 for me

Members don't see this ad :)
"Candidates must complete three (3) courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences (for example, psychology, anthropology, or sociology). Two of the three courses must be in the same field of study"

Wow what is wrong with these people. I'm actually stunned. Is this really a hard requirement? I have one anthro, one soc, and one psyc.

Reactions: 1 user
"Candidates must complete three (3) courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences (for example, psychology, anthropology, or sociology). Two of the three courses must be in the same field of study"

Wow what is wrong with these people. I'm actually stunned. Is this really a hard requirement? I have one anthro, one soc, and one psyc.

I think you should be fine, just call them and they might waive it for you.

How soon after AMCAS verification did you guys get the secondary? Does UIC screen?

How soon after AMCAS verification did you guys get the secondary? Does UIC screen?
I received my secondary 2 days after I was verified. The website does state that they screen, but I am assuming it's more of a holistic screen.

how did you guys approach the Education Environment question?

submitted app on 7/8 and still "forwarded to screening committee" is anyone else in that boat

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure everyone had to re-do the secondary cause of that

Sorry late to the party but what is this re-do secondary issue? I got my secondary on 7/5 but wasn't asked to redo it. Or did I miss out on something? Thanks.

Sorry late to the party but what is this re-do secondary issue? I got my secondary on 7/5 but wasn't asked to redo it. Or did I miss out on something? Thanks.
Did you write an essay about how you dealt with a stressful situation? There was initially a mistake in the secondary where that essay question wasn't included.

If anyone else is not currently enrolled in school and entered a description in the text box next to it to describe your current activities, is it showing up when you review your secondary?

For some reason, mine doesn't show up when I review, so I'm afraid it won't show up when I submit.
did you figure this problem out? i'm having the same problem where its not showing up when I'm reviewing mine

Did you write an essay about how you dealt with a stressful situation? There was initially a mistake in the secondary where that essay question wasn't included.
Oh I see. I did write that. Thanks for the clarification!

submitted app on 7/8 and still "forwarded to screening committee" is anyone else in that boat

I submitted 7/23 and just had my status updated to "under consideration by screening committee"

I submitted 7/23 and just had my status updated to "under consideration by screening committee"
wow i am still forwarded to screening committee. does anybody have experience with this? should i call?

Dude, literally read the post above yours :laugh:
Sorry, let me clarify... does anyone have an interview scheduled before August 28th? I have my interview on August 28th, wondering if anyone can provide feedback of their experience before mines.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys think I should use my essay were I failed at something as my stressful situation?

anybody having trouble opening the secondary application? :confused:

thank you! also anybody know what to do if a contact's phone number is international? it doesn't follow the XXX-XXX-XXXX

I've been "under consideration" since July 31st. Does anyone know if this is a bad sign? From what I've seen in this thread people usually heard back within a week after being put "under consideration."

I've been "under consideration" since July 31st. Does anyone know if this is a bad sign? From what I've seen in this thread people usually heard back within a week after being put "under consideration."
I don't know how long it took exactly for me but I know I was under consideration for multiple weeks before getting my II

I'm OOS and was thinking of adding this school, but WOAH, $130K for total COA?! Does anyone know if OOS acceptees can get IS tuition after first year?

For the humanities requirement, the application says "Candidates must complete three (3) courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences (for example, psychology, anthropology, or sociology). Two of the three courses must be in the same field of study. Other behavioral or social science courses will be considered to fulfill this requirement. Applicants must provide documentation on the content of such courses to be given consideration."

So if I haven't had 2 courses in the same field of study, I guess I don't meet this requirement?? :/ Would music courses count

That being said I've been "under consideration" for over a week now so it is also frustrating and worrying for me because they might've looked at my app already and decided it wasn't good enough for an II

I was under consideration for two weeks before hearing anything from them

Last edited:
anyone know where i can find more info on research opportunities here? having a hard time finding much on their webpage

I was under consideration for two and a half weeks before hearing anything from them

how did you know when you were under consideration? i just checked and it says this now, but i have no clue exactly when they changed the status.

I'm still stuck in "your application has been forwarded to screening committee"
Been like this since 7/27.
Anyone else?

how did you know when you were under consideration? i just checked and it says this now, but i have no clue exactly when they changed the status.

idk if neuroticism is a strategy but I was checking the portal like 3-4 times a day after completing

also II was on there at least 4hrs before I got the email