2018-2019 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called and just got a generic "Your file will remain open for the application cycle" and that was it. Don't know why they mention that you'll hear some type of status update after 2 weeks if they aren't going to send any updates that you've been reviewed, but aren't currently receiving an II.
Just means that they are still reviewing. They don't want to say yes or no just yet is all. I know it can be frustrating though.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for all the posts everyone. I try and answer what I can but for some reason I am not receiving emails when people post, plus we just had Block so I've been off the group. If you have any more questions feel free to ask or PM me.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't received a secondary and tried to email them about it with no response. My stats are above average for this school. Not sure if they just didn't like me :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received a secondary and tried to email them about it with no response. My stats are above average for this school. Not sure if they just didn't like me :(
They have been out of the office since Friday (and sort of including Friday) if you emailed since then. Try calling on tuesday and if Ronnie doesn’t answer leave him a message. He’s usually pretty good about getting back to you

They have been out of the office since Friday (and sort of including Friday) if you emailed since then. Try calling on tuesday and if Ronnie doesn’t answer leave him a message. He’s usually pretty good about getting back to you
I left Ronnie 2 voicemails and he never got back to me. I recommend calling the other admissions number. They picked up right away during normal business hours

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I left Ronnie 2 voicemails and he never got back to me. I recommend calling the other admissions number. They picked up right away during normal business hours

Agree with this. I left him two voicemails and never heard back from him. I got a call back from the other number pretty quickly though.

Found the II tonight! Scheduled for Sept. 21st.

My experience:
Secondary Invite 7/20
Secondary Submitted 8/1
Complete Around ~8/10-11 ish
Interview Invite 8/13

497 MCAT, 3.8 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA
I was accepted last year with those exact same stats. If your interview goes smoothly, you should be golden.

Found the II tonight! Scheduled for Sept. 21st.

My experience:
Secondary Invite 7/20
Secondary Submitted 8/1
Complete Around ~8/10-11 ish
Interview Invite 8/13

497 MCAT, 3.8 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA
Hey! We have the same interview date! Ill see ya there!

Still no response. What number should I call? I literally have nothing from this school haha. I've tried to look online and I only am getting the email for admissions. I guess I'll just call the number at the bottom of the KYCOM website? Are the secondaries sent to everyone with above the minimum stats?

Ive heard that the interview is pretty laid back and easy going but are there any pointers people have to stand out? Any left field questions?

I am driving up there tonight for my interview tomorrow. Any food recommendations in Pikeville??

Ive heard that the interview is pretty laid back and easy going but are there any pointers people have to stand out? Any left field questions?

I've interviewed at a few places and I can honestly say that KYCOM is the most laid back. I would say just be yourself and interact with the students and the others applicants while you are there. The faculty and students are extremely helpful! The interview itself, from the feedback I've gotten from others, is unique to you. They choose things to discuss, but it was so chill. I hope this helps and good luck!

Still no response. What number should I call? I literally have nothing from this school haha. I've tried to look online and I only am getting the email for admissions. I guess I'll just call the number at the bottom of the KYCOM website? Are the secondaries sent to everyone with above the minimum stats?
Yes use that number!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on 8/31, and the suspense of maybe getting a call today is killing me! :unsure: I am really, really excited about this school. I hope we can hear something back today....

By the way, good look to everyone at their interview today! The interview was awesome :)

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't got a call, I am guessing they got backed up because of Labor Day and whatever else. WELL, there goes a day of panicking :rofl:

I haven't got a call, I am guessing they got backed up because of Labor Day and whatever else. WELL, there goes a day of panicking :rofl:
Suspense is the spice of life. I can't be a hypocrite though, my phone was within 10 feet of me all day long!

I was there on the 31st as well and haven’t heard anything so no worries!

Have been waiting to hear back for an interview since early August! I talked to Ronnie and he said he will let me know on Friday but still nothing..I don't know what to do at this point. Really like this school and its mission!

Interviewed September 7th, hopefully getting a call this week

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone from the August 31st interview heard back yet? I haven’t heard anything and was wondering if others have

Has anyone from the August 31st interview heard back yet? I haven’t heard anything and was wondering if others have

I also interviewed on August 31st, and I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder when they will send out responses...

I haven't recevied a call back yet either.
I think the aug 17th group had a quick turn around because they didn't have anyone interview the week after them. Our Aug 31st group was followed up by labor day, as well as, another batch of interviewees. Also, I would guess the student's block exams most likely had to be graded. That all probably factored into the delay for us, so i'm just staying patient and focusing on being productive for now.

Trying to buy my airline tickets today but everything is expensive AF. I’m talking pushing $1000 for just the tickets. What airports did you guys fly into for your interview?

I got my tickets on expedia for ~$400 and did a rental car. I flew into tri cities (in TN), but I think there is an airport closer in WV. I know the whole traveling thing can be a bit stressful!

Last edited:
Still dry on my end as well for August 31st'ers.

Reactions: 2 users

I am in the same boat, submitted 8/1/18 with no secondary yet. I am OOS. Anyone else still not received a secondary?

Trying to buy my airline tickets today but everything is expensive AF. I’m talking pushing $1000 for just the tickets. What airports did you guys fly into for your interview?
They recommended Louisville (cheaper but farther drive), Lexington or Charleston, WV (closest)

Still dry on my end as well for August 31st'ers.
Any news from Pikeville today? I interviewed 9/7 and they said they were meeting today. but since they are behind re 8/31 interviews, not sure if our group will hear back this week.

Any news from Pikeville today? I interviewed 9/7 and they said they were meeting today. but since they are behind re 8/31 interviews, not sure if our group will hear back this week.

Nope nothing

Any calls guys? I interviewed 9/7 also!!

I also interviewed on 8/31 and haven't heard anything! Did the admissions people tell 9/7 interviewees that they were going to hear back tomorrow? If they said that with confidence, maybe they are waiting to call both 8/31 and 9/7 people at the same time...? I don't know :lame:

I JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE!!!! Calls are going out guys :) Hope to see some of you next year, this is my top school choice!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Aug. 31 interview. Stay by your phones people

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Looks like no 9/7 were reviewed today. I tried calling to check but couldn't get in touch with Ronnie. Any one else from 9/7 get any calls?

Looks like no 9/7 were reviewed today. I tried calling to check but couldn't get in touch with Ronnie. Any one else from 9/7 get any calls?
When does the committee meet next? I was that day too

Application verified this morning, and secondary received this afternoon. Does this school send automatic secondaries?

I have a feeling that they will wait to review the 9/7 people next week. Doesn't sound like any 9/7 acceptances yet