2019-2020 Arizona, Phoenix

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IS haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully, I hear something good this is my number one choice and in my backyard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you happen to know when OOS IIs go out?
I don't have an exact date, but I remember last year OOS II's were a little behind IS. However, it wasn't long delayed.
I will say that the Phx ADCOM is very organized in their process so if something seems troubling to you don't stress they are working on it and unlike a lot of schools always keep you in the loop.
 
OMG IS and just got an interview too! I am so excited!!! Interview is set for 8/26. I can't wait!!! Seriously, my heart is bursting (apologies for not being able to contain my excitement, but WOOOOO!) 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do! I just got a complete email and I submitted 2 days ago.
Interesting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."

Did you receive something different?
 
Interesting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."

Did you receive something different?
Nope that’s the one I got too! But it says we received your completed application so I took it as an application complete/received email all in one lol
 
Interesting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."

Did you receive something different?
I submitted 7/17 and haven't even received that email...
 
When were you complete? I'm also IS and trying to gauge which applications they've reviewed already (since they don't have status updates available on the portal)!
When did you submit? I don't know if there is a direct correlation to which applications they review when. I got a "secondary received" email from them on 8/1, so I was absolutely flabbergasted that I got an II that quickly. But don't fret - I drove myself crazy last cycle trying to determine a pattern to predict when I might hear back from schools, and was never right. So don't get discouraged!
 
For those who scheduled an interview, did you receive a confirmation email confirming your date and with additional details about the interview day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope everyone is doing well. Was just wondering about the achievement prompt? I am kind of stuck and don't have many ideas other than writing about my Bachelor's Degree (which I feel like is so common or cliché) anyone willing to offer up an example or an idea?
 
Hope everyone is doing well. Was just wondering about the achievement prompt? I am kind of stuck and don't have many ideas other than writing about my Bachelor's Degree (which I feel like is so common or cliché) anyone willing to offer up an example or an idea?
I wrote about growing up poor with unhealthy life choices (bad diet, no exercise, overweight etc). Got into rock climbing and competitions and placed/won some comps. How I turned it around and live a healthier life style now.
 
Last edited:
I'm having trouble with the humility prompt.... any one of have any ideas on what to write about?

I wrote about my mother being a companion to the elderly and constantly caring about the needs of others while maintaining a humble attitude. I found it easiest to write about this due to my volunteer experiences with the elderly, but any volunteering you have done would be a good place to start. Think of a time where you were committed to serving others, with no repayment or gain on your part. What did you learn from that? What does being humble mean to you? Stuff like that! Good luck!
 
I haven't fulfilled one of their course requirements and I got an email yesterday from the school stating "In order to be considered for admission into the medical school entering class of 2020, it is important to know when you plan to complete these course(s). Please respond to this email message by _______ with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold."

Anyone else who have not fulfilled their requirements receive this?
 
I haven't fulfilled one of their course requirements and I got an email yesterday from the school stating "In order to be considered for admission into the medical school entering class of 2020, it is important to know when you plan to complete these course(s). Please respond to this email message by _______ with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold."

Anyone else who have not fulfilled their requirements receive this?

Yeah, I just emailed them with the course name, school, and term that I plan to fulfill it.
 
Does anyone know if most people attend the welcome reception the night before the interview? Is it recommended to go?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like more interviews went out on Monday. Seems they've filled about a third of their interview spots according to the 300 interview offers on MSAR from last year.

99 total, 62 AZ, 37 OOS.
Where do you see this information?