2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a notice to change my password in the portal and the current status is "Your application is under review."

When will I receive a secondary app? I'm getting nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a notice to change my password in the portal and the current status is "Your application is under review."

When will I receive a secondary app? I'm getting nervous.
It took me a couple of weeks to get it

Reactions: 1 user
For the Extracurricular Activities, are we supposed to repeat the ones on our primary app??

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still "under review" here? I've been in limbo for ~4 weeks now. I'd love to hear an answer from them whether it be rejection or II

I’m still stuck in forwarded to committee (since 8/5)

It took me about 1-1.5 weeks to get out of "forwarded to committee" and into "under review by screening committee" but I've been stuck since like 7/30

I've been stuck in forwarded to committee since the beginning of July lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the next batch of II's go out?

Members don't see this ad :)
when should i start panicking? i've been "under consideration by screening committee" for about 5 weeks

Holy crap they just sent me a II.

This is my dream school and they're completely out my league.

HOLY CRAP.

Reactions: 4 users
Holy crap they just sent me a II.

This is my dream school and they're completely out my league.

HOLY CRAP.

Congrats! Stats? Complete date? Also when's the earliest interview date?

Congrats! Stats? Complete date? Also when's the earliest interview date?

I have a 517 mcat and LOW undergrad gpa (3.0-3.25 range), though my graduate work and post-bacc classes are in the 3.75-4.0 range. I'm not a URM. I guess this is an example of why extracurriculars really can count? Or maybe I have dumb luck?

Honestly, I'm not positive when I was complete because I can't see the date anymore and they didn't send me a complete email? I know it was before July 20th though, and they sent me the supplemental app on July 10th. My guess is ~July 15th.

The earliest date I saw was Sep 24th in Chicago. I think maybe a spot opened up and they let me fill it?

I have a 517 mcat and LOW undergrad gpa (3.0-3.25 range), though my graduate work and post-bacc classes are in the 3.75-4.0 range. I'm not a URM. I guess this is an example of why extracurriculars really can count? Or maybe I have dumb luck?

Honestly, I'm not positive when I was complete because I can't see the date anymore and they didn't send me a complete email? I know it was before July 20th though, and they sent me the supplemental app on July 10th. My guess is ~July 15th.

The earliest date I saw was Sep 24th in Chicago. I think maybe a spot opened up and they let me fill it?
That MCAT should'a helped. Also, maybe you just crushed CA$Per. Either way, gratz my dude!

II today! There's only one interview date available, are dates added on a daily basis?
Edit: OOS, complete 8/16

Last edited:
I have no idea man I've been "under consideration" for like 6 weeks now. If you find out let me know
im pretty sure it literally just means you are under consideration. i think it goes from forwarded to committee--> under consideration--> the decision about II or not. as ssomeone that has been stuck in forwarded to committee for almost 2 months, trust me be grateful you are at the stage above that! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how to contact the Office of Admissions? I've called but nothing of the listed options fit my question, I've also sent an email and got no response.

Does anyone know how to contact the Office of Admissions? I've called but nothing of the listed options fit my question, I've also sent an email and got no response.

I've had the same issues unfortunately. You can try contacting the Peoria or Rockford branch. I haven't tried that but it'd probably have better luck than e-mail or call to the UIC e-mail/number on the website.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to apply to the Urban Medicine program "early" even if you haven't interviewed yet or been accepted? It says to just send them an email with the application and that admissions are open for fall 2019, but I don't understand why they'd take applications if you haven't been accepted.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to apply to the Urban Medicine program "early" even if you haven't interviewed yet or been accepted? It says to just send them an email with the application and that admissions are open for fall 2019, but I don't understand why they'd take applications if you haven't been accepted.
You won't be considered for the program until you have been accepted to school is what we were told during interview day.

when calling, if you stay on the line without choosing an option it will connect you with someone

Has anyone else received an email asking to send in all their letters? I have mine uploaded and earmarked correctly in AMCAS, but I wasn't certain if there was something else I needed to do. Thanks.

For those of you that received an II...

The initial email mentioned something about sending them a photo of yourself. Are we supposed to reach out or will they? Because once I confirmed my slot, their follow-up email didn't mention anything with regards to the picture.

For those of you that received an II...

The initial email mentioned something about sending them a photo of yourself. Are we supposed to reach out or will they? Because once I confirmed my slot, their follow-up email didn't mention anything with regards to the picture.

I just replied to their e-mail noting if I had any dietary restrictions and attached the photo.

I am so close to sending my secondary however I can't remember the dates I took my earliest SAT :/ I took it many years ago and college board has changed the website so I'm not allowed to view old test scores (and hence dates). I have an idea of the date I took my last SAT (higher score) but not the first one. any advice on what to do?

I am so close to sending my secondary however I can't remember the dates I took my earliest SAT :/ I took it many years ago and college board has changed the website so I'm not allowed to view old test scores (and hence dates). I have an idea of the date I took my last SAT (higher score) but not the first one. any advice on what to do?

I don't think it matters too much! Pretty sure it is just for data purposes

Some important news I learned during my recent interview at UIC:

As of last Thursday (I think Thursday), UIC is no-longer a true rolling admissions school. This ONLY applies to applicants interviewing on/after September 17. Instead of offering acceptances starting October 15th, they will send out a wave of decisions on December 14th/15th. Another wave of decisions will be sent in January.

Applicants who interviewed prior to September 17th can still hear back from UIC as early as October 15th

Reactions: 1 users