2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected today pre-II, Complete 08/21, non-Canadian international, MSTP.

Their rejection letter thanked me for coming to campus and mentioned having a compelling interview when I've not gotten an II. Did you guys with pre-II rejection get the same letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected today pre-II, Complete 08/21, non-Canadian international, MSTP.

Their rejection letter thanked me for coming to campus and mentioned having a compelling interview when I've not gotten an II. Did you guys with pre-II rejection get the same letter?
Yeah, same!

Members don't see this ad :)
Their email was disrespectful. They didn't take an extra 30 seconds to edit their letter!
Lol what I was thinking too, and then they followed it up with a lame correction that was only addressed to my last name. The disrespect!

Reactions: 2 users
is everyone who got rejected pre-II MSTP? I was complete 7/17 only MD and have nothing

Reactions: 1 user
is everyone who got rejected pre-II MSTP? I was complete 7/17 only MD and have nothing
yeah i've heard nothing too (MD), and I really want to know if i've survived the MD slaughter or if it's just forthcoming lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just submitted my MD app (got secondary <24 hours after getting the MSTP R)

R today post-secondary, complete early sept. Had to check portal, didn't receive any emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been stuck at under review since 7/10...

+2 on the R, never went under review tho, oh well

Complete 7/17, when i check the portal it still says under review

Reactions: 5 users
Well looks like i survived the slaughter for now (complete mid-August), but will now be sure to even more obsessively check the portal if that's how they're playing this lol

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected on the portal too, complete mid-July. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

R on the portal - LM75, complete 8/13 and never switched to under-review. Wish they had e-mailed me...?

Sorry guys, the MSTP R definitely hurt and the inevitable MD R I'll probably get won't feel much better. For the record, I just received a reply to my email to the MD office where I asked for my application to be moved, saying "I see that your file is currently being reviewed for a possible interview," and I have the clock, so maybe it means something? This process is making me cynical af.

It’s never a good sign when the email is titled ‘______ School of Medicine Application Decision’ :(. This one stung. Good luck, friends.

Reactions: 3 users
"The Committee for Admissions has carefully reviewed your application materials and, based this review, has determined you will not be offered the opportunity to continue our application process for the Entering Class of 2019. This decision indicates the highly competitive nature of admissions to the MD program at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and does not reflect upon your qualifications to study medicine successfully."

"based this review" - well, the typo made me feel a little better about my first rejection, to be honest, hahaha. Guess I wasn't a good fit for their program - but best of luck to everyone who wasn't rejected / has gotten an II! Rooting for you!

Reactions: 3 users
i didn't get an R in this wave but i probably will in the next one haha, complete since mid july and no II is not a good sign

Rejected pre-II today as well. Sooner is better than later, I suppose!

Me too. First rejection of the season. Good luck everyone else.

For anyone that's already interviewed, could you speak about your interview experience?

Has anyone gotten a II from the MTSP program? or heard anything yet?