2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So...I sent them an update letter late last week, and they sent me a personalized response congratulating on my update (it was a published abstract) and stated that my application is currently under review. They specifically wrote : "The review process is ongoing from August through December and we hope to have more information regarding your status in the coming weeks." Personally, I'm not super hopeful, but let's not lose hope!!

Thanks for the update! also, how did you guys send an update? You just emailed the admissions?

Also curious about this! And congrats on the abstract!
 
So...I sent them an update letter late last week, and they sent me a personalized response congratulating on my update (it was a published abstract) and stated that my application is currently under review. They specifically wrote : "The review process is ongoing from August through December and we hope to have more information regarding your status in the coming weeks." Personally, I'm not super hopeful, but let's not lose hope!!

At least we have an expiration date on the II hope. New Fears Eve.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when people who interviewed earlier this cycle can expect to hear back? I was told mid-December, but I'm not sure what exactly that means.
 
So.... Looking back on this thread 2 years ago, seems like some interviews were extended around this time and that was it for the cycle. However last year's thread had no interviews extended from December on. Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the likelihood of any more interviews being extended.
 
Did anyone here interview early November and recall whether they said we would hear back in December or February?
 
So.... Looking back on this thread 2 years ago, seems like some interviews were extended around this time and that was it for the cycle. However last year's thread had no interviews extended from December on. Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the likelihood of any more interviews being extended.
Nobody interested in opining?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Nobody interested in opining?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's just no one really knows. They might send out some still if people withdraw from their interview which could open up some spots. Since a decent amount of schools respond throughout December this could happen with people who get into their top choice and no longer want to interview here. Just some possibilities...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got IIs, what interview dates are still available? I am just trying to see if I have any chance left with them. 🙁
 
For those who got IIs, what interview dates are still available? I am just trying to see if I have any chance left with them. 🙁

The Director of Admissions told me that they met this past week to send out their final wave of II’s, which they did this past Monday. Sorry fam best of luck everywhere keep though [emoji53]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To the people who have been accepted so far—does your portal still say "under review" or is the "decision" tab now available?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad